Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Matt Shepard Out After Five as Bally Sports Tigers' PBP...

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
edj

Re: Matt Shepard Out After Five as Bally Sports Tigers' PBP...

Post by edj » Thu Oct 05, 2023 10:47 am

BirdieKingBobo wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2023 10:10 am
Call me crazy... but I can see Bally showing the game on the television and some how broadcasting the radio play by play at the same time... It would save them a lot of money that they don't have.
Vin Sully did that during the first few innings of the Dodgers games.

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Thu Oct 05, 2023 11:10 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2023 6:32 am
His father, Marty, *is* a HOF worthy broadcaster, by the way.
Grew up in Cincinnati Reds country in the 1960s and 1970s, listening to Marty Brennaman and Joe Nuxhall. Very good team—maybe as good as Ernie and Paul. Very relaxed, friendly style, which is about all I ask of a baseball broadcast.

Editorcj

Post by Editorcj » Thu Oct 05, 2023 11:12 am

They should hire Jim Brockmire

SBaxley

Post by SBaxley » Fri Oct 06, 2023 7:12 am

I agree, Dan Hasty would be entertaining as the new tigers tv voice, I do like to offer for consideration, Lansing Lugnuts radio voice Jesse Goldberg-Strassler his love of the sport is well known, knows the sports history like the proverbial back of his hand.
But, I hate to do this, but let's bring up the white elephant in the room, and that is the fate of Ballys Sports parent Diamond Sports Group, ( since we can already call their Arizona RSN defunct after the NHL coyotes OTA broadcast rights went to Scripps Sports. ) but we are not sure the beleaguered Diamond Sports Group will even survive into the start of the 2024 baseball season.

tivoking

Post by tivoking » Fri Oct 06, 2023 7:38 am

Can they get rid of Gibson? His slow speech with a lot of pausing is not good for television. He's made his money. Get some more young guys from the Tigers in there. Dickerson was 44 when he started with the Tigers.

tivoking

Post by tivoking » Fri Oct 06, 2023 7:40 am

Bally is going to low ball the next replacement and they will suck because who can get excited about these losers.

Daenerys

Post by Daenerys » Fri Oct 06, 2023 5:31 pm

Dan Dickerson is employed by the Tigers, not Bally and he's not going to TV. Mario publicly stated he's not interested in the job. Whether it's just posturing or he really doesn't want the job remains to be seen.

Scooter

Post by Scooter » Fri Oct 06, 2023 7:14 pm

With Bally in Chaptet 11 bankruptcy, I think I would get a new job while you still can.

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk

Editorcj

Post by Editorcj » Fri Oct 06, 2023 8:18 pm

BSD is one of the few Diamond properties that is still profitable, so it's likely it will either be sold or spun into a new company.

deadend

Post by deadend » Mon Oct 09, 2023 5:43 pm

Van Earl Wright

radioandtventhusiast

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Mon Oct 16, 2023 12:17 pm

I bet Dan Dickerson goes to TV. For the radio side, I doubt Jim Weber at his age would want to leave the Mud Hens. He's always been happy there.

Brennaman seems to be trying really hard to make amends with the LGBTQ+ community, but the thing is, that hot mic recording and botched apology will always exist that he's damaged goods. He was relegated to HS Football games last year in Cincy, which likely doesn't have many viewers or listeners.

I'd love Mario back, but he doesn't seem to want the gig.

We'll see if Bally Sports exists next year. I wouldn't doubt MLB produces more team games.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic