Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Dan Dickerson

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
edj

Re: Dan Dickerson

Post by edj » Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:06 pm

Tom Hamilton can be hilarious when there are lull points. One game, for reasons I can't remember, he was ripping on the Kardashians, ending with "what a bunch of losers!".

I forget who is now calling the Cardinals. They've been through a few since Mike Shannon retired (and died not too long after).

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:37 pm

I'm listening to a game on KMOX right now (just to check out their crew). I'm not that impressed.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

BFSEsq

Post by BFSEsq » Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:47 pm

riggs wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:31 pm
Dan blew out both knees jogging during a road trip. He only missed one game. Dude's a gamer.
Was this the time that he went down at or near the team hotel, and Brandon Inge was the one who saw him and got him help? I remember that story.

mich.scott

Post by mich.scott » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:03 pm

Bobbert wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 10:45 am
I was listening to Dickerson and Scales last night. When I tuned in, they were coming out of a commercial break and I waited to hear the score of the game. And waited and waited and waited.

Finally, Dickerson started to give the score, but was interrupted by a ball that was put in play. He described the play, followed by typical over-analysis by him and Scales, and never got back to giving the score.
This is spot-on. We often get in the car and turn on the radio to see if the Tigers are winning. We wait out the commercials and when they return, Dan can't wait to spout off some stats and he never gets to the score. It is really frustrating. I realize Dan is in the upper echelon of MLB broadcasters and we are lucky to have him, but he has to do better at giving the score and inning. That said, I do like when he does television.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic