Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

737 Max Jets. Take a seat?

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
FET-500

Re: 737 Max Jets. Take a seat?

Post by FET-500 » Fri May 03, 2019 12:16 pm

Old people who don't know shit about aircraft on any level... That should be the name of this thread.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Sat May 04, 2019 1:03 am

I nominate you, young smart ass FET-500 to be first to hop aboard this aircraft when it’s finally OKed to - again - try to reach cruising altitude without its basic design flaw causing an incident - namely the plane reacting to the design flaw by its nose rising too high - precipitating a stall.

Yeah. Sit your butt down, buckle up, and wait for the new and improved “fixes” to all coordinate and operate correctly to prevent a crash. And rest assured the infamous Tombstone Agency and its bed mate Boeing have both done their best to make sure you reach your destination safely.

Because they really care about you, kid. On them you can rely!

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sat May 04, 2019 5:53 am

I should change my name to LDMOS-500. In the meantime read this EE Times article:

https://www.eetimes.com/document.asp?do ... e_number=1

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Sun May 05, 2019 5:50 pm

Well written EE Times piece, audiophile. I hope most folks understand there is a basic, deadly design flaw - and refuse to ever take a seat on this expensive POS. Because the unethical managers at Boeing as well as those who lead The Tombstone Agency (FAA) will do everything in their power to make sure you and all (except their kids) buy a ticket to ride.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Tue May 07, 2019 12:57 pm

So they should spend billions and billions and take a decade or so and come up with functionally the same exact design?? That makes no sense. The 737 is a proven design and fits a specific segment of the market. Not unsafe in any measure.

The EE article is BS. The comment "The only way the system could be overridden was by hitting a circuit breaker " is completely false. There are two switches between the pilots that EITHER pilot could activate that would disable MCAS. These are the same switches that have been around since the early 737s and have the same procedures. They should be used for ANY unintended activation of trim.

I'd get on the first plane when they start flying them again, but I want a real pilot and not a couple newbies from 3rd world countries. They've had thousands and thousands of flights on the MAX series without incident.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue May 07, 2019 1:09 pm

Someone nailed it...
Old people who don't know shit about aircraft on any level... That should be the name of this thread.
Armchair Tool wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 12:57 pm
The EE article is BS. The comment "The only way the system could be overridden was by hitting a circuit breaker " is completely false. There are two switches between the pilots that EITHER pilot could activate that would disable MCAS. These are the same switches that have been around since the early 737s and have the same procedures. They should be used for ANY unintended activation of trim.

I'd get on the first plane when they start flying them again, but I want a real pilot and not a couple newbies from 3rd world countries. They've had thousands and thousands of flights on the MAX series without incident.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Wed May 08, 2019 7:19 am

km1125 - watch the 60 Minutes investigation into this Boeing/FAA deadly scandalous situation. Although you berate and fault the dead pilots of the two crashed planes (“I want a real pilot and not a couple newbies from 3rd world countries”) I’ll instead pay attention to the veteran American Airlines pilot featured in the 60 Minutes story. I’ll also heed the entire fact pattern of the Boeing/FAA decisions - which form the foundation and super structure of this “money over safety” American government/American industry FUBAR design disaster.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:17 pm

Things just got a whole lot more interesting. Apparently the GE facility that builds the engines was told absolutely no more overtime work. (They've been running a ton of it supplying MAX engines to Boeing) and the jaw-dropper, Boeing is 90-days past due payment on $500M worth of previous work. :eek

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:12 pm

Source?

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:44 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:12 pm
Source?
You'll have to trust me that it's a credible source attending an all-hands meeting at one of their engine plants within the last 24 hours.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:18 pm

I see Boeing is apologizing to the public.
That’s neither here nor there.
The only thing the public has to decide is: are we buying tickets to fly on the company’s 737 Max design-flawed debacle?

I’m not. Ever.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:43 pm

Apparently the Boeing brass are considering following Trump's advice and believe re-branding is the answer to their problems:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/rachelsand ... 2f993c1837

I may be a simple caveman but a name change won't make the aircraft anymore fit to fly, but we seem to be living in a time where making choices that go against your best interests are the order of the day. Welcome aboard suckers, hope your life insurance is paid up.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:27 pm

Looks like even Sully had problems controlling this aircraft in a simulator

https://kdvr.com/2019/06/19/sully-sulle ... imulation/

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:57 pm

You had better memorize the look of that damn plane. Because you won’t know what you are actually headed down a jetway to board until you see out the terminal’s window that the plane parked at your gate is a 737 Max!

Asking when you book your ticket won’t do because an airline can switch planes at the last minute for all sorts of reasons.

Best practice? Select a carrier (such as Delta) that does not have those planes in its fleet. Then you’re OK.

Surely the companies know a lot of folks won’t fly the Max - and are going to offer incentives to encourage you to change your mind - and risk your life.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:35 am

If the 737 Max is allowed back in service - make Trump’s kids and grand children have to fly on them everywhere - throughout his remaining years as president. Maybe then he’ll think twice about praising the rebranded, design-flawed crashing death trap.

Welcome aboard, Ivanka and your kids. Enjoy your flight as the crew and computer software struggle to keep your plane in the air. And don’t worry if it drops and recovers several times. That’s normal for this plane. Just worry about the final dive.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic