Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

275 song playlist

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Round Six

275 song playlist

Post by Round Six » Sun Sep 17, 2023 8:17 pm

I decided to start a new thread with this topic, rather than continue in the thread I have copy-n-pasted from below:
BKRPDM wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2023 7:23 am
Round Six wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2023 6:12 am
48125er wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2023 11:46 pm
Maybe Chris Edmonds?
I vote for nobody.

No morning "show".
Just play one song after the other. No news. No weather. No traffic reports.
Pay the bills and play the music.
That's it.

I know I'm in the minority here on Buzzboard. But just how many Metro Detroiters would refrain from hitting the preset because they're not hearing gums flapping in the breeze?
Why would you even bother then, to listen to the same 275-song playlist over and over? In that case, wouldn’t you rather build your own playlist in Spotify, You Tube, etc.
BKRPDM is right if you're talking about someone sitting at home listening to a desktop radio, or maybe on a long drive.
Another option would be good ol' SiriusXM. Less gums and more music.

But let's talk about the average commercial radio listener. What type of radio are they listening on?
Let's just say 50% of commercial radio listeners are in a car with presets.
How many of those are hitting the presets as soon as a commercial or an "online personality" starts talking?

How about those reading this post right now? What do you do when you're in your vehicle?
Do you sit thru six commercials in a row while you're in the vehicle?
Or are you hitting a preset as soon as you hear something other than music?

Maybe this is why radio stations play the same 275 tunes. They want to "catch" that driver surfing the band with their presets. Yeah maybe it's a worn out tune, but are people going to listen to the song, or an ad for Gartner White?

Life is not a dress rehearsal. This is it. There's no going back, and we can only go forward before we run out of runway.

Mega Hertz

Re: 275 song playlist

Post by Mega Hertz » Sun Sep 17, 2023 8:47 pm

I disagree about the "less gums" thing on Sirius. Yes, it is commercial free (though they do stop the music), there has been times when even I say "Jesus, how about you just play a fucking song!".

But the essence is, yes, when Tom and Linda Suburbia jump in the car to head to work or Meijer and they click the radio on, they want to be SURE they're playing Hotel California so that they don't change it. That's literally a category in the call out tests. You might be tired of it, you may not like it...but you know it. Good enough.
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic