Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Could 98.7 flip to classic country as a flanker for WYCD?

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
audiophile

Re: Could 98.7 flip to classic country as a flanker for WYCD?

Post by audiophile » Fri Oct 06, 2023 8:07 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2023 9:46 am
Was car shopping and the low and mid trim levels in many cars does not include HD radio. The second to the top trim level on Mazdas includes SiriusXM, but no HD radio.

I can't imagine anything but it declining from here on out.
I agree.

There are also some manufacturers that no longer offer Sirius XM as standard or even as an option on certain lower and mid-tier trims. Honda is one such manufacturer. I will say this, though - SXM on their Bose audio system sounds outstanding. Clear highs, good dynamic range, good sound stage, thumpy bass in the right spots. The overall audio quality of SXM on that system is superior to most FM stations, in my opinion. Night and day difference versus how SXM sounded on my former Ford.
Must be streaming, there is just not enough bits on the satellite to make it better than hot garbage.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Oct 06, 2023 10:08 am

With the right codec, 40 kbps can sound quite good.

I am unsure if there is any communication between the SXM receiver and cell towers / hotspots.

Everywhere I've driven so far has good to excellent cell service, so tough for me to say. I'd have to go somewhere with poor service to test that theory.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Fri Oct 06, 2023 3:50 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2023 10:08 am
With the right codec, 40 kbps can sound quite good.

I am unsure if there is any communication between the SXM receiver and cell towers / hotspots.

Everywhere I've driven so far has good to excellent cell service, so tough for me to say. I'd have to go somewhere with poor service to test that theory.
I would say it can sound "ok" at 40k on AAC.

You get into SBR once you fall below 64k on AAC.

I don't think sat companies used AAC, because it was so early.
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic