Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Pantera on 89X

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Deleted User 14990

Pantera on 89X

Post by Deleted User 14990 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 3:19 am

I haven't listened to 89X heavily in awhile, but yesterday they were playing "Walk" by Pantera. I was Impressed!! I realize there bound by can con rules but it would be nice to see a little more of this on there.

Mega Hertz

Re: Pantera on 89X

Post by Mega Hertz » Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:42 am

I've heard Cowboys From Hell on there once or twice. It certainly is a nice change of pace from the rest of the soundalikes they play.
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

windsor

Post by windsor » Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:36 pm

I don't think can con rules state that you cant play Pantera, but its nice to see 89X break out of the all alt or nothing modern rock format.I hope they can keep it up with the heavier rock like a Pantera.

I also heard a cool sweeper just the other day on 89X that said something like" in a sea of tired worn out rock there is new rock 89x" or to that effect.

Imo, BellMedia made a big mistake closing their Det office and bow out of the Detroit market.I like more and more what I hear on 89X.I really think they have positioned themselves for success in the Det market by a playlist of New Rock without the hair metal or classic rock.I was surprised to also hear Dirty Honey in their rotation.

Kudo's to them on the Pantera lets hear more Mark Mackenzie...………..
F**K Trudeau and F**K CBC !!!!

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:09 pm

I guess I'm just confused how the "new rock" station plays a track like this from 1992, but the classic rock stations play rock songs released nearly a decade later.
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic