Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Mueller Speaks! Contradicts Barr. Hands ball to Congress

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Talks

Re: Mueller Speaks! Contradicts Barr. Hands ball to Congress

Post by TC Talks » Thu May 30, 2019 3:16 pm

If we need to look at history, Trump's have been using unsecured private email servers during the entire time he has been in office...

Let's just see how Congress will handle Trump's criminal enterprise and his admission that he received Russia's help to get elected. They certainly qualify for High Crimes.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Fri May 31, 2019 9:58 am

I’ve seen and heard this bullheaded, “damn the evidence” no matter what - attack the investigator’s credibility - talk - before. It happened when I was a kid. From my Republican parents. And I had no interest in considering that they could be dead wrong.

All through the Watergate scandal - even when the tapes were discovered - even through The Saturday Night Massacre - and Nixon finally resigning - my folks kept on vehemently defending the President for whom they had voted, and for whom they had unswerving loyalty.

And even to this day my mother (dad’s died) still states the ultimate defensive line: “He didn’t do anything apart from what other presidents did - he just got caught! And the damn Kennedy-loving liberal eastern press was out to get him.” She and my father specifically hated CBS network news.

So I’m not surprised when I see fact checking ignored, copious lies each day from the president and his yes men/women being believed, hundreds of contacts with Russia ignored as coincidence, guys now in prison meaning nothing, the most corrupt cabinet ever, and RobertMueller’s lifelong reputation now being desperately discredited by Fox news, Rush, almost all Republicans in Congress, as well as our heroic security agencies
and patriotic agents being slandered, and their gathered information cast aside in favor of Trump’s puppet master Putin’s
indignant denials.

Let’s see those Trump tax returns, and give Congress the FULL unreacted Mueller Report evidence. The reason Amash is gaining traction is because he’s reading from that evidence at his town halls - while most in Congress haven’t even read one page of the report. And it’s their job to do so!
Last edited by screen glare on Fri May 31, 2019 12:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.

FET-500

Post by FET-500 » Fri May 31, 2019 12:21 pm

screen glare wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 9:58 am
I’ve seen and heard this bullheaded, “damn the evidence” no matter what -

And even to this day my mother (dad’s died) still states the ultimate defensive line: “He didn’t do anything apart from what other presidents did - he just got caught!

Your mother was correct. Nixon's crimes in office, were nothing to Johnson. Nixon's crimes took place in a meeting with the wife of Clair Chenault and resulted in thousands of additional deaths in Vietnam. I don't think you fellows really have much of a comprehensive knowledge of much of anything. Is this just a shitty troll on your part? Tell me you're really just playing possum

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Fri May 31, 2019 12:49 pm

Oh yeah. Johnson had his faults. And that woman and the Vietnam War were a Nixon criminal scandal, too. But my mom and dad didn’t move into the weeds much. Just digested TV news - the great loud headline service. Neither attended college. Never saw them read a book. Both hard working. And always imagined their political party forever keeping in line with General/President Ike. Both mom and dad were heavy duty pro-military, and military service. Ike was one of their idols. I don’t think his later warning about the military-industrial complex meant much to them - even if they’d caught something of that speech on TV.

You know- I expected an immediate what-aboutism response from you or the other Trumpers here. And ZING - it appeared first! “Incoming!” Possum just hit you up side the head, comprehensive clown.

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri May 31, 2019 2:58 pm

What-aboutism is a justified response to people who could care less when their own guy does something (ie, Obama) but then pisses and moans until the cow comes home when somebody other than their guy (ie, Trump) is in office.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:26 am

OK. So that’s how you feel about Obama. And the majority of America - which supports and admires him.

Done.

Now we’re talking about the campaign and nearly four year long presidency of Donald Trump. Can you just stick to that fetid time period of f—k ups major. The world has never seen such a lecherous, treacherous, corrupt, treasonous, mentally ill low life in the presidency of The United States of America. And hopefully never will again - after Trump tries even harder to fire himself from the job.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:36 am

screen glare wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:26 am
OK. So that’s how you feel about Obama. And the majority of America - which supports and admires him.

Done.

Now we’re talking about the campaign and nearly four year long presidency of Donald Trump. Can you just stick to that fetid time period of f—k ups major. The world has never seen such a lecherous, treacherous, corrupt, treasonous, mentally ill low life in the presidency of The United States of America. And hopefully never will again - after Trump tries even harder to fire himself from the job.
You are completely missing the point. It has nothing to do with Obama, but rather with the people who are making the accusations and their hypocrisy (re: only caring when the other side does something bad). All the people who today are calling Trump all the things you just called him acted as if Obama were a Saint. And the right does this too - people who blasted Obama for various things he did seemingly have much more tolerance for when Trump does those things. I don't like any of it.

So setting aside all the partisanship and at least trying to look at the Trump presidency objectively, I'd like to know by what measures you propose we judge his Presidency. In this discussion - it is hard to ignore the results. Objectively speaking, a lot of things in this country are better now than they were when Trump took office.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:12 pm

Really? Ask the planet. Ask our environment. Ask the farmers. Ask the people who have survived natural disasters. Ask the immigrants. Ask immigrant children separated from parents. Ask the DACA young adults. Ask Americans with no health care. Ask transgender military fighters for our country. Just some of the folks and entities on my long long list. Address these. Then I’ll list more.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Jun 01, 2019 3:23 pm

That doesn't answer my question, at all. I asked for what specific metrics we can objectively use to judge Trump's Presidency. You responded by playing the victim card. And therein lies the problem with you and others on the left - everyone is a victim. And not only is everyone a victim, every victim can blame a republican for his/her victim status.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:22 am

The first metric is mental health.

Also - nobody beats Trump for acting the victim. The entities and persons I mentioned really ARE being hurt. Trump just acts as though he is a victim. And his act will rev into high gear if he’s impeached. Watch.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:31 am

As I said, the first metric is painfully, obviously, mental health. Every world leader and their intelligence agencies (including ours) know Donald Trump has Narcissistic Personality Disorder - just one of several personality disorders officially listed and described in the DSM 5.

All symptoms of this mental illness detailed there manifest as uncontrollable and intense thoughts, words, and actions driving every decision the afflicted person makes. Which results in chaos - as those around the sick individual try desperately to understand and engage with him/her. And in the case of a leader - try to follow, manage, or take advantage of his/her erratic and dangerously unstable whims, edicts, and desires.

Having a grotesque, exclusively self-absorbed, delusional, illiterate, disrespectful, cowardly bully occupying the presidency of The United States of America is reprehensible. And if you believe there are no deadly consequences, or disobeyed constitutional mandates, or entities and men, women, children being harmed, or values such as honor, equality, and justice forever defiled - you are extremely wrong.

Now please, cover the name of the USS John McCain, as Trump might become enraged (narcissistic rage) and pitch one of his infamous temper tantrums when he sees it.

Oh yeah, unbelievably - this actually happened!

FET-500

Post by FET-500 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:06 am

You guys are funny...

FET-500

Post by FET-500 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:16 am

screen glare wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 12:49 pm
Oh yeah. Johnson had his faults.
Johnson taped Nixon... He knew about Nixon's treason and didn't do shit. https://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-21768668

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:41 pm

Oh yeah, Johnson had HIS faults.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:17 pm

SG - just so we're clear here - is your suggestion that people who suffer from various mental disorders are incapable of being productive members of society? It sounds to me like you have a prejudice against those who have mental disorders.

That aside, you've managed to say a lot of words without answering the question. An assessment of one's mental health does not in and of itself measure that person's success in his/her job.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic