I've gotten slow & sloppy in activating new accounts lately; sorry about that! All new acct registrations in the queue as of 9/23 at 7:15a ET have been activated. Want to share your favorite Buzzboard posts with your social media page readers? Now, there's an easy way to do it! Visit this page for instructions: viewtopic.php?f=39&t=47643

(Note: hover your mouse pointer near the upper right corner of this box and click the "x" to close it.)

Stations responsability to it's city of license.

Welcome to the Buzzboard's newest forum! Feel free to share your own views (and other people's published views, too) concerning programming & marketing strategies, the current state of the business, the latest innovations, the effect of regulatory policy, and the outlook for the future.
Turkeytop

Re: Stations responsability to it's city of license.

Post by Turkeytop » Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:44 pm

craig11152 wrote:I am not in radio so i do not understand the nuts and bolts of the industry. but it seems to me as a business you need to respond to your customers. If they are 150 miles away so be it. Who do the advertisements aim at? If I paid for air time I'd want bang for my buck.
I have zero knowledge of U.S. law, but it seems to me the first duty of the broadcaster should be to the community, not to its advertisers or its shareholders. The radio frequency spectrum is public property. Anyone licensed to have exclusive use of a frequency within a community should be obligated to provide a service to that community. If they can't make a profit doing that they shouldn't be in business. Let someone else use that frequency.

BeerMan

Post by BeerMan » Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:27 pm

In short. Stations have no obligation to the community of license any more.

douglasm

Post by douglasm » Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:31 pm

Too damn bad.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic