Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Greta Thunberg

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
screen glare

Re: Greta Thunberg

Post by screen glare » Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:16 pm

The Swiss marked the disappearance of a glacier there this week with a funeral.

An entire glacier - gone.

But - nothing to see! Move along, please.

Carry on - all you high IQ climate change deniers. An entire pack of very stable geniuses. Just like their daft president, Donald!

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:00 pm

lovinlife101 wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:34 pm
Who gave this 16 year old girl a global microphone?
The United Nations, that's who.

Listen, I look at your posts with the same kind of benevolence I'd offer Otis Campbell wandering the streets of Mayberry. That of a harmless enough garden-variety village idiot, but you can piss right off saying jack about a girl who has obviously accomplished more in her 16 years of life than any half-baked comment I've seen limping out of your keyboard.

Check yourself, dipshit. I'm not a big fan of putting folks with divergent opinions in the 'ignore' vault. Not my style, but after that monumentally brain-dead comment, you're careening for a spot in the forum morgue. Capeesh?

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:48 pm

I don't doubt that man is contributing to an acceleration of increasing global temperatures. But let's call the climate change movement what it is - an anti-capitalist movement bent on weakening the United States, and the following quote from Greta, demonstrates this perfectly:
We are in the beginning of the mass extinction and all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth. How dare you?
The planet will be fine, with or without government intervention. I firmly believe that the big equalizer will come from outer space, either in the form of a massive solar flare, or less likely, in the form of a giant meteor, that sends us back to the stone age. And I believe that will happen sometime in the next 150 years. Given our increasing dependence on technology, that poses a far larger threat to humanity than does climate change, IMO.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:02 am

I admired how she put in place that arrogantly smirking republican congressman who was questioning her. He wasn’t expecting her to smash his smug face with his very own BS. Boomerang!

And a little child shall lead them.

Deleted User 4520

Post by Deleted User 4520 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:14 pm

Total douche. What does a 16 year old know!? She needs to get off her high horse and her holier than thou attitude.

Deleted User 4520

Post by Deleted User 4520 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:10 pm

If she's worried about the glaciers melting then she can go make some fucking ice cubes! It was never meant to be eternal. It does eventually melt. She and people like her seem to not think about that.

Deleted User 4520

Post by Deleted User 4520 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:55 pm

Agreed. Government is big enough as it is. I don't want them in my life than necessary. This whole climate change issue is just another way to have more government and taxation in our lives.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:17 am

Here's some accurate and enjoyable reading for those of you who can read...
Mdern-day conservatism, especially the Republican Party, functions primarily as a protection racket for the fragile egos of mediocre white men. After witnessing the right-wing reaction to Greta Thunberg, the teenage climate activist from Sweden who spoke at the United Nations this week, there can be no doubt of this. The modern-day conservative was revealed, in all his glory, as a weak-minded coward who hides behind unearned privileges, because he is incapable of handling a fair-minded debate, much less real moral accountability.
https://www.salon.com/2019/09/24/why-th ... n-retreat/

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:15 am

She's an annoying, self-righteous, extremely rude, tomboy-faced BRAT!!!

I wonder who helped prepare her speech? How is she qualified to speak on the science of climate change?

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:49 am

She deserves the same level of respect and coverage that fellow 16 year old Nick Sandmann received earlier this year.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:34 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:15 am
She's an annoying, self-righteous, extremely rude, tomboy-faced BRAT!!!

She should be working for Fox News then

I wonder who helped prepare her speech? How is she qualified to speak on the science of climate change?
She had a Swedish education so chances are she is qualified to speak intelligently about climate science. In Sweden, Big Oil isn't pushing to change curriculum and challenge the cumulative knowledge of our species when it doesn't conform to their Industry's interests.
Last edited by TC Talks on Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Deleted User 24

Post by Deleted User 24 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:02 am

It's so amusing to see the Trumplestiltskin snowflakes here triggered by an intelligent, articulate 16-year-old girl who has galvanized world attention on a problem that could destroy our planet.

Deleted User 24

Post by Deleted User 24 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:09 am

Vic Doucette wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:02 am
It's so amusing to see the Trumplestiltskin snowflakes here triggered by an intelligent, articulate 16-year-old girl who has galvanized world attention on a problem that could destroy our planet.
Especially when the address she delivered wasn't in her native language.

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:21 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:15 am
How is she qualified to speak on the science of climate change?
This is the UN we're talking about here. The only necessary qualification is that she believes man is its primary cause and that government must intervene to stop it.

Deleted User 4520

Post by Deleted User 4520 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:07 pm

Wang, dang, sweet poontang!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic