Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

The revolving door at WWJ

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Colonel Flagg

The revolving door at WWJ

Post by Colonel Flagg » Fri Nov 03, 2023 1:20 pm

In addition to KT, Brooke Allen, and others, I noticed that young reporter Alexis Ware has been missing as well. Looks like she found a nice gig:

it's toward the middle of the story:

https://www.wxyz.com/news/potential-buy ... no-refunds

"Don't you knock when you enter a room?"

Rate This

Re: The revolving door at WWJ

Post by Rate This » Fri Nov 03, 2023 2:06 pm

Colonel Flagg wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 1:20 pm
In addition to KT, Brooke Allen, and others, I noticed that young reporter Alexis Ware has been missing as well. Looks like she found a nice gig:

it's toward the middle of the story:

https://www.wxyz.com/news/potential-buy ... no-refunds
That’s not a big loss. She had serious delivery issues.

edj

Post by edj » Fri Nov 03, 2023 2:32 pm

Tracy McCaskill also has delivery issues with her voice and tone all over the place. She's been in the business for years, no excuse.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Nov 03, 2023 3:22 pm

I like her presentation for the most part.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Nov 03, 2023 4:08 pm

edj wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 2:32 pm
Tracy McCaskill also has delivery issues with her voice and tone all over the place. She's been in the business for years, no excuse.
She has kind of an odd delivery but she doesn’t have annunciation issues. She has one of those voices that rise at the end of a sentence. Alexis Ware had issues with annunciation.

Dan in Northville

Post by Dan in Northville » Fri Nov 03, 2023 7:37 pm

Issues? Alexis Ware was unlistenable. But I think you mean enunciation.............unless she had a problem with the angel Gabriel :D

edj

Post by edj » Fri Nov 03, 2023 8:34 pm

It also rises in the middle of a sentence to almost a squeak. Very annoying.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Fri Nov 03, 2023 8:50 pm

Now would be a great time to send in a resume and demo. The way these stations are hemorrhaging talent, we would have to be a shoe-in.
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Colonel Flagg

Post by Colonel Flagg » Fri Nov 03, 2023 9:27 pm

With a little more work, I think Alexis would have been very good. There's not a lot of young people who are interested in the biz anymore. Where was she supposed to go to learn? West Branch? Lansing? I'd bet everyone is gone by 4:30.

Tracy McCaskill is very good in a supporting role, co-anchoring, but I am not fond of her solo. Hopefully that will change.

I still enjoy hearing veteran broadcasters like Mike Campbell, and Pat Vitale. They were both there when I was there. I won't say how many years ago, but Roger Nadel and Tom Bell were running the show. The business was still fun back then.
"Don't you knock when you enter a room?"

radiofann

Post by radiofann » Fri Nov 03, 2023 11:36 pm

Colonel Flagg wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 9:27 pm
With a little more work, I think Alexis would have been very good. There's not a lot of young people who are interested in the biz anymore. Where was she supposed to go to learn? West Branch? Lansing? I'd bet everyone is gone by 4:30.

Tracy McCaskill is very good in a supporting role, co-anchoring, but I am not fond of her solo. Hopefully that will change.

I still enjoy hearing veteran broadcasters like Mike Campbell, and Pat Vitale. They were both there when I was there. I won't say how many years ago, but Roger Nadel and Tom Bell were running the show. The business was still fun back then.
Memories flooding back…. Earl Dickinson, George Kendall, Paul Snyder, joe Donovan, grant Hudson…Byron macgregor.. the good old days…. Any other names for reminiscing?

Like Paul Newman locker room speech in the 1977 movie Slap Shot

“Dit Clapper, Toe Blake, Eddie Shore…. We’ve got to get back to old time hockey!”

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Nov 03, 2023 11:50 pm

Dan in Northville wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 7:37 pm
Issues? Alexis Ware was unlistenable. But I think you mean enunciation.............unless she had a problem with the angel Gabriel :D
Wow… I botched that. I’m a shoe in for WWJ now. :lol Actually I don’t mind most of the people there.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic