I've gotten slow & sloppy in activating new accounts lately; sorry about that! All new acct registrations in the queue as of 9/23 at 7:15a ET have been activated. Want to share your favorite Buzzboard posts with your social media page readers? Now, there's an easy way to do it! Visit this page for instructions: viewtopic.php?f=39&t=47643

(Note: hover your mouse pointer near the upper right corner of this box and click the "x" to close it.)

New Subchannels in Detroit

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: New Subchannels in Detroit

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:14 pm

62.2 will be Start TV on September 3
:barf

https://www.robertfeder.com/2018/07/19/ ... -stations/

Radio's downfall has been under-investing in its core competency and becoming distracted by delusions of grandeur by thinking development of a half-assed national digital strategy will somehow put it on par with the Facebooks and Googles of the world.

proxima3

Post by proxima3 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:46 pm

smallwonder wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:35 pm
62.2 will be Start TV on September 3.
No more Decades?

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:38 pm

My guess is both channels will be carried. One will be 62.2; the other will be 62.3.

Radio's downfall has been under-investing in its core competency and becoming distracted by delusions of grandeur by thinking development of a half-assed national digital strategy will somehow put it on par with the Facebooks and Googles of the world.

proxima3

Post by proxima3 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:29 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:38 pm
My guess is both channels will be carried. One will be 62.2; the other will be 62.3.
I hope your guess is correct. The more channels the better!

szmigiel

Post by szmigiel » Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:44 am

It is nice having Comet and Charge on 50, for me a nice strong signal with no audio and video ticks I use to put up with on WUDL. 19.7 is already just airing infomercials so it looks like Comet is gone. Both 50.2 and 50.3 have listings on TitanTV, but do not have the guide showing up on my DVR yet. Hopefully soon because I see somethings I would like to record coming up in the next two weeks on both channels.

I hope Decades doesn't disappear, but to be honest I haven't watched it that much in the recent year. I did enjoy some of the weekend binges when they began, but lately they haven't really had a show I was interested in seeing. Start is not really up my alley either, I will keep it but probably skip over it much like the ION channels. Hopefully Get TV finds a new home on a decent signal, It wouldn't be to be if WHNE could get it, but I worry when they switch to VHF Channel 3, but that is still 2 years away.

Splouge

Post by Splouge » Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:48 pm

Start is going to be replacing Decades on all CBS O&Os. My guess is that Get TV might go to WMYD 20.4 and Decades to WDIV 4.4

One time, I got WYZZ Peoria 330 miles away indoors clearly for 10 minutes on Dec 5, 2015

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:41 pm

Decades is going off the air??? Wow, that kinda sux. Hardly my favorite channel, but I liked the concept and do tune in on rare occasion.

szmigiel

Post by szmigiel » Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:04 pm

TV Guide online now has a place holder for 62.3 wwj2, 62.4 wwj3, and 62.5 wwj4 on their listing page. This is similar to before Decades launched and they had 62.2 listed with Off the Air. On the other hand they haven't listed 50.2 Comet or 50.3 Charge yet.

RingtailedFox
Location: A raccoon's nest high up in a tree in west Windsor, Ontario

Post by RingtailedFox » Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:20 pm

Decades is being replaced with Start TV on all CBS owned-and-operated stations, starting with WCBS New York, KCBS Los Angeles, and WBBM Chicago... i'm not sure why CBS is swapping it out for a clone of Escape TV, though... maybe the rights to the shows that air on Decades cost too much....

Edit: Weigel Broadcasting will be inheriting Decades in Los Angeles (KAZA-TV 54) and Chicago (likely WCIU-TV 26), but it's unknown on what will happen to Decades in areas where Weigel doesn't own a station... it could end up like Live Well (which is available only on ABC's O&O's), or it could end up like Cozi TV (formerly on NBC O&O's as NBC Nonstop before rebranding and spreading out to other stations)... we'll just have to wait and see.

~ The Legendary Raccoon-Fox has spoken!

windsor

Post by windsor » Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:04 am

I think Decades has run its coarse, the weekend binges were quite fun on certain shows.

If Decades does return to the D ota it will probably end up on a LP like WHNE or WUDL.

I reallly thought GetTV would be picked up on WHNE when SonLife was off air for about a week.Maybe something fell through.Time will tell.

Cord cutting is really heating up in Windsor as nearly every house here in east Windsor has an outside antenna up.Without being an net provider I think Cogeco would be really hurting in this area as folks are cancelling the over priced crappy cable offerings here in kanuckistan.

Dave Rexroth: Detroit's NEW #1 for the Most Accurate Weather

billmich

Post by billmich » Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:09 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:41 pm
Decades is going off the air??? Wow, that kinda sux. Hardly my favorite channel, but I liked the concept and do tune in on rare occasion.
I am a big fan of the "through the decades" program at 7 pm

LouPerry

Post by LouPerry » Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:12 pm

Thanks forlettig me know.

blizzard

Post by blizzard » Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:12 am

Start TV is supposed to be a ladies channel. :hat

chromacolor2

Post by chromacolor2 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:57 am

As submitted this morning to WKBD, subject Comet and Charge:

--------------

To Whom It May Concern,

First of all, thank you for adding them. I haven't had a reason to stop at Channel 50 since the days of the 8 o'clock movie. However, could you please get the programing and description guides working (as they do on 50.1)? It's just not realistic to think I'm going to pick up my phone or tablet to see what's on at the moment. I know it would increase your audience to get that function working.

Thank you again for increasing our viewing choices.

proxima3

Post by proxima3 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:45 pm

chromacolor2 wrote:
Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:57 am
As submitted this morning to WKBD, subject Comet and Charge:

--------------

To Whom It May Concern,

First of all, thank you for adding them. I haven't had a reason to stop at Channel 50 since the days of the 8 o'clock movie. However, could you please get the programing and description guides working (as they do on 50.1)? It's just not realistic to think I'm going to pick up my phone or tablet to see what's on at the moment. I know it would increase your audience to get that function working.

Thank you again for increasing our viewing choices.
I was thinking the same thing. At least there is a place holder for the schedule. Maybe they still need a little time to work out the kinks?

szmigiel

Post by szmigiel » Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:47 pm

Hard to use the DVR if the entire schedule is always blank. I really didn't think it would take this long to get guide up and going.

SolarMax

Post by SolarMax » Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:46 pm

I'm not sure that Sinclair is feeding any EPG metadata with Comet and Charge. There was none with Comet on 19.7 either.
I usually just pull up comettv.com Schedule page to see what's on.
I wish they would at least drop in a lower third from time to time, like in and out from breaks, identifying the show that's on.

WOHO

Post by WOHO » Sat Jul 28, 2018 1:31 am

Isn't there a "Decades TV" subchannel for CBS stations like 62? Wish to hell WTOL would air it? Used to get 2 analog, but 2 HDTV is garbage signal in comparison.

proxima3

Post by proxima3 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 1:58 am

SolarMax wrote:
Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:46 pm
I'm not sure that Sinclair is feeding any EPG metadata with Comet and Charge. There was none with Comet on 19.7 either.
I usually just pull up comettv.com Schedule page to see what's on.
I wish they would at least drop in a lower third from time to time, like in and out from breaks, identifying the show that's on.
Accoring to Wikipedia "None of WUDL's subchannels transmit electronic program guide (EPG) information"

That is one of the things that annoys me about Comet. They never seem to want to tell you what is currently on or what is coming up next.

szmigiel

Post by szmigiel » Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:21 am

If a station transmits EPG it is a 2 day guide. My Channel Master DVR still got the program guide for two weeks for Comet when it was 19.7, the guide is still showing for 19.7 even though they are not playing Comet anymore. Channel Master use to get the 14 day guide from Rovi, but they switched to their own service awhile back, so I am guessing they need to update their servers to start showing those channels. TitanTV has the two channels added to their guide, but TV Guide does not yet. I am guessing the paperwork of the sub-channels begin added is still making it's way around to all the services.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic