Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

WADL didnt show the CW ACC football game this past saturday

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: WADL didnt show the CW ACC football game this past saturday

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Nov 09, 2023 10:47 am

If CW and WADL had no affiliation agreement, and if the purchase agreement between Mission and WADL does not restrict CW from affiliating with another local station in the interim (I have no idea if such language exists in the purchase agreement or not), then it seems to me CW would have every right to affiliate with whomever it pleases.

On the other hand, if such restrictive language does exist in the purchase agreement, given the fact the purchase agreement was presumably filed with the FCC, then I would agree that a case could be made that Scripps might be liable for damages. I am unsure how the damage amount could even be calculated, though, since it is unclear to me how an affiliation agreement with WMYD would jeopardize the sale of WADL to Mission Broadcasting. Under such a scenario, the court might simply order Nexstar and WMYD to end their CW affiliation agreement immediately with no monetary damages awarded (other than legal costs perhaps).

I don't blame Adell for being pissed at Nexstar / Sook. Sounds like they were unwilling to reimburse for tech upgrades and other costs and then wanted up to a 36 month affiliation agreement for free (whereby WADL would have to air their national ads to boot). The animosity toward Scripps I cannot quite figure out, though.

Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Fri Nov 10, 2023 12:00 am

To me Nexstar/Mission didn't need to buy WADL I think that Scripps would've been more than happy to take The CW for WMYD TV20.
Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

Splouge

Post by Splouge » Fri Nov 10, 2023 3:53 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 10:47 am
The animosity toward Scripps I cannot quite figure out, though.
If I understand Adell's statements correctly, he seems to think that WMYD is conspiring to sabotage the sale of WADL to Mission.
"Wanna watch some syndicated slop with very little budget or entertainment value? You got it buddy!"

-Byron "The Broadcast Butcher" Allen

RayQix

Post by RayQix » Sat Nov 11, 2023 9:36 pm

Uh oh…… conspiracy!!

Is he full of other theories too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Editorcj

Post by Editorcj » Mon Nov 13, 2023 11:05 pm

Kevin and his dad have had a contentious relationship with Scripps since they moved next door some 30 years ago. From paying for the gate guard to landscaping and paving the driveway among other things there seems to always be a feud of some sort going on.

Marcus

Post by Marcus » Tue Nov 14, 2023 1:19 am

I've noticed that WMYD continues to ID as 20 Detroit although the CW programming aired during Primetime. Are they still not sure if the WADL sale to Mission Broadcasting is going to happen or be approved?

lush.rimbaugh

Post by lush.rimbaugh » Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:30 am

Marcus wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2023 1:19 am
I've noticed that WMYD continues to ID as 20 Detroit although the CW programming aired during Primetime. Are they still not sure if the WADL sale to Mission Broadcasting is going to happen or be approved?
This is my guess. It doesn't make sense to re-brand while the situation is still fluid.

Splouge

Post by Splouge » Mon Nov 20, 2023 12:18 am

I was supportive of Nexstar acquiring WADL in the past. Mainly because of the possibilty of getting Rewind TV. Now I'm good either way, since The Drew Carey Show is coming to Antenna TV next year.
"Wanna watch some syndicated slop with very little budget or entertainment value? You got it buddy!"

Splouge

Post by Splouge » Mon Dec 04, 2023 1:55 pm

thekman wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 2:30 pm
Splouge wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2023 1:45 am
This actually kinda sucks for me, because "Whose Line is it Anyway" is the only show on a "Big 5" network that I watch. Lucky for me, at least I can get WTVG.
Yes! I agree. Love me some Whose Line.
TBD (still a dumb name for a network) is adding the current iteration of Whose Line to its lineup. Monday-Saturday from 7PM to 10, and Sunday nights from 6 to 10. Promos said "Premeiring Monday December 4", which is today. But they already aired it yesterday.

TBD is also adding Key & Peele and Punk'd. I've never seen Key & Peele, but I'll be checking it out. And as irritating as Ashton Kutcher can be, I actually kinda like Punk'd.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic