Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Lisa Williams retiring from CKLW

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
WinPlentyWithDente

Lisa Williams retiring from CKLW

Post by WinPlentyWithDente » Fri Apr 05, 2024 9:38 am

It's the end of an era at AM800 CKLW.

Lisa Williams, the longtime co-host of The Morning Drive has announced her retirement.

She will be turning off her microphone for the final time on Friday, May 31.

Williams' has been a part of AM800 since 1986, starting out as a board op.

She also did part time sales along with part time on air work in 1988.

In 1992, Williams became the full time co-host of the morning show alongside the late Cam Gardiner.

In 2003, Gardiner retired and was replaced by current co-host Mike Kakuk.

Williams made the official announcement live on-air Friday morning on AM800.

"It's been an honour and a privilege to have connected with our morning listeners for almost four decades. My role on The Morning Drive has always been a labour of love, but I've decided to make this change because there are many more things I want to do," said Williams. "I'm grateful for having the opportunity to work alongside so many remarkable and talented people who have left a mark on my heart. Our show has always been about the listeners. It has been a shared experience, a daily ritual, and a platform for connection as the day begins. The support of our incredible audience has made The Morning Drive not just a radio show, but a community."

Her passion for sharing stories affecting the local community has resonated with listeners and played a pivotal role in supporting AM800 as the most dependable source of information for the Windsor-Essex region.

After 38-years, Williams says she's looking forward to more time with family, traveling, and continuing her involvement in local causes and community events.

The Morning Drive is the #1 morning show in Windsor-Essex.

It airs weekday mornings from 5 a.m. until 9 a.m.
Last edited by WinPlentyWithDente on Fri Apr 05, 2024 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

proxima3

Re: Lisa Williams retiring from CKLW

Post by proxima3 » Fri Apr 05, 2024 9:56 am

Now she really will be apart from AM800.

sizzlechest

Re: Lisa Williams retiring from CKLW

Post by sizzlechest » Sun Apr 07, 2024 3:45 pm

For entertainment, this is the best show on the radio. As for Lisa retiring, it sucks, but good for her.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic