Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Benny and the Power of the Media

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Bobbert

Benny and the Power of the Media

Post by Bobbert » Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:31 pm

For those of us old enough to remember, Benny Napoleon's career got a big boost in January 1994 when he was thrust into the media spotlight following the attack on skater Nancy Kerrigan in Detroit. He was Detroit Deputy Police Chief at the time.

From all the praise he's received since his death, he was probably destined for political prominence, but he got so much publicity from that one incident, that it didn't surprise me at all when he moved on to higher positions later. I wonder how much that media exposure helped him.

Bryce

Re: Benny and the Power of the Media

Post by Bryce » Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:06 pm

Bobbert wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:31 pm
For those of us old enough to remember, Benny Napoleon's career got a big boost in January 1994 when he was thrust into the media spotlight following the attack on skater Nancy Kerrigan in Detroit. He was Detroit Deputy Police Chief at the time.

From all the praise he's received since his death, he was probably destined for political prominence, but he got so much publicity from that one incident, that it didn't surprise me at all when he moved on to higher positions later. I wonder how much that media exposure helped him.
Probably much less than the exposure Gill Hill received.
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

RayQix

Post by RayQix » Tue Dec 22, 2020 5:41 am

Wasn’t Benny full Chief at one time?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Tue Dec 22, 2020 4:26 pm

Bryce wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:06 pm
Bobbert wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:31 pm

Probably much less than the exposure Gill Hill received.
That's right, Gil Hill rode his national exposure to presidency of the Detroit City Council. All he had to do was cuss out Eddie Murphy in Beverly Hills Cop.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic