Hello! Welcome to the Michigan Radio & TV Buzzboard. All accepted new account registrations through 11-14-2017 at 8:00p ET have been activated. I apologize for the delay in activating new accounts.

Want to know Buzzboard readers' thoughts on the Cumulus debt restructuring proposal? Check out the thread in the "Broadcasting - General" forum!

(Note: hover your mouse pointer near the upper right corner of this box and click the "x" to close it.)

One stopset per hour. The new norm?

Welcome to the Buzzboard's newest forum! Feel free to share your own views (and other people's published views, too) concerning programming & marketing strategies, the current state of the business, the latest innovations, the effect of regulatory policy, and the outlook for the future.
++++

One stopset per hour. The new norm?

Post by ++++ » Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:22 am

Been noticing the stations that only stop once an hour for commercials. Examples I can site: KQCH 94.1 at night, WMID 1340 all the time.

If, when, I listen to certain (mostly smaller markets) I will notice psa's, promos and more psa's. Can't sell? No sales folks?
Was surprised to see, in the comments section, on a station's FB page "you have no station contact info. Only a request line. How would I advertise?"

Wow!

Anyway, why "stop" for psa's, promos, outdated weather, newscasts that are old?

Is one stopset an hour the future of radio? Thoughts?

Calvert DeForest

Re: One stopset per hour. The new norm?

Post by Calvert DeForest » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:23 am

Request line? Stations still have those?
I'm not a partisan - I'm just here for the free doughnuts!

++++

Post by ++++ » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:47 am

Ya, that post said "reguest line" and last year, it was kinda cute when the jock on WIFC gave the request line number and added "nobody calls anymore."

906XJ

Post by 906XJ » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:02 am

93.1 is lousy with PSA's... their "On the road update" constantly lists concerts that have already happened. Just the other day it was promoting Rock USA... which went down in July.

Does nobody that works there listen to the station?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic