Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Competitive Eating

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
sfpcc

Competitive Eating

Post by sfpcc » Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:01 am

Do you consider Competitive eating a sport? I used to think no but now I'm not sure? ESPN does since Joey Chestnut is all over its coverage. He won the fourth of July Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Contest yesterday but did not break his record.

fuzzpower

Re: Competitive Eating

Post by fuzzpower » Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:54 am

Nope, not at all. For the record, NASCAR is not a sport either.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:10 pm

sfpcc wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:01 am
Do you consider Competitive eating a sport? I used to think no but now I'm not sure? ESPN does since Joey Chestnut is all over its coverage. He won the fourth of July Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Contest yesterday but did not break his record.

Don't be surprised if it ends up becoming an Olympic event. The Olympics are so desperate for TV ratings they'll include just about anything that might attract a TV audience.

Break Dancing has been proposed as a sporting event for the 2024 Olympics.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/21/sport/br ... index.html

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:17 pm

Our pals over at Deadspin asked roughly the same question. General consensus was if it's something your dog is able to do (Wow Jim, look at Rover go!!!. What is that about 15 hot dogs in 30 seconds? Chestnut has some catching up to do...) it's probably not a sport.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic