All new acct registrations in the queue as of 6/16 at 8:10a ET have been activated. Want to share your favorite Buzzboard posts with your social media page readers? Now, there's an easy way to do it! Visit this page for instructions: viewtopic.php?f=39&t=47643

(Note: hover your mouse pointer near the upper right corner of this box and click the "x" to close it.)

Kirk Gibson. tiger tv broadcasts

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
80ssports

Re: Kirk Gibson. tiger tv broadcasts

Post by 80ssports » Sun May 27, 2018 11:58 pm

Totally agree radiofan. I believe some just want to be entertained or told a good story like when mommy would tuck you in at night and read a good story. Gibby has great baseball knowledge, some like extra ketchup

Willie108

Post by Willie108 » Mon May 28, 2018 7:59 am

What I can't stand is the non-stop BS between innings, like yesterday with John (I'm in love with my voice) Keating and Rod (I got 3 at bats in 1984) Allen.

Goldsworth

Post by Goldsworth » Mon May 28, 2018 8:22 am

80ssports wrote:
Sun May 27, 2018 11:58 pm
Totally agree radiofan. I believe some just want to be entertained or told a good story like when mommy would tuck you in at night and read a good story. Gibby has great baseball knowledge, some like extra ketchup
[/quote

OkI get it “Ain’t nobody gonna criticize my Gibby Hes my man crush and I like him just fine” Well look just because someone was a star in their sport doesn’t make them a professional broadcaster or even a coach or manager.
Last edited by Goldsworth on Mon May 28, 2018 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

handsomebradybreaker

Post by handsomebradybreaker » Mon May 28, 2018 9:23 am

Happy 61st birthday,Gibby!!!!!!(And his MSU coach and former Lions coach Darryl Rogers,is 83.)

D.j.m.

Post by D.j.m. » Mon May 28, 2018 4:35 pm

For everyone saying Gibson should get a pass because of his battle with Parkinson's Disease.

Why is there thread that has been going on for years about how much this forum hates Jim Price?

handsomebradybreaker

Post by handsomebradybreaker » Mon May 28, 2018 5:34 pm

d.j.m., a pass because of Gibby's Parkinson's Disease ? From whom ?

80ssports

Post by 80ssports » Wed May 30, 2018 8:12 am

Goldsworth wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 8:22 am
80ssports wrote:
Sun May 27, 2018 11:58 pm
[/quote

OkI get it “Ain’t nobody gonna criticize my Gibby Hes my man crush and I like him just fine” Well look just because someone was a star in their sport doesn’t make them a professional broadcaster or even a coach or manager.
Yeah I get it too. You just want the good story from mommy and the need to be entertained.

fuzzpower

Post by fuzzpower » Wed May 30, 2018 5:06 pm

Rod Allen is awful. He’s more a clown with zero baseball knowledge. Gibson has the knowledge but sounds terrible. Craig Monroe is also bad and should not be on during the game. I remember his belt stealing incident more than his actual career.

Andy Sipowicz

Post by Andy Sipowicz » Wed May 30, 2018 5:30 pm

D.j.m. wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 4:35 pm
For everyone saying Gibson should get a pass because of his battle with Parkinson's Disease.

Why is there thread that has been going on for years about how much this forum hates Jim Price?
Because Price says the same mindless shit every game. "Wow ... boy oh boy ... his arsenal ... the art of pitching ... absolutely ... wow ... boy oh boy ... the art of pitching ... Al Kaline ... his arsenal ... batting thurrrrd ... wow! ... boy oh boy ... Al Kaline ,.. " He adds NOTHING to the broadcast. Gibson adds some insight. He just sounds like he doesn't have a pulse.

handsomebradybreaker

Post by handsomebradybreaker » Wed May 30, 2018 6:28 pm

If Gibson were the Tigers' radio analyst,he'd strangle Dickerson every time he alluded to an unassisted double play with more than one fielder involved!

handsomebradybreaker

Post by handsomebradybreaker » Wed May 30, 2018 6:30 pm

Sipowicz,you and I,who've never really played baseball,would do a better job analyzing the game than ol' Jimbo!!!!!!

Andy Sipowicz

Post by Andy Sipowicz » Thu May 31, 2018 12:44 am

handsomebradybreaker wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 6:30 pm
Sipowicz,you and I,who've never really played baseball,would do a better job analyzing the game than ol' Jimbo!!!!!!
Wow! You think we'd be good at the art of announcing? Boy oh boy!

handsomebradybreaker

Post by handsomebradybreaker » Thu May 31, 2018 9:51 am

Sipowicz,just listen to these execrable voices on radio,whether broadcasting,even on sports talk radio.(We wouldn't be better than razor-blade-voiced Scott Farrall,slobber boy Pete Nanos,or horrible Tazz and the Moose? )

radiofan

Post by radiofan » Thu May 31, 2018 9:46 pm

Sip is right . Nope, you wouldn't. But, hey, feel free to entertain your fantasy. It's what dreams are made of.

handsomebradybreaker

Post by handsomebradybreaker » Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:35 am

radiofan,at least I'm considered fairly articulate,and don't slobber or mis-pronounce words (see : Michael Gennaro Valenti,among others),so I don't believe I'm fantasizing when I say I'd have likely been an at least competent announcer .

D.j.m.

Post by D.j.m. » Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:16 pm

Andy Sipowicz wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 5:30 pm
He just sounds like he doesn't have a pulse.
But apparently, some people on this board seem to enjoy having an almost-robotic tone. The "i-hate-fun" crowd.

fuzzpower wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 5:06 pm
Rod Allen is awful. He’s more a clown with zero baseball knowledge. Gibson has the knowledge but sounds terrible. Craig Monroe is also bad and should not be on during the game. I remember his belt stealing incident more than his actual career.
Hmm. You dislike Rod Allen and Craig Monroe. Hmm. Weird.

fuzzpower

Post by fuzzpower » Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:21 am

Rod Allen adds nothing to the broadcasts. All he does is say his stupid catchphrases and joke around. He provides no analysis and never criticizes. Craig Monroe adds nothing either, and again, is a thief.

handsomebradybreaker

Post by handsomebradybreaker » Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:33 am

fuzzpower,Allen seemingly plays up his '84 cameo to pull in viewers . (Why don't they put 85-year-old Lenny Green a native Detroiter,on the broadcasts ? He was a '68 Tiger for THREE GAMES,about the number Allen played for the '84 Bengals !!! )

riggs

Post by riggs » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:46 pm

Goldsworth wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 3:42 pm
Please don’t misunderstand my criticism it’s not about rah rah rah it’s about some lively inflection and delivery. Ernie Harwell fit the bill, George Kell fit the bill, Kirk Gibson does not he needs some coaching and training to get better....until then he is dull and boring.
Are you aware of what Parkinson's medications do to someone? It drains every bit of their energy and makes doing ordinary tasks very difficult. You know that feeling the next day after you took NyQuil? It's like that only 10 times worse. I give him credit for soldiering on. He was never Mr. Excitement but if you listen to him in the past (find some tapes from before he became a manager) and now - you absolutely notice a difference in the energy level. If not for the Parkinson's, he'd have been hired to manage the Tigers after Brad's 2015 disaster.

Sidney sit down, relax, have a sandwich, drink a glass of milk, do some fucking thing

tivoking

Post by tivoking » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:52 pm

I never liked Gibson from day one as a Tiger's analyst. Same with his show 20 years ago with Zaret and Danielson.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic