Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Ron Cameron

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Momo

Re: Ron Cameron

Post by Momo » Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:55 pm

uncleb67 wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 2:05 pm
Going down a rabbit hole of watching episodes of “SportsView Today”, and just saw an episode in the queue w/Jim Price as a guest.
How attitudes about Price changed ... for both Ron & Denny. The only possible discordant moment was when Denny Introduced "Jimmy" Price as "one of our favorite people here today with us." When that elicited no immediate reaction from Ron before he said, "Okay ... Yes, we do," Denny questioned the "moment of silence." This 1990 broadcast apparently was before Price "stabbed [Jim Northrup] in the back," as there was good-natured teasing from Price about his PASS colleague Jim "the Grey Buzzard" Northrup. And when Price - seemingly serious - said he was Denny's favorite catcher, there was no pushback. Price's use of the word "Yellowhammer" also went unnoted. The Ron who rails against player salaries was much on display. As was the belief that "bums" were then playing ... who couldn't have even played in "Double A" years ago.

Colonel Flagg

Post by Colonel Flagg » Fri Apr 05, 2024 9:33 am

Perhaps I have asked this before, but what are the chances that Ron has a storage unit somewhere, filled with all of his sports memorabilia?

Seems like something Ron would do, and if it does exist, it would be a shame for whatever is in there to end up in a dumpster, if rent on the locker goes unpaid.

Does anyone know?
"Don't you knock when you enter a room?"

Dan in Northville

Post by Dan in Northville » Fri Apr 05, 2024 10:57 am

Colonel Flagg wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2024 9:33 am
Perhaps I have asked this before, but what are the chances that Ron has a storage unit somewhere, filled with all of his sports memorabilia?

Seems like something Ron would do, and if it does exist, it would be a shame for whatever is in there to end up in a dumpster, if rent on the locker goes unpaid.

Does anyone know?
I would bet that the only storage unit Ron ever had was the nightstand next to the bed in his fleabag motel room.

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Fri Apr 05, 2024 11:37 am

Colonel Flagg wrote:

Does anyone know?
That makes a lot of sense, especially after Bob Page's revelation about Ron's big collection of newspapers.

Didn't someone here who saw his car in a parking lot say it was full of newspapers, magazines, and other similar things?

There was probably some stuff that he moved from hotel to hotel, but it was probably thrown out by people who weren't really interested in saving any of it. "Just get rid of it," a manager probably told a maid about stuff she found in Ron's room.

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:34 pm

Ron once said that "every drunk in Detroit" was in the centerfield bleachers at Tiger Stadium.

After watching some of Fox 2's pre-game Opening Day coverage, I'd say that "every drunk in Detroit" is being interviewed today outside of Comerica Park.

Momo

Post by Momo » Fri Apr 05, 2024 1:51 pm

Colonel Flagg wrote:

Does anyone know?
I don't see Ron as someone who'd pay to store whatever sports memorabilia he had. And, although in many ways he seemed to fit the profile of a hoarder, his itinerant lifestyle, routinely picking up stakes with nothing more than the shirt on his back, surely discouraged that proclivity.

At the risk of confirming the allegation that I was a stalker, I couldn't help but venture a quick peek at his car the second - & last - time I saw him at the library. To my surprise, I saw nothing out of the ordinary. So he wasn't using his car as any repository.

The only thing I'm certain he saved over the years were the receipts for the ten meals he paid for Jim Harbaugh.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Apr 05, 2024 2:01 pm

Bobbert wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:34 pm
Ron once said that "every drunk in Detroit" was in the centerfield bleachers at Tiger Stadium.

After watching some of Fox 2's pre-game Opening Day coverage, I'd say that "every drunk in Detroit" is being interviewed today outside of Comerica Park.
💯
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

Momo

Post by Momo » Fri Apr 05, 2024 5:59 pm

You have to know that all this attention to women’s athletics would thrill Ron.

radiofan1974

Post by radiofan1974 » Fri Apr 05, 2024 6:13 pm

What a great opening day

I can imagine all the busses lined down Woodward

edj

Post by edj » Fri Apr 05, 2024 7:51 pm

Were there any caravans?

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Mon Apr 08, 2024 10:38 am

Momo wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2024 1:51 pm
Colonel Flagg wrote:

Does anyone know?
I don't see Ron as someone who'd pay to store whatever sports memorabilia he had. And, although in many ways he seemed to fit the profile of a hoarder, his itinerant lifestyle, routinely picking up stakes with nothing more than the shirt on his back, surely discouraged that proclivity.

At the risk of confirming the allegation that I was a stalker, I couldn't help but venture a quick peek at his car the second - & last - time I saw him at the library. To my surprise, I saw nothing out of the ordinary. So he wasn't using his car as any repository.

The only thing I'm certain he saved over the years were the receipts for the ten meals he paid for Jim Harbaugh.
Here are the comments I remembered about the interior of Ron's car:

https://mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/viewtopi ... 20#p711089

Momo

Post by Momo » Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:51 pm

Bobbert wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 10:38 am
Momo wrote:
Colonel Flagg wrote:

Does anyone know?

Yeah, I was expecting the worst when I quickly peered into the interior of Ron’s car. I was disappointed when that wasn’t the case.

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:41 pm

Momo wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:51 pm
Bobbert wrote:
Momo wrote:
Colonel Flagg wrote:

Does anyone know?

Yeah, I was expecting the worst when I quickly peered into the interior of Ron’s car. I was disappointed when that wasn’t the case.
Jesus, that's creepy! Ron needs to take a PPO out on you!
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Momo

Post by Momo » Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:17 am

Matt wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:41 pm
Momo wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:51 pm
Bobbert wrote:
Momo wrote:
Colonel Flagg wrote:

Does anyone know?

Talk about the long arm of the law!

Round Six

Post by Round Six » Tue Apr 09, 2024 10:19 am

Momo wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:17 am
Matt wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:41 pm
Talk about the long arm of the law!
Someone needs to dig into to this.
Life is not a dress rehearsal. This is it. There's no going back, and we can only go forward before we run out of runway.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic