Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Catholic radio in Detroit

Miss the posts from your favorite flame artist or troll who added little to no value to the Buzzboard? Read 'em here!
Jeff Dugan

Re: Catholic radio in Detroit

Post by Jeff Dugan » Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:01 pm

I have mentioned in the past that a Catholic Radio Company called Relevant Radio is interested in a Detroit property, just recently Relevant just purchased KHJ AM 930 in L.A. and the AM 950 in Chicago for a Catholic formatted station and it would be great if they acquired a good signal AM in Detroit like AM 1130 or even the possibility of WJR. Now keep in mind this is a big company that owns these stations so money is not a problem. Personally I love the idea for Catholic Radio to be available throughout the entire metro Detroit area 24/7.

Jeff Dugan

Post by Jeff Dugan » Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:14 pm

fuzzpower wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:21 pm
WDEO Ypsilanti comes in fine. If you really want another station, prying one of Crawford’s AM stations would be better than WJR.

WCAR was indeed Catholic until Birach bought it.
WDEO is unlistenable in Northern Macomb County, I hope that Cumulus sells WJR to a Catholic Broadcaster, That would be great, As far as any of the Crawford AM’s none have a good signal even AM 1200 is garbage at night in Macomb County.

Jeff Dugan

Post by Jeff Dugan » Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:52 pm

Are you familiar with them, they are a big company and have excellent programming, if you’re interested read up on them.

Jeff Dugan

Post by Jeff Dugan » Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:37 pm

I’m with you on the music more than the talk as well, but there’s also the teaching part that most Catholic stations always in most cases include in the programming base of the format, I don’t know of any Catholic stations that are 100 percent music, the two stations you mentioned do they stream?

Jeff Dugan

Post by Jeff Dugan » Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:16 pm

Thanks, I'll check it out.

Jeff Dugan

Post by Jeff Dugan » Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:55 pm

FET-500 wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:49 pm
Didn't we learn from this the last time? FDR had to call in Joe Kennedy to get the Pope involved... Shrine of the little flower and Fr. Coughlin. Remember? It turned into a Communist cell before the Pope shut that down.
What does this have to do with Catholic Radio in Detroit FET-500?

Jeff Dugan

Post by Jeff Dugan » Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:22 pm

lovinlife101 wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:05 pm
“Coming up next on Catholic radio, it’s a Tiger Ticket Tuesday, plus R. Kelly, Michael Jackson, and a Catholic priest, that’s coming up on your Child Molester Monday.”
Child molestation is in all denominations so don’t single out the Catholic denomination and it’s also in our public schools, private schools and in your neighborhoods, it’s everywhere it could even be the person you have to watch your children while your at work. So get off this Catholic and child molestation stereotype.

Jeff Dugan

Post by Jeff Dugan » Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:58 pm

I never said everyone is doing it LL 101, but then again I forgot you’re a moron.

Jeff Dugan

Post by Jeff Dugan » Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:51 pm

Captain Rock wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:22 pm
Immaculate Heart Media/Relevant Radio just made their third recent deal with Salem to buy a total of 14 AM stations (plus some translators) for their Catholic talk programming. Relevant Radio will now have stations in 22 of the top 25 markets. When will they come to Detroit?
I have mentioned Relevant in the past maybe on this thread they could get a Detroit station and it could be an AM or FM property they’re not picky if the price is right. I would love a Catholic Station in Detroit that covers the entire region WDEO is a good station but the signal suffers on the east side. Also keep an eye on two more broadcasters Salem is a possibility and so is Family Life Radio. On the Salem deal they could do a lot of swapping. By the way Captain Thanks for the info.

Jeff Dugan

Post by Jeff Dugan » Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:02 am

How does this sound “The Patriot Voice Of The Great Lakes” WJR The Patriot 760 or “The Catholic Voice Of The Great Lakes” Relevant Radio 760 WJR.

Jeff Dugan

Post by Jeff Dugan » Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:54 pm

fuzzpower wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:57 pm
No way WJR goes Catholic.

WLQV is more likely, if Salem sells. They also have the FM translator. I have no idea how much their brokered programming and UT brings in.

Another option is one of the crappy Birach stations. He has sold pieces in the past (WSDS).
Never say never on the WJR thing, Immaculate Heart Media/ Relevant Radio has big money they’re like the IHeart of Catholic radio.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic