Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

What's Finster doing these days?

Covers all of Northern Lower Michigan (from Ludington to Tawas northward), as well as the Straits Area and Soo Region.
mud man

What's Finster doing these days?

Post by mud man » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:11 pm

Anyone have any knowledge of what Finney's up to and where?

TC Talks

Re: What's Finster doing these days?

Post by TC Talks » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:32 pm

Who?

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

northradiotruth

Post by northradiotruth » Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:08 am

Finster said he's telling everybody on Facebook tomorrow where he is going. I heard from someone that he is reuniting with Omelette in the Mornings. Black Diamond is probably his only landing spot at this point. He could go to Blarney Stone but that outfit is a mess. O-man's rating could use the boost.

ftballfan

Post by ftballfan » Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:56 am

northradiotruth wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:08 am
Finster said he's telling everybody on Facebook tomorrow where he is going. I heard from someone that he is reuniting with Omelette in the Mornings. Black Diamond is probably his only landing spot at this point. He could go to Blarney Stone but that outfit is a mess. O-man's rating could use the boost.
My guess would be The Bear. Isn't Omelette already with Black Diamond?

zzand

Post by zzand » Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:39 pm

According to FACEBOOK He will be doing mornings on WLDR starting the first day of school

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:57 pm

Is this someone who would fit well on a milquetoast AC station?

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:15 pm

He is pretty chick friendly these days. I hope that they don't run out of money as I don't hear any ads. This station could be Traverse City's version of Lite FM.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Deleted User 12047

Post by Deleted User 12047 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:34 am

https://www.facebook.com/TheFinster/vid ... 869669152/

"I know you other stations are wicked worried about what we're going to do over here..."

zzand

Post by zzand » Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:05 am

I believe the interest from other stations is much less than one may think.

northradiotruth

Post by northradiotruth » Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:03 am

Finster and his year-long facebook hype machine is a joke. I have seen his numbers when he was at the BOB. His show was tied for twelfth or thirteenth. The BOB did better in the dayparts Finster wasn't on. I assure you no competitor of WLDR is afraid of him. He goes through partners like a hot knife through butter and eventually management tires of him and off he goes. Blarney Stone's deal with him was pure desperation on both sides. Northern Michigan's infatuation with Omelette or Finster is pretty much over as evidenced by Omelette's recent dismissal from the Bear.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:35 pm

Bob reaches about 1/6 of the market, his numbers are never going to be good. But the book isn't a validating way to measure audience anyhow.

At the end of the day, people under 50 aren't listening to radio except Country, Public, or Religious. People over 50 won't change habits. In office listening has gone internet.

I wish them luck, but I haven't been optimistic for a decade.

― Noam Chomsky

ftballfan

Post by ftballfan » Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:43 pm

From experience, I've picked up the 104.5 from Eau Claire, WI (WAXX Country) more in Manistee than Bob FM!
Note: WAXX has the largest 60dBu coverage area of any station in the Great Lakes region (even larger than WBCT!)

IfWallsCouldTalk

Post by IfWallsCouldTalk » Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:17 pm

I listened a little bit this morning.... not prepared at all. He hasn't learned the board, doesn't know the music and struggled to be entertaining. You can't do good content if you're thinking about what button to push.

northradiotruth

Post by northradiotruth » Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:13 am

Agreed. Him and his partner sound awkward together. I don't think the guy knows how to read live commercial copy. All his bits seem to come right from a radio prep sheet. The state of morning radio is in worse shape than I thought if this guy gets high numbers.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:24 pm

The state of morning radio is in worse shape than I thought if this guy gets high numbers.
I'd wager that he probably ain't gonna get high numbers. :blink

It's WLDR, after all!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic