All new acct registrations in the queue as of 8/11 at 9:00a ET have been activated. Want to share your favorite Buzzboard posts with your social media page readers? Now, there's an easy way to do it! Visit this page for instructions: viewtopic.php?f=39&t=47643

(Note: hover your mouse pointer near the upper right corner of this box and click the "x" to close it.)

Michael Sullivan becoming young Valenti ?

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
handsomebradybreaker

Michael Sullivan becoming young Valenti ?

Post by handsomebradybreaker » Wed May 23, 2018 9:38 am

Is it just me,or is Valenti Show producer Michael Sullivan trying to emulate the studio gangsta with his increasing arrogance and obnoxiousness ? Maybe Sully believes if you can't beat 'em,imitate 'em.

D.j.m.

Re: Michael Sullivan becoming young Valenti ?

Post by D.j.m. » Thu May 24, 2018 5:33 pm

Is "the next Valenti" the catch-all for every guy at 97.1 that's under the age of 30?

Andy Sipowicz

Post by Andy Sipowicz » Fri May 25, 2018 6:04 pm

Got in the car today and 97.1 was on. I changed it after about 30 seconds when Valenti started going on about "Sully" being mean to a caller and mean to his girlfriend and being in a bad mood. Who the fuck cares? Jesus, this is a sports station, not a place to give updates about his lame producer.

No wonder ratings are going down. This station gets worse by the day but at least the other hosts aren't total ass hats like Motor Mouth Mikey and his band of stooges. It's strange that when I travel and listen to sports radio, the hosts talk about, you know, SPORTS rather than themselves.

radiofan

Post by radiofan » Fri May 25, 2018 9:35 pm

I don't even bother switching to Valenti's show when ads are on other stations anymore. It's just not even worth the effort. He's just a useless little prick. I can only wish that some dumb fuck program director in another town decides Mikey is just what his station needs and makes him an offer he can't refuse.

Claymed

Post by Claymed » Wed May 30, 2018 1:34 pm

Sullivan is a toady, but I think Bogey is way worse - Doesn't seem to do any prep on the show and can't stand it when he gets called out by listeners. Would love to see him go as well as Riger, who's basic show prep is to disagree with whoever he is paired with.

handsomebradybreaker

Post by handsomebradybreaker » Thu May 31, 2018 10:25 am

Maybe Sullivan and Valenti can go at it one day,and the loser would leave The Ticket.(Or join Big Drew and Jim.) By the way,who'd win a fight between Valenti and Sullivan ? (As an African Canadian,I have no kin in this game,but don't the Irish-Sullivan and the Italians-Valenti- have something of a dislike between them ?)

handsomebradybreaker

Post by handsomebradybreaker » Thu May 31, 2018 11:37 am

Claymed,Sullivan is a stooge because Valenti fired Jim Barnett (I think the fellow's name is Barnett ) for not kowtowing to His Majesty .

J-Ten

Post by J-Ten » Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:15 pm

handsomebradybreaker wrote:
Thu May 31, 2018 11:37 am
Claymed,Sullivan is a stooge because Valenti fired Jim Barnett (I think the fellow's name is Barnett ) for not kowtowing to His Majesty .
Bentley

handsomebradybreaker

Post by handsomebradybreaker » Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:13 pm

Thanks,J-Ten !!!

tivoking

Post by tivoking » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:12 pm

There's so many podcasts without commercials and the ones with, you can skip if you wanted. I'm not sure when BS'ing with ya boys became a high paying job or a job at all for that matter, but it needs to end, now.

handsomebradybreaker

Post by handsomebradybreaker » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:53 pm

tivoking ,that's what passes for radio just over 18 months before 2020 !!!!

tivoking

Post by tivoking » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:35 am

That's why local radio and TV networks across the nation are getting rid of all of the high salaried employees. With lower viewers and listeners, advertisers and employers finally realized that reading a teleprompter or just having conversations with your friends is not worth hundreds of thousands a year. They could've continued to employ those people and cut costs in other departments. Some people were making a million or more at one point in the Detroit area, in evening TV news and morning radio.

handsomebradybreaker

Post by handsomebradybreaker » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:13 am

Yeah, tivoking ,but it contributes to America's further dumbing-down .

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic