Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

"Close" Losses?

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Bobbert

"Close" Losses?

Post by Bobbert » Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:48 am

I was listening to Tony Ortiz this morning talk about the Pistons suffering another "close" loss, 128-120. He said that the total losing margin in their three losses was 27 points, or an average of nine points.

Does he not understand the meaning of "close" or is he just trying to hype one of 97.1's sports teams? Or maybe just make all the younger players feel better about themselves?

Robert Faygo

Re: "Close" Losses?

Post by Robert Faygo » Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:34 am

He might have meant close in terms of the team's competitiveness, not the score differential when the clock hit 0.0.

Who knows if the wholesale changes they made in the offseason will payoff, but early on they feel like a team that could be a whole lot less boring.
Wellllll... la de frickin da

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:51 pm

I agree, Bobbert.

I've been reading similar drivel in the local newspapers. So sick of reading about "encouraging" losses. I don't see how blowing a 9 point lead in overtime two games ago is "encouraging." I also don't see how blowing a sizable second half lead in the season opener is "encouraging."

This Pistons team is garbage. It's going to be a long, long season (like usual).
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Dec 31, 2020 3:07 am

I noticed Blaha got ripped by Charles Barkley on TNT after the crew analyzed the surging Bucks at halftime of their game. They did a live look in and Blaha said, "Another close disappointing loss for the Pistons." Barkley said something to the effect of, " I am not sure what he's saying because Detroit hasn't been competitive in a decade." The sad thing is Charles is right.
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic