Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Drew & Mike Podcast Complaint Thread

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
unscopedaircheck

Re: Drew & Mike Podcast Complaint Thread

Post by unscopedaircheck » Fri Oct 20, 2023 1:25 pm

macgoldfan wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2023 6:22 pm
So in the last show Drew eluded that he's getting shook down from Mike Clark's family and that was the reason they haven't put out any new merch. Also the reason there hasn't been Clarktober going this month, the 5 year anniversary of his death. He is also thinking about changing the name of the show.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
I just listened to that part. Wow. That's wild. I'm guessing it's either Trish or his sister Cyndi. What exactly are they hoping to get out of it? Money? I can't imagine there's a ton of money in the podcast...at least not enough to be threatening legal action over. They're not disrespecting him in any way.

I did a search of Oakland County records. Seemingly no lawsuits filed.

However, I would be in favor of them dropping any claim to Mike's name in exchange for firing Farc.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Oct 21, 2023 8:00 am

My gut feeling is Drew is full of shit.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sat Oct 21, 2023 9:58 am

Well, wouldn't they have locked something in place after Mike's death? I mean, it was the Drew and Mike podcast regardless. Was it just a handshake deal? And I can't understand why someone would go after Drew NOW after all this time.
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

unscopedaircheck

Post by unscopedaircheck » Sat Oct 21, 2023 8:24 pm

I wonder if there are some machinations with Beasley and rights to the name. It may not be his family. I just don't know why you bring this up 5 years after he dies and 10+ after they left terrestrial radio. Then again, like you said, maybe Drew is full of shit.

unscopedaircheck

Post by unscopedaircheck » Mon Nov 13, 2023 12:27 pm

I respect Eli so I will give him some leeway, but Farc's take on the UM situation is laughable. He speaks with such authority on the matter but he's nothing more than a UM fanboy.

sizzlechest

Post by sizzlechest » Mon Nov 13, 2023 2:40 pm

I know you're not a fan of Marc, but he did graduate from U of M. So he's a little more than a fanboy.

unscopedaircheck

Post by unscopedaircheck » Mon Nov 13, 2023 3:06 pm

So did I. Big fucking deal. I'm mature enough not too try to live in my "glory years" by being obsessed with a dirty program. Farc is one of the worst people I've ever had the pleasure of knowing

unscopedaircheck

Post by unscopedaircheck » Mon Nov 13, 2023 3:10 pm

The only fanbase more obnoxious than UM is ND

unscopedaircheck

Post by unscopedaircheck » Tue Nov 14, 2023 2:33 pm

Farc needs to stick to reading about Britney and Jada Smith

radiofann

Post by radiofann » Tue Nov 14, 2023 9:04 pm

I am so glad I have not listened to D&(late) Mike since probably 2006, can't remember, they simply became irrelevant and unfunny starting when survivor reality TV came on and all they did was watch reruns of that and comment. Janet Jackson wardrobe malfunction took any edginess away. I did love how they piled on Mitchie Albom in early 2000's but that was so long ago. Mitch is still plying his novellas about dead people and broadcasting to near-dead people on WJR.

Drew and Mike always seemed creepy leering at nude young celebs with Mr Skin. We all grow out of that I guess, hopefully it's not part of the podcast

Round Six

Post by Round Six » Tue Nov 14, 2023 9:26 pm

radiofann wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2023 9:04 pm
Drew and Mike always seemed creepy leering at nude young celebs with Mr Skin. We all grow out of that I guess, hopefully it's not part of the podcast
When they were still over the air, I always pictured Beavis and Butthead.
Life is not a dress rehearsal. This is it. There's no going back, and we can only go forward before we run out of runway.

unscopedaircheck

Post by unscopedaircheck » Tue Dec 12, 2023 2:17 pm

Farc must have learned a new word..."trope"

unscopedaircheck

Post by unscopedaircheck » Wed Dec 20, 2023 8:29 pm

Add Leduff to the friends of Farc who have a record. McCarty, Leduff...who else? I think he bagged about being buddy buddy with someone else who has a sheet as long as my arm. Riley probably has some skeletons...his new digs in Naples look pretty sweet....where did he get all his money? Surely running a local garage door company can't pay for his largesse.
Last edited by unscopedaircheck on Wed Dec 20, 2023 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Dec 20, 2023 8:31 pm

Where has Mike been?
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

unscopedaircheck

Post by unscopedaircheck » Wed Dec 20, 2023 8:33 pm

He'll be back in the new year.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic