Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Channel 7 Fake News

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Sgt. Sackto

Channel 7 Fake News

Post by Sgt. Sackto » Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:43 pm

Cannot believe I just saw our local channel 7 news completely misreport the story from Florida about a kid "getting arrested for not standing for the pledge of allegiance." Not at all what happened. As accurately reported in other sources the kid was arrested for causing a disturbance and threatening the substitute teacher...who is a Cuban immigrant. The school district has a policy that totally allows kids not to stand for the pledge. This is how you get labeled Fake News!

ZenithCKLW

Re: Channel 7 Fake News

Post by ZenithCKLW » Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:51 pm

It wasn’t just Channel 7. Everything I see has a headline that leads one to believe that Cause=not standing for pledge, and effect=arrest. Even though I don’t believe the media is an “enemy of the state”, intentionally misleading headlines are what make people not trust the media.

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:30 pm

Yea, that's not how it works.
There is no law preventing them from doing this

Music is my life.

Myron Falwell

Post by Myron Falwell » Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:43 pm

lovinlife101 wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:05 pm
I hope people get rich by suing news outlets that report fake news.
What justifies "fake news"? Something you don't like or makes you upset because a friend or a politician looks bad? Or is it coverage that is flawed or inaccurate because of a lack of editorial and/or quality control?

Seth Rich's family should have sued Fox News and Hannity into oblivion for the conspiracy theories propped up by his show, but they didn't. Even when they were unequivocally proven as false. THAT was a real case of "fake news."

I have no need for Boring McGraphics, tyvm

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:57 am

No, the example in the original post AND your example are both FAKE NEWS.

The fake news stories have been running rampant since the start of the year.

borderboy653659200

Post by borderboy653659200 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:45 am

Fake news ? Where did that phrase originate ? Oh,right,its first propagator was Hitler's Propaganda Minister Josef Goebbels . Hmmmmmmm.
As for the outrage over not standing for the Pledge Of Allegiance, I am reminded of Samuel Johnson's dismissal of reflexive patriotism ,"Patriotism is the scoundrel's last refuge ."

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:34 am

Never get on aol.com. The most intrusive, buggy, malware infested news site in the world. All BS aside.
The Pinocchio of websites. I run a program called Black Ice Defender that had a heart attack the last time I got on there.
I know this is off-topic, but felt it's worth mentioning.

Myron Falwell

Post by Myron Falwell » Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:37 pm

lovinlife101 wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:24 am
Myron Falwell wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:43 pm
lovinlife101 wrote:
What justifies "fake news"? Something you don't like or makes you upset because a friend or a politician looks bad? Or is it coverage that is flawed or inaccurate because of a lack of editorial and/or quality control?

Seth Rich's family should have sued Fox News and Hannity into oblivion for the conspiracy theories propped up by his show, but they didn't. Even when they were unequivocally proven as false. THAT was a real case of "fake news."
It’s pretty simple: reporting things that aren’t true.

https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/loca ... 97712.html

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2019/0 ... /23659562/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/arts-ent ... ae5853d294
First story got tainted by NBC and the media providing outright image rehab to the main student who hounded and harassed someone (that the NY Post attacked and defamed, go figure it was Murdoch’s paper) while attending a totally political event. End of story.

Second story: the GOP candidate who ran against Northam was a flaming racist from Minnesota, he was still totally worse than Northam and the whole leakage of news over there is 100% suspicious.

Third story: Melania and her husband are total skinflints and outright snowflakes, crying when the spotlight is on them unfavorably. To say nothing about the GOP and their eight-year targeted assault on Michelle Obama. So of course the GOP wants to have it both ways and has their party faithful go off the cliff like lemmings.

I have no need for Boring McGraphics, tyvm

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:45 pm

Lol, I haven't been on aol in forever. I forgot they were even around

Music is my life.

Deleted User 14888

Post by Deleted User 14888 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:06 pm

I thought they went the way of the dinosaurs.

Sgt. Sackto

Post by Sgt. Sackto » Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:23 pm

Myron Falwell wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:37 pm
lovinlife101 wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:24 am
Myron Falwell wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:43 pm
lovinlife101 wrote:

It’s pretty simple: reporting things that aren’t true.

https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/loca ... 97712.html

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2019/0 ... /23659562/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/arts-ent ... ae5853d294
First story got tainted by NBC and the media providing outright image rehab to the main student who hounded and harassed someone (that the NY Post attacked and defamed, go figure it was Murdoch’s paper) while attending a totally political event. End of story.

Second story: the GOP candidate who ran against Northam was a flaming racist from Minnesota, he was still totally worse than Northam and the whole leakage of news over there is 100% suspicious.

Third story: Melania and her husband are total skinflints and outright snowflakes, crying when the spotlight is on them unfavorably. To say nothing about the GOP and their eight-year targeted assault on Michelle Obama. So of course the GOP wants to have it both ways and has their party faithful go off the cliff like lemmings.
Let me help you Myron. Fake News is fine for you as long as it attacks Trump, who you don't like, or his supporters. There fixed it for you.

borderboy653659200

Post by borderboy653659200 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:18 pm

Fox News IS fake news,a literal Trump/Republican party house organ .

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic