Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Ken Calvert, R.I.P

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Frosty

Re: Ken Calvert, R.I.P

Post by Frosty » Fri Jan 05, 2024 11:25 am

Wow.
To change the topic, wasn't KC also Chuck Roast, the Host with the Most -- oldies on Sundays on WRIF? Or is my memory cloudy? Chuck Roast: One of the best air names ever.

mikemach

Post by mikemach » Fri Jan 05, 2024 1:14 pm

My only real life experience was with Arthur P. when I won Maui Time way back in 2006. I was excited to sit down and hear stories about meeting with legendary rock stars. Instead when we sat down at an outdoor table in Maui he was really drunk and kept flexing his bicep and saying pretty good for an XX year old man (I can't remember his age). Eventually his handler (who everyone said was his ex brother in law) decided it was time to take him away to crash for the afternoon. I also remember that drinks by the pool were on Arthur the final day in Maui so that was pretty cool.

I remember years ago reading terrible things about John O'Leary here on the buzzboard.

edj

Post by edj » Fri Jan 05, 2024 1:39 pm

I met Lynne Woodison once at a remote. She was very rude. JJ was OK.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Jan 05, 2024 7:27 pm

Frosty wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2024 11:25 am
Wow.
To change the topic, wasn't KC also Chuck Roast, the Host with the Most -- oldies on Sundays on WRIF? Or is my memory cloudy? Chuck Roast: One of the best air names ever.
Yup. Chuck Roast was indeed K.C.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Fri Jan 05, 2024 8:05 pm

Karen Savelly was one of the sweetest people you'd ever want to run into. Steve Kostan was a literal musical savant. He would know what David Lee Roth ate the day Van Halen recorded Jump.

Never had the pleasure of working with Mr. St. James. Arthur P? My first day in the building I called him Mr. Penhallow and he goes "Specs Howard?" 🤣
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic