I've gotten slow & sloppy in activating new accounts lately; sorry about that! All new acct registrations in the queue as of 9/23 at 7:15a ET have been activated. Want to share your favorite Buzzboard posts with your social media page readers? Now, there's an easy way to do it! Visit this page for instructions: viewtopic.php?f=39&t=47643

(Note: hover your mouse pointer near the upper right corner of this box and click the "x" to close it.)

Valenti's commode mouth.

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
handsomebradybreaker

Valenti's commode mouth.

Post by handsomebradybreaker » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:25 am

I may be beating a dead horse ( no,I'm NOT an animal abuser ) ,but yesterday at about four (maybe it was somewhat earlier ) ,our lad the Studio Gangsta made a crack about producer/minion Mike Sullivan's having a specific STD due to his randiness . I'm no prude,and often work blue with my buddies,but seriously,does this sort of disgusting remark belong at afternoon drive time ? I guess kids are on vacation, but they could still be in the car while Dad's listening to 97.1 ,and poor Pop likely is blushing hoping little Johnny (or Mary) doesn't ask exactly that disease's nature . Do you think the station got listener feedback,and will tell Valenti to somewhat modify his remarks to reflect his show's time slot ? (Of course,he went back to slamming Wojo for his lack of decisiveness ,which he does at slow periods of the show,though Big,Not-So- Bad Bob's columns ARE often a bit washy-washy )

In The Bleachers

Only the Lonely

Post by In The Bleachers » Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:47 pm

Good to find out someone is listening to 97.1.

Nothing will change until ALL incumbents are voted out of office.

sfpcc

Re: Valenti's commode mouth.

Post by sfpcc » Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:56 pm

I stopped about six months ago.

handsomebradybreaker

Post by handsomebradybreaker » Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:26 pm

Maybe Valenti's blue language is turning off quite a few folks save the "bros " who are likely most of his fan base .

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:51 pm

Was the STD comment supposed to be a joke?

Claymed

Post by Claymed » Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:22 pm

Geez, what a load of crap, get over your man hate for Valenti. Have you not listened to any other shows on the station? Stoney and Jamie have incorporated more sexual and drug innuendo into their morning show lately. Karsch and Anderson have been doing it for ages and Bogie and Wojo are way worse offenders.

handsomebradybreaker

Post by handsomebradybreaker » Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:18 am

Many moons ago,people called talk shows as adolesecents, which rarely happens today because of the rather salacious topics and language which dominate today's airwaves .

handsomebradybreaker

Post by handsomebradybreaker » Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:21 am

I don't think STDs an appropriate humour bit, since you Yanks have an estimated 120,000,000 such diseases , or more than one in three Americans, not to mention the health and other costs pursuant to these conditions.

JackAttack FM

Post by JackAttack FM » Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:52 am

handsomeb., No offence but, your OP makes me think this was like the first time you ever listened to Valenti's show. His talk about Terry Foster's alleged prowess went on for years and was above and beyond his ribbing of Sullivan.

If a parent has that station on with kids in the car during the talk shows, that's poor parenting.

I usually never have that station on, except for Tiger games, with anyone else in earshot.

BTW, Howard Stern became the #1 radio personality in the largest market in the country with talk that makes Valenti sound devout.

windsor

Post by windsor » Sat Jun 30, 2018 12:25 pm

Valenti's really the only thing the station has going for it.With the Tigers,Wings& Pistons in the crapper Lions are our only hope, have to wait till around preseason to listen to the ticket again for myself the other drivel isnt worth punching the FM button......

Dave Rexroth: Detroit's NEW #1 for the Most Accurate Weather

handsomebradybreaker

Post by handsomebradybreaker » Sat Jun 30, 2018 4:30 pm

JackAttack,there are LOTS of poor parenting examples today,some I see every day here in " The Rose City. " Valenti DID talk a lot about Foster's alleged stud qualities,making me wonder if he is connecting at home .
A prime example of horrid parenting is plopping a kid in front of a TV and expecting some jock to be said child's moral governor,replacing Mom and Dad (who in the latter case, is all-too-often absent or unattentive . )

handsomebradybreaker

Post by handsomebradybreaker » Sat Jun 30, 2018 4:31 pm

And Stern has basically disappeared into non-existence with his Sirius XM turn .

JackAttack FM

Post by JackAttack FM » Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:31 am

Right... Stern "disappeared" into that $90 million a year salary on SiriusXM.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic