All new acct registrations in the queue as of 7/14 at 10:00a ET have been activated. Want to share your favorite Buzzboard posts with your social media page readers? Now, there's an easy way to do it! Visit this page for instructions: viewtopic.php?f=39&t=47643

(Note: hover your mouse pointer near the upper right corner of this box and click the "x" to close it.)

"The All New" 104.3 WOMC.....not interested

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
User avatar
stopnswop2
Posts: 143
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:08 pm
Location: Novi, Michigan
Contact:

Re: "The All New" 104.3 WOMC.....not interested

Post by stopnswop2 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:34 pm

They have slowly started adding back 70s music, so it's not going to be all 80s. The 1990s music is completely gone though except for the Black Crowes song.
Also I have heard two 60s song in the daily playlist. "Born to be wild" and "Spirit in the sky".

But as MW said, Lauren is so irritating and should not be co-hosting a morning show. And who the heck is this Josh guy who they are pretending is "out on the streets" ?

And I love JJ. He's a cool guy and a personal friend, I enjoy his show a lot.

As for Steve Kostan, his voice is annoying and doesn't fit in well with the format. I'm pretty sure he is voice tracked most of the time too, because I've heard him announcing the wrong songs many many times.


Music is my life!

non-anon bob
Posts: 62
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2005 10:41 pm
Location: South Lyon

Re: "The All New" 104.3 WOMC.....not interested

Post by non-anon bob » Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:01 am

I AM very interested...JJ will be guest-hosting the morning show this coming week...Jan. 1- Jan. 5th...Then, on 1/8/18, the NEW morning crew starts! Could it be "Trudi & Drew?", "Trudi & The Doc? (Podell)", "Karen (Savelly) & The Doc?"...Who knows?


...and NOW, Ladies & Gentlemen...The Next Poster!
...CKLW, the Motor City...

User avatar
MWmetalhead
Site Admin
Posts: 5400
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2004 11:23 am

Re: "The All New" 104.3 WOMC.....not interested

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:49 am

Prediction - there will be some fill-ins and when the dust settles, Beau will move to mornings full time.

One of 104.3's part timers or a WCSX cast off will be handed afternoons.

I, for one, would love to hear Chris Edmonds on 104.3, but I would be pleasantly surprised if that were to occur.


R.I.P. Vinnie Paul Abbott (March 11, 1964 – June 22, 2018)

BKRPDM
Posts: 138
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:40 pm

Re: "The All New" 104.3 WOMC.....not interested

Post by BKRPDM » Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:32 am

Hoping that Pam Rossi gets a full-time spot.

Chris Edmonds would be good to hear, but also Kevin O’Neill!



Radio Sucks
Posts: 179
Joined: Wed May 14, 2014 4:48 pm

Re: "The All New" 104.3 WOMC.....not interested

Post by Radio Sucks » Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:44 pm

Here's two hours from Friday.

Collins, Phil Don't Lose My Number
Loggins, Kenny Footloose
Cars You Might Think
James, Rick Super Freak
Electric Light Orchestra Turn To Stone
Waite, John Missing You
Idol, Billy White Wedding
Tears For Fears Shout
Mann, Manfred Blinded By The Light
John, Elton I'm Still Standing
Bowie, David China Girl
Knack My Sharona
Franklin, Aretha & George… I Knew You Were Waitin…
Til Tuesday Voices Carry
Jackson, Michael Black Or White
Foreigner Urgent
Animotion Obsession
Blondie Heart Of Glass
Frampton, Peter Baby I Love Your Way
Cougar, John Hurts So Good
Wang Chung Dance Hall Days
Boston More Than A Feeling
A-HA Take On Me
Def Leppard Pour Some Sugar On Me
Reo Speedwagon Take It On The Run

70's and 80's classic hits. The formula that is sure working in Cincinnati and other places



Radio Sucks
Posts: 179
Joined: Wed May 14, 2014 4:48 pm

Re: "The All New" 104.3 WOMC.....not interested

Post by Radio Sucks » Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:57 pm

WGRR Cincinnati during the same time period

Badfinger No Matter What
Lynyrd Skynyrd Sweet Home Alabama
O.M.D. (Orchestral Manoeu… If You Leave
Crosby, Stills & Nash Teach Your Children
Idol, Billy Mony Mony
Go-Go's Our Lips Are Sealed
Lennon, John Imagine
Benatar, Pat Shadows Of The Night
Eagles Take It To The Limit
U2 I Still Haven't Found…
King, Carole It's Too Late
Police Every Little Thing She…
Chicago Feelin' Stronger Every…
Rolling Stones Miss You
Heart Magic Man
Men At Work Who Can It Be Now?
Commodores Easy
Palmer, Robert Addicted To Love
John, Elton Daniel
Creedence Clearwater Revi… Down On The Corner



User avatar
Colonel Flagg
Posts: 329
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:54 pm

Re: "The All New" 104.3 WOMC.....not interested

Post by Colonel Flagg » Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:17 pm

To me, this sounds like the work of a meddling consultant, with input from the bean counters at Entercom. Bobby & Stacey had a decent morning show, so why dump them now? Beau's soccer Mom shtick will not work well in AM drive. As "Beau the Jammer" he was great. On WOMC, he always seemed mediocre to me. Everyone in that building has a reason to be concerned about their future employment, regardless of which station in the cluster they work for.


"Remember, Colonel Flagg was never here. Tell your people!"

User avatar
MWmetalhead
Site Admin
Posts: 5400
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2004 11:23 am

Re: "The All New" 104.3 WOMC.....not interested

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:28 pm

Tinkering with a top four or five biller strikes me as not so smart strategy...

If morning ratings are lagging, make a change there and leave the music formula alone.


R.I.P. Vinnie Paul Abbott (March 11, 1964 – June 22, 2018)

NS8401
Posts: 8286
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:06 pm

Re: "The All New" 104.3 WOMC.....not interested

Post by NS8401 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:48 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:28 pm
Tinkering with a top four or five biller strikes me as not so smart strategy...

If morning ratings are lagging, make a change there and leave the music formula alone.
And usually 1 or 2 in the Ratings... what was so desperately broken about the old version? Anybody have a guess?



Chris Edmonds
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:53 pm

Re: "The All New" 104.3 WOMC.....not interested

Post by Chris Edmonds » Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:56 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:49 am
Prediction - there will be some fill-ins and when the dust settles, Beau will move to mornings full time.

One of 104.3's part timers or a WCSX cast off will be handed afternoons.

I, for one, would love to hear Chris Edmonds on 104.3, but I would be pleasantly surprised if that were to occur.
Thanks MW! Happy New Year to you.



Chris Edmonds
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:53 pm

Re: "The All New" 104.3 WOMC.....not interested

Post by Chris Edmonds » Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:00 pm

BKRPDM wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:32 am
Hoping that Pam Rossi gets a full-time spot.

Chris Edmonds would be good to hear, but also Kevin O’Neill!
Same to you BKRPDM! (Happy New Year, that is.) And you’re right about Kevin. What kind of world is this where a walking encyclopedia of music is doing traffic? Talk about under-utilized!



BKRPDM
Posts: 138
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:40 pm

Re: "The All New" 104.3 WOMC.....not interested

Post by BKRPDM » Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:22 pm

Chris Edmonds wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:00 pm
BKRPDM wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:32 am
Hoping that Pam Rossi gets a full-time spot.

Chris Edmonds would be good to hear, but also Kevin O’Neill!
Same to you BKRPDM! (Happy New Year, that is.) And you’re right about Kevin. What kind of world is this where a walking encyclopedia of music is doing traffic? Talk about under-utilized!
Happy New Year to you, Chris-
It would be fantastic to hear both of you on WOMC. You two are true talents. Miss you during the WNIC and WDTX days.



User avatar
MWmetalhead
Site Admin
Posts: 5400
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2004 11:23 am

Re: "The All New" 104.3 WOMC.....not interested

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:29 pm

What he said... :)

And if we cannot enjoy your work on 104.3, Chris, hearing you more often on 100.3 would work, too!


R.I.P. Vinnie Paul Abbott (March 11, 1964 – June 22, 2018)

Chris Edmonds
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:53 pm

Re: "The All New" 104.3 WOMC.....not interested

Post by Chris Edmonds » Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:22 pm

Thanks again guys.



User avatar
stopnswop2
Posts: 143
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:08 pm
Location: Novi, Michigan
Contact:

Re: "The All New" 104.3 WOMC.....not interested

Post by stopnswop2 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:11 pm

OMG, that would be so awesome.
Chris and Kevin on WOMC.
the WOMC Breakfast club would be so fun haha. But Stacey would need to be there to make it feel real.

Love you to death Chris. Listened to you on WNIC throughout the entire 1990s, thanks to my parents lol.

I uploaded a bunch of airchecks on youtube of you on WNIC from the late 90s and early 2000s. boy do i miss Detroit's NICest Rock.


Music is my life!

chromacolor2
Posts: 217
Joined: Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:36 am

Re: "The All New" 104.3 WOMC.....not interested

Post by chromacolor2 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:11 pm

Well at least the Beatles are gone. That's something.



videocollectore
Posts: 24
Joined: Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:51 pm

Re: "The All New" 104.3 WOMC.....not interested

Post by videocollectore » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:17 pm

After Dick Purtan retired it seemed as if they slowly started changing their format away from classic 50s-70s oldies.



User avatar
stopnswop2
Posts: 143
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:08 pm
Location: Novi, Michigan
Contact:

Re: "The All New" 104.3 WOMC.....not interested

Post by stopnswop2 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:41 am

videocollectore wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:17 pm
After Dick Purtan retired it seemed as if they slowly started changing their format away from classic 50s-70s oldies.
In 2009, they officially dropped the oldies branding. (They already dropped all 50s music by the year 2000 and were playing only 60s & 70s).

In 2010 they added 80s music, and played a very large variety of music from 1960-1989.

After an all Christmas format stunt at the end of 2013, they dropped all music before 1965 and focused more on the 70s & 80s while still playing about a dozen songs from the late 60s throughout the day. (the All Christmas format stuck due to listeners liking it).

In 2017, all 60s music & most of the 70s were dropped and were replaced with 90s music, and the by the end of the year the playlist consisted of music from 1975-2002, but very heavily focused on the 80s.

In 2018, all 90s & early 2000s music was dropped and more 70s music was added back and even a few 60s songs. Currently the playlist is 1969-1990, but still very very heavily focused on the 80s. (approx. 75 percent of the playlist is 80s music)

They just keep going back and forth at this point lol. Entercom doesn't seem to know what they are doing.


Music is my life!

NS8401
Posts: 8286
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:06 pm

Re: "The All New" 104.3 WOMC.....not interested

Post by NS8401 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:57 am

stopnswop2 wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:41 am
videocollectore wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:17 pm
After Dick Purtan retired it seemed as if they slowly started changing their format away from classic 50s-70s oldies.
In 2009, they officially dropped the oldies branding. (They already dropped all 50s music by the year 2000 and were playing only 60s & 70s).

In 2010 they added 80s music, and played a very large variety of music from 1960-1989.

After an all Christmas format stunt at the end of 2013, they dropped all music before 1965 and focused more on the 70s & 80s while still playing about a dozen songs from the late 60s throughout the day. (the All Christmas format stuck due to listeners liking it).

In 2017, all 60s music & most of the 70s were dropped and were replaced with 90s music, and the by the end of the year the playlist consisted of music from 1975-2002, but very heavily focused on the 80s.

In 2018, all 90s & early 2000s music was dropped and more 70s music was added back and even a few 60s songs. Currently the playlist is 1969-1990, but still very very heavily focused on the 80s. (approx. 75 percent of the playlist is 80s music)

They just keep going back and forth at this point lol. Entercom doesn't seem to know what they are doing.
Since 98% of that time is CBS Radio and not Entercom I would say CBS didn’t know either. 1,043 songs in a row to start your Tuesday and etc. JJ in this week with things “back to normal” next week.



CometGSR
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:44 pm

Re: "The All New" 104.3 WOMC.....not interested

Post by CometGSR » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:24 am

It is still weird to hear Beau The Jammer on pretty much an Oldies station. It was even more weird to hear Lisa Lisa on there but that was years ago.

Still hoping to hear something by Bell Biv Devoe on 104.3FM as they serve us middle age guys that love that music with hyped up Beau hosting. It can still work, just because we are older, doesn't mean we don't like to have fun with the radio.



Post Reply Previous topicNext topic