Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Actual Trump Tweet

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Shuts Up

Actual Trump Tweet

Post by TC Shuts Up » Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:10 am

What Trump ACTUALLY tweeted:

"So interesting to see "Progressive" Democrat Congresswomen, who originally came here from countries whose governments are a complete and total catastrophe, the worst, most corrupt and inept anywhere into the world (if they even have a functioning government at all),now loudly and viciously telling the people of the United States, the greatest and most powerful Nation on earth, how our government is to be run. Why don't they go back and HELP fix the totally broken and crime infested places from which they came. Then come on back and show us. how it is done, These places need your help badly, you can't leave fast enough, I'm sure that Nancy Pelosi would be very happy to quickly work out free travel arrangements!"

Disagreeing with Communists is NOT an impeachable offense.

Never eat Sushi past its expiration date.

Those who refuse to drain the swamp are doomed to drown in it.

Y M Ionhere

Re: Actual Trump Tweet

Post by Y M Ionhere » Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:02 am

Written as a plural, but clearly meant to imply Omar, who i am yet to hear condemn Al Quaida, Hamas, Hezbollah, etc.
But she condemns Jews.

I dont have a problem with Jews. They dont commit beheadings or leave nail bombs in the streets of Boston. She will have a hard time getting sympathy from me.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:13 am

The fact that there is a difference between racism and nationalism seems to be lost on some.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:51 am

Y M Ionhere -

We all saw All the racist tweets and double downs.

“Love it or leave it.”

“Why don’t you go back to (name a country) where you came from.”

These are the same old RACIST tropes I’ve been aware of since I was kid in the 1950’s with Japanese-American students in my elementary school. And Mexican-American students in my elementary school. And Chinese-American students in my elementary school.

I heard this racist fear and hatred spewed my entire childhood. Not publicly from Presidents Eisenhower, Kennedy, Johnson, Nixon, Ford, Carter, Reagan, Bush, Clinton, Bush 2, Obama. Only fearful, threatened, cowardly, hateful, unfit Trump publicly bellows his mentally ill-driven ideas to Make America White Again.

BTW - I was being indoctrinated in childhood with these racist tropes in my very own house by listening to my father and grandfather and uncle. Except they included the words Japs, wetbacks, Chinks, and in my uncle’s case - who lived in a different town - the N word.

Thank God I learned from my school teachers, and later in my young adult working life that these racist-targeted and brutally insulted Americans ARE Americans. Just like me and all Americans who - except for Native Americans - are from immigrant families into this country.

You either revere the statement of courageous patriotism inscribed on our Statue of Liberty, or you cowardly cling to your fearful hateful racism.

Grab your Tiki torches, hate mongering Trump supporters. Your racist march continues.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:01 am

And Bryce - a conversation with any American who identifies as a White Nationalist reveals he or she is also an unpatriotic, cowardly, dangerous racist.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:11 am

I thought there was loose reference to a Banana republic, like Venezuela, when I first read it.

AOC has Puerto Rican parents, so that is not quite it.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:17 am

screen glare wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:01 am
And Bryce - a conversation with any American who identifies as a White Nationalist reveals he or she is also an unpatriotic, cowardly, dangerous racist.
Umm, where did I use the word white?

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

TC Shuts Up

Post by TC Shuts Up » Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:03 am

I agree that he should have worded it better so that it was not subject to such hate by the Left. Obviously he meant the ancestral country. But if many of you are willing to call Detroit, Flint, Saginaw and other nearby state cities "Hellholes", then certainly a lot of those third world countries and territories are "Hellholes" also. And worse.

Disagreeing with Communists is NOT an impeachable offense.

Never eat Sushi past its expiration date.

Those who refuse to drain the swamp are doomed to drown in it.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:05 pm

From the Chicago Tribune
Column: We don’t hate America, Donald Trump. What we hate is the mess you’ve created.

Donald Trump has come to the conclusion that many Americans hate their country. That could not be further from the truth.

Most of us love America. What we hate is that the president has taken it into the gutter. In other words, Donald Trump, the problem isn’t the “Free, Beautiful and Very Successful” country you spoke about in a tweet Tuesday morning. The problem with America is you.

Trump’s latest tweet telling Americans, “If you hate our Country or if you are not happy here, you can leave!” is yet another sign that he is out of touch with most of the country. It has exposed once again the mental cocoon in which he lives, sheltered from the truth.

Americans don’t hate America. What they hate is that Trump is the president.

The things that make us unhappy about America right now are directly related to Trump. He is the reason thousands of people across the country took to the streets in protest over the weekend after he promised to send federal agents into neighborhoods looking for immigrants to deport.

He is the reason we lay restlessly in bed at night, thinking about innocent children held in deplorable conditions at detention centers along our southern border.

He is the architect of this brutal ideological battle in America that cannot possibly result in a winner. Trump’s overt actions to normalize bigotry and racism have forced us to choose sides and retreat to the corners where other like-minded people reside. He has opened the floodgates of racial discord, ripped out all channels of communication and left us to figure out how to deal with it on our own.

Trump has led us on a deliberate march to a dark and dreary place, where it is hard to see a glimpse of the light far off in the distance. But we know that we eventually will be delivered from this agony — because in America, resilience is part of our historical fabric.

Americans have long been resigned to the fact that our country is imperfect. There has always been a lot to love about it, as well as a lot to hate. African Americans, in particular, are descendants of men and women who suffered some of the most egregious evils imaginable under the shelter of a misguided democracy. Our ancestors’ blood runs through our veins, and at times the ancestral pain strikes so deep that we scream out in pain. But black people’s stake in America’s success is no greater than anyone else’s.

From the Scots, Irish and Germans who came to Chicago in the late 1800s to work in the steel mills to the Mexicans who worked in chicken factories in Georgia while encouraging their children to dream of a life much better than that, we are all the same.

This kinship is the seamless connection that binds Americans with one another, and it is why Trump’s insensitive tweet reaches to our core and reinforces our commitment to fight for this nation that belongs to us. Trump is a threat to all of us.

According to a Gallup Poll taken last month, 66 percent of Americans are dissatisfied with the way things are going in the United States. Only 32 percent are satisfied.

If everyone who is unhappy about the path America is on decided to take Trump’s advice to leave, we would be forfeiting our future to people who think like him. We would be turning our country over to a bunch of haters, of bigots and racists.

We would be leaving America in the care of those who would ultimately destroy our “free, beautiful and very successful” home.

What Trump does not understand is that most Americans are not like him at all. We don’t hate the way he hates. We don’t believe that immigrants are a burden on society that can be disposed of on a whim.

We don’t look at people whose skin, religion or ethnic background is different from ours and see them as outsiders. We see contributors to the cultural diversity of our great nation, people with the same values as ours, who want to live in a country that is free, beautiful and very successful. They mirror exactly who we are.

The sheer absurdity of Trump’s tweet sent the strongest signal yet that he has no comprehension of what it means to be a real American. He doesn’t understand how resilient Americans are, how accustomed we are to taking the good with the bad.

He doesn’t realize just how much we care about this country. He doesn’t understand that we criticize it often because we know it has the potential to be better tomorrow than it was yesterday.

So no, Donald Trump, Americans who dislike you and hate the way you are defacing our beautiful country aren’t going anywhere. We plan to stay right where we belong and force you and those who share your warped values to either leave or find a place to hide.
https://www.chicagotribune.com/columns/ ... story.html

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

bmw

Post by bmw » Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:59 pm

Bryce wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:13 am
The fact that there is a difference between racism and nationalism seems to be lost on some.
I'm still trying to figure out if most of those screaming racism really believe what they're saying or it they're just doing it to change the subject from that of Trump taking pride in his country and calling out those who he believes don't to making the subject about race.

Speaking of which....to those screaming racism: *** yawn ***

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:04 pm

Stop sign, bmw. Slam on the brakes. Back up, buddy.
Let’s consider your premise that Donald Trump takes pride in his country, or has “love” for his country.

Not!

He takes pride in and has love of only one entity. Donald Trump.

Why?

First and unchangeable - because he has a mental illness (NPD) that makes impossible normal human feelings of empathy, sympathy for others, compassion toward others, love.

Second - he detests anything and everything for which The United States of America stands. Our Constitution - including The Bill of Rights. American values. America’s land and water ways. America’s ethnic and racial diversity. American heroism. American ideals. American self sacrifice. Etc. Etc. Etc.

Do not forget Trump’s refused five opportunities to answer his country’s call into the US military. Remember and be revolted by his anti-George Washington way of telling lies - upon lies. His treasonous embrace of this country’s international enemies. His disdain for other’s children, and for animals. Etc. Etc. Etc.

The entire list is MUCH longer, bmw. As you and I and the entire world knows.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic