Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

New Nielsen audio numbers - lots of movement!

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
stopnswop2

Re: New Nielsen audio numbers - lots of movement!

Post by stopnswop2 » Thu Oct 05, 2023 9:52 pm

MrTaterSalad wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2023 10:48 am
It's disappointing to see, even with all the voicetracking and out of market talent they have, that WYCD is doing so well. I can't stand Katie & Company on middays and Coop being voicetracked from out of market sucks too. I also don't like their CHR imaging as 99-5 'YCD and the CHR jingles they have. I really wish WYCD had some real live and local competition.
When the current country music they're playing sounds the same as the nonsense on the CHR stations, they should be using CHR imaging.

Country music ain't for cowboys and farmgirls no more. It's for the brain dead tiktok generation

Music is my life.

armchair pd

Post by armchair pd » Fri Oct 06, 2023 7:46 am

Majik wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2023 6:09 pm
I find it interesting that with 97.1’s pretty consistent position among the top five of monthly rankings that no other station has tried to syphon off listeners by going sports talk. I kind of remember maybe 105.1 trying about 7 or 8 years ago. I recall that as an uninspired effort, at least to my ears. With as much criticism as I see on this board about the various hosts at the ticket it would seem a natural that some station would give it a shot. Maybe that is where WJR could try to retrieve some of its dignity. Could a lack of decent air talent be the main roadblock to such an endeavor?
Spoken word is the most expensive format to execute there is. Who's gonna spend money to take on a 10 share station in this market?
Ifart? Cumulus?
Ridiculous.
One of the reasons 105.1 was such a high profile flop is because they half-assed it.
That won't work against the Ticket. Talent aside, they have all the PBP rights.

Greg Buben

Post by Greg Buben » Fri Oct 06, 2023 11:16 am

I saw the September ratings for Detroit came out and as I said earlier I felt WYCD would gain in the ratings. What I was
amazed about was that WYCD did better than WOMC, WMXD, WCSX, and WRIF. WYCD did better than what I expected.

Deleted User 16093

Post by Deleted User 16093 » Sat Oct 07, 2023 12:31 pm

stopnswop2 wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2023 9:52 pm
MrTaterSalad wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2023 10:48 am
It's disappointing to see, even with all the voicetracking and out of market talent they have, that WYCD is doing so well. I can't stand Katie & Company on middays and Coop being voicetracked from out of market sucks too. I also don't like their CHR imaging as 99-5 'YCD and the CHR jingles they have. I really wish WYCD had some real live and local competition.
When the current country music they're playing sounds the same as the nonsense on the CHR stations, they should be using CHR imaging.

Country music ain't for cowboys and farmgirls no more. It's for the brain dead tiktok generation

:D Sorry couldn't resist.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic