Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Andrew Humphrey of WDIV cannot forecast worth a shit!

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Andrew Humphrey of WDIV cannot forecast worth a shit!

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:05 am

This clown actually said this morning would be MOSTLY SUNNY! :lol

So far, it's been completely overcast here in the near northern suburbs of Oakland County.

https://www.clickondetroit.com/weather/ ... f-weekend/

As if his inaccurate weather forecast wasn't bad enough, he feels the need to load his online forecast with about a dozen event plugs. Good grief.

Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

windsor

Re: Andrew Humphrey of WDIV cannot forecast worth a shit!

Post by windsor » Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:33 pm

He;s only accurate if your going to "services"...…. :lol
F**K Trudeau and F**K CBC !!!!

radioandtventhusiast

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Sat Dec 07, 2019 5:10 pm

I looked at the link. Why would he need to put random events alongside the forecast? I don't have a problem with one big event, but DOZENS? Never seen a meteorologist do something like that before. Most people who check the forecast could care less about those events he's listing. Just stick to giving the forecast.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Dec 07, 2019 5:58 pm

I'll give him some credit - his forecast for the afternoon hours turned out to be a lot more accurate than his morning forecast!

If he wants to plug events - why not put them in a self-contained list below the actual forecast? I agree with you, enthusiast.

windsor

Post by windsor » Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:03 pm

The weathercaster that is tops for me right now is Lori Pinson on Fox2.

She gets to the point and tells you everything you wanted to know and always has Windsor on her temps map.Unlike Loco4...…. :barf

Thx Lori
F**K Trudeau and F**K CBC !!!!

radioandtventhusiast

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:23 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 5:58 pm
I'll give him some credit - his forecast for the afternoon hours turned out to be a lot more accurate than his morning forecast!

If he wants to plug events - why not put them in a self-contained list below the actual forecast? I agree with you, enthusiast.
I agree that the events should be in a list below the forecast. Putting them in the same paragraphs as the forecast seems strange to me.

fanniemae

Post by fanniemae » Sun Dec 15, 2019 2:43 pm

I think Andrew is alright. I have met Paul Gross , very nice man, but needs to simplify his on air forecast a little bit. Brandon Roux can be entertaining and funny but he waves his hands all over the place. Makes me dizzy. I watch a lot of the newscasts on the local Metro stations and like most of these people.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Wed Dec 25, 2019 12:54 pm

fanniemae wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 2:43 pm
I think Andrew is alright. I have met Paul Gross , very nice man, but needs to simplify his on air forecast a little bit. Brandon Roux can be entertaining and funny but he waves his hands all over the place. Makes me dizzy. I watch a lot of the newscasts on the local Metro stations and like most of these people.
He also needs to quit trying to sing every sentence he says. I really can't watch his forecasts at all.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed Dec 25, 2019 10:35 pm

I thought the Santa Claus stuff was super cheesy.
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Dec 26, 2019 6:49 am

Brandon Roux cannot forecast worth a crap, either!

I'm still waiting for the "partly cloudy" Christmas Eve he promised. It was 100% overcast all day long.

JackAttack FM

Post by JackAttack FM » Sat Dec 28, 2019 7:14 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 6:49 am
Brandon Roux cannot forecast worth a crap, either!

I'm still waiting for the "partly cloudy" Christmas Eve he promised. It was 100% overcast all day long.
It seems like channel 4's forecast accuracy has not been good for awhile.
I catch a couple of the cut-ins during the first half hour of the Today show and its been rarely very accurate.
I don't know who their weather provider is or what ensemble of models they're doing but, it's not very good.

I usually switch over to 7's morning show on channel 20 by 7:30. Kevin Jeans and Halley Vogel seem to do a much more accurate forecast. More in depth too. Although Rexroth and the new kid get a little wish-washy.

The people at 2 seem to do pretty well too.

Roux's delivery is getting too schlocky too. Its like he's trying to be Bernie's best friend.

And Humphry is so full of crutch phrases like, "as you can see." Of course I can see I'm watching TV! Or everytime he mentions a temperature he's gotta say, "our friends." As in, "Its 56 for our friends in Howell, our friends in Dearborn are seeing clear skies and 55 degrees..."
I don't have friends in these places.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Dec 29, 2019 3:54 pm

Another great forecast from Andrew!

He predicted 56 degrees for Metro Detroit around 4PM today.

It's only 43 degrees at my house a few miles north of 696. :lol

The warm front has been stuck from roughly a Holland - to Hillsdale - to Toledo line all afternoon! It's 47 and foggy in Monroe yet 60 and fair at Toledo Express Airport as I'm writing this!

Marine layer advection off Lake Erie has caused the surface warm front to stall. Imagine that. Happens ALL THE TIME with this type of pattern when the ground is wet or is covered with snowpack.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic