I've gotten slow & sloppy in activating new accounts lately; sorry about that! All new acct registrations in the queue as of 9/23 at 7:15a ET have been activated. Want to share your favorite Buzzboard posts with your social media page readers? Now, there's an easy way to do it! Visit this page for instructions: viewtopic.php?f=39&t=47643

(Note: hover your mouse pointer near the upper right corner of this box and click the "x" to close it.)

What happened to Braylon Edwards?

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
User avatar
craig11152
Posts: 1811
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:15 am
Location: Ann Arbor

Re: What happened to Braylon Edwards?

Post by craig11152 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:53 pm

I know somebody posted a story awhile back about Braylon allegedly showing up at a station event "under the influence" and supposedly Valenti physically prevented him from appearing I think the story came from that Detroit Sports Rag "muckraker" so how true it was is debatable I suppose.
In any case I hope Braylon keeps it together.



NS8401
Posts: 8590
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:06 pm

Re: What happened to Braylon Edwards?

Post by NS8401 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:11 pm

blackcowboybrady64 wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:12 pm
Yeah,Braylon was in Los Angeles last year learning to become a sportscaster.Hope he can straighten out his life soon.
He’s an avid bowler... see him in Novi often. Seems just fine.



User avatar
MWmetalhead
Site Admin
Posts: 5755
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2004 11:23 am

Re: What happened to Braylon Edwards?

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:04 pm

I know somebody posted a story awhile back about Braylon allegedly showing up at a station event "under the influence" and supposedly Valenti physically prevented him from appearing I think the story came from that Detroit Sports Rag "muckraker" so how true it was is debatable I suppose.
In any case I hope Braylon keeps it together.
Given the fact there were multiple eyewitnesses and the fact Braylon immediately disappeared from WXYT-F's airwaves after the incident (without any explanation from the station), I'd say it's 100% true.


Radio's downfall has been under-investing in its core competency and becoming distracted by delusions of grandeur by thinking development of a half-assed national digital strategy will somehow put it on par with the Facebooks and Googles of the world.

User avatar
TC Talks
Posts: 2006
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:41 am
Location: Moderator of Reason

Re: What happened to Braylon Edwards?

Post by TC Talks » Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:19 pm

NS8401 wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:11 pm
blackcowboybrady64 wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:12 pm
Yeah,Braylon was in Los Angeles last year learning to become a sportscaster.Hope he can straighten out his life soon.
He’s an avid bowler... see him in Novi often. Seems just fine.
bowling is the type of sport that can be performed rather successfully while under the influence. There's a reason why bowling alleys usually sell more alcohol than any other establishment in the communities they reside.


(C) 2018 TC Talks. Assembled in U.S.A.

NS8401
Posts: 8590
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:06 pm

Re: What happened to Braylon Edwards?

Post by NS8401 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:08 am

TC Talks wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:19 pm
NS8401 wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:11 pm
blackcowboybrady64 wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:12 pm
Yeah,Braylon was in Los Angeles last year learning to become a sportscaster.Hope he can straighten out his life soon.
He’s an avid bowler... see him in Novi often. Seems just fine.
bowling is the type of sport that can be performed rather successfully while under the influence. There's a reason why bowling alleys usually sell more alcohol than any other establishment in the communities they reside.
Yes and he doesn’t drink while he’s there. Usually he’s there with several other people. He retired from football but he’s not a train wreck in my estimation.



Daypart
Posts: 282
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:43 am
Location: Wouldn't You Like To Know

Re: What happened to Braylon Edwards?

Post by Daypart » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:23 am

It's settled. He's fine. Casual observation at a bowling alley is a valid diagnostic for substance abuse problems according to the DSM



User avatar
TC Talks
Posts: 2006
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:41 am
Location: Moderator of Reason

Re: What happened to Braylon Edwards?

Post by TC Talks » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:56 am

Daypart wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:23 am
It's settled. He's fine. Casual observation at a bowling alley is a valid diagnostic for substance abuse problems according to the DSM
:lol


(C) 2018 TC Talks. Assembled in U.S.A.

User avatar
craig11152
Posts: 1811
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:15 am
Location: Ann Arbor

Re: What happened to Braylon Edwards?

Post by craig11152 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:01 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:04 pm
I know somebody posted a story awhile back about Braylon allegedly showing up at a station event "under the influence" and supposedly Valenti physically prevented him from appearing I think the story came from that Detroit Sports Rag "muckraker" so how true it was is debatable I suppose.
In any case I hope Braylon keeps it together.
Given the fact there were multiple eyewitnesses and the fact Braylon immediately disappeared from WXYT-F's airwaves after the incident (without any explanation from the station), I'd say it's 100% true.
I just reread the story from the rag. There is no reference to multiple witnesses and Moss reference a "source" in the singular.... one person who supplied him infprmation. I can't find any other media that picked up the story either. So I stand by my notion that the story as written by Moss may or may not be accurate.



NS8401
Posts: 8590
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:06 pm

Re: What happened to Braylon Edwards?

Post by NS8401 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:35 am

Daypart wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:23 am
It's settled. He's fine. Casual observation at a bowling alley is a valid diagnostic for substance abuse problems according to the DSM
Given that Moss was involved in the original report and his site is as reliable as a Yugo I think I’d rather listen to outlets that... you know... report things considered to be even slightly factual rather than simply attacking the target of the day...

Since nobody picked up what would be a big story I call bullshit on Moss...

Oh and my casual observation was meant as a limited contribution of something I’ve witnessed... since a bowling alley is a major drinking spot (and this one won’t cut you off) you’d think he’d be drunk and belligerent as all get out... that was my point... that he never gets that way despite the availability of vast (and I mean vast) amounts of booze...



Daypart
Posts: 282
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:43 am
Location: Wouldn't You Like To Know

Re: What happened to Braylon Edwards?

Post by Daypart » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:54 am

I was just being a smartass:)

I wouldn't give Moss any credit either. He's a horrible "journalist" and an even worse person.



NS8401
Posts: 8590
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:06 pm

Re: What happened to Braylon Edwards?

Post by NS8401 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:16 am

Daypart wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:54 am
I was just being a smartass:)

I wouldn't give Moss any credit either. He's a horrible "journalist" and an even worse person.
Ah... I kind of figured I’d play along... :blink



GC1961
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:02 pm

Re: What happened to Braylon Edwards?

Post by GC1961 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:19 pm

Moss is a U-M fan,and observing him not being belligerent is no measure of a drinking problem.



NS8401
Posts: 8590
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:06 pm

Re: What happened to Braylon Edwards?

Post by NS8401 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:25 pm

GC1961 wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:19 pm
Moss is a U-M fan,and observing him not being belligerent is no measure of a drinking problem.
No it’s not... but it’s more evidence then Moss has... and for an alcoholic to refrain from drinking in a place where half the point is getting drunk would be quite remarkable...



GC1961
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:02 pm

Re: What happened to Braylon Edwards?

Post by GC1961 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:36 am

NS8401 wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:25 pm
GC1961 wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:19 pm
Moss is a U-M fan,and observing him not being belligerent is no measure of a drinking problem.
No it’s not... but it’s more evidence then Moss has... and for an alcoholic to refrain from drinking in a place where half the point is getting drunk would be quite remarkable...
not true,having been a drinker your point is wrong.30 yrs sober in 5 weeks.get educated on alcoholism,those aren't facts,i know better



NS8401
Posts: 8590
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:06 pm

Re: What happened to Braylon Edwards?

Post by NS8401 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:51 am

GC1961 wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:36 am
NS8401 wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:25 pm
GC1961 wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:19 pm
Moss is a U-M fan,and observing him not being belligerent is no measure of a drinking problem.
No it’s not... but it’s more evidence then Moss has... and for an alcoholic to refrain from drinking in a place where half the point is getting drunk would be quite remarkable...
not true,having been a drinker your point is wrong.30 yrs sober in 5 weeks.get educated on alcoholism,those aren't facts,i know better
I lived with an alcoholic for 10 years... if there was a drink available he’d have one. The whole idea is that you are addicted to it. It’s not some resistible thing. It’s the same as smoking or any other addiction. A smoker would be hard pressed to stand next to other smokers without having to have and pull out or bum a cigarette. You don’t turn it on and off whenever you feel like it.



GC1961
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:02 pm

Re: What happened to Braylon Edwards?

Post by GC1961 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:23 am

NS8401 wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:51 am
GC1961 wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:36 am
NS8401 wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:25 pm
GC1961 wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:19 pm
Moss is a U-M fan,and observing him not being belligerent is no measure of a drinking problem.
No it’s not... but it’s more evidence then Moss has... and for an alcoholic to refrain from drinking in a place where half the point is getting drunk would be quite remarkable...
not true,having been a drinker your point is wrong.30 yrs sober in 5 weeks.get educated on alcoholism,those aren't facts,i know better
I lived with an alcoholic for 10 years... if there was a drink available he’d have one. The whole idea is that you are addicted to it. It’s not some resistible thing. It’s the same as smoking or any other addiction. A smoker would be hard pressed to stand next to other smokers without having to have and pull out or bum a cigarette. You don’t turn it on and off whenever you feel like it.
unless you're an alcoholic you don't know,craving is different for each person.hard to judge every individual based on one experience



brianp48093
Posts: 82
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:16 pm

Re: What happened to Braylon Edwards?

Post by brianp48093 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:47 am

Alcoholic. Opioid addict etc etc. Nobody FORCED said person to put these products in their body. They did it on their own free will. I have zero sympathy for addicts. I quit smoking 2 packs a day 6 years ago, cold turkey. Never touched a cigarette since. Mind over matter. Addicts are weak. Grown ass adults can't overcome something so simple...pathetic. Everyone whines about "lack of mental health treatment" we wouldn't need treatment if people weren't weak ass pussies. Bottom line....mind over matter. If you want to quit, STFU and DO IT instead of having a pity party.



NS8401
Posts: 8590
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:06 pm

Re: What happened to Braylon Edwards?

Post by NS8401 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:03 am

brianp48093 wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:47 am
Alcoholic. Opioid addict etc etc. Nobody FORCED said person to put these products in their body. They did it on their own free will. I have zero sympathy for addicts. I quit smoking 2 packs a day 6 years ago, cold turkey. Never touched a cigarette since. Mind over matter. Addicts are weak. Grown ass adults can't overcome something so simple...pathetic. Everyone whines about "lack of mental health treatment" we wouldn't need treatment if people weren't weak ass pussies. Bottom line....mind over matter. If you want to quit, STFU and DO IT instead of having a pity party.
You’re as bad as the other guy above... it’s not that simple either...



User avatar
craig11152
Posts: 1811
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:15 am
Location: Ann Arbor

Re: What happened to Braylon Edwards?

Post by craig11152 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:52 am

NS8401 wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:03 am
brianp48093 wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:47 am
Alcoholic. Opioid addict etc etc. Nobody FORCED said person to put these products in their body. They did it on their own free will. I have zero sympathy for addicts. I quit smoking 2 packs a day 6 years ago, cold turkey. Never touched a cigarette since. Mind over matter. Addicts are weak. Grown ass adults can't overcome something so simple...pathetic. Everyone whines about "lack of mental health treatment" we wouldn't need treatment if people weren't weak ass pussies. Bottom line....mind over matter. If you want to quit, STFU and DO IT instead of having a pity party.
You’re as bad as the other guy above... it’s not that simple either...
I wonder why he ever bothered to smoke 40 a day if he's such a mind over matter kind of guy?



Post Reply Previous topicNext topic