Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

It's been crickets on leftist hero Michael Avenatti

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Matt

It's been crickets on leftist hero Michael Avenatti

Post by Matt » Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:48 am

Its interesting to note that most on the left thought that Michael Avenatti was a great guy when he was harassing the POTUS and a SCOTUS nominee unjustly. Hell, it wasn't that long ago that he was showing up in presidential polling! Now that it cannot be denied that he is nothing more than an extortionist, I don't see lefties running out to denounce him.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

craig11152

Re: It's been crickets on leftist hero Michael Avenatti

Post by craig11152 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:52 am

I'd pay Stormy Daniels $20 for a lap dance. :razz

I no longer directly engage trolls

zzand

Post by zzand » Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:35 am

You'd get kooties

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:40 am

craig11152 wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:52 am
I'd pay Stormy Daniels $20 for a lap dance. :razz
Ewwwww

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:58 am

Matt, you idolize a casual member of the American white supremacist movement without any pause or ethical dilemma. Doesn't that sort of equal thing's out when discussing Progressive activists?

Of course the big difference is anyone was found a bigot within the progressive ranks is ostracized immediately.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Deleted User 12047

Post by Deleted User 12047 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:25 pm

“Most on the left” - can you define that, please? I love how “the left” is some sort of organized group, like “mainstream media” or “ANTIFA”. Michael Avenatti was a blip on the radar screen of history and certainly a hero to some Anti-Trumpers who saw his as some sort of ... well, Anti-Trump. He was easy to find, easy to book on TV and always said something outlandish, making him the perfect cable TV guest. His many appearances upped his recognition and polling possibilities but right now, a bologna sandwich could “show up” in presidential polls depending on how the question was asked. No serious person ever took him seriously, EXCEPT “The Right” who needs an opponent so they can tell all their frightened flock what might happen to them if they actually started paying attention. (More on that later..)

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:22 pm

Matt wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:48 am
Its interesting to note that most on the left thought that Michael Avenatti was a great guy when he was harassing the POTUS and a SCOTUS nominee unjustly. Hell, it wasn't that long ago that he was showing up in presidential polling! Now that it cannot be denied that he is nothing more than an extortionist, I don't see lefties running out to denounce him.
No one here is more leftist than I am. If you'd care to review my posts over the past year or so, I've always said he's a slime ball.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:52 pm

Radio Sucks wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:25 pm
“Most on the left” - can you define that, please? I love how “the left” is some sort of organized group, like “mainstream media” or “ANTIFA”. Michael Avenatti was a blip on the radar screen of history and certainly a hero to some Anti-Trumpers who saw his as some sort of ... well, Anti-Trump. He was easy to find, easy to book on TV and always said something outlandish, making him the perfect cable TV guest. His many appearances upped his recognition and polling possibilities but right now, a bologna sandwich could “show up” in presidential polls depending on how the question was asked. No serious person ever took him seriously, EXCEPT “The Right” who needs an opponent so they can tell all their frightened flock what might happen to them if they actually started paying attention. (More on that later..)
The best part being that ANTIFA is by definition not organized...

The Republican Party is the party of whiny victims with no ideas and no desire for solutions... oh and tax cuts...

Currently the only ideas are coming from the Democratic side of the aisle... the Republican side is simply reacting to everything with fake outrage, flailing about, scaring their base into voting for them and tax cuts.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:20 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:58 am

Of course the big difference is anyone was found a bigot within the progressive ranks is ostracized immediately.
Unless it involves a Jew.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:24 pm

Bryce wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:20 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Seriously? Explain this one 🍿

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

zzand

Post by zzand » Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:51 am

yeah, as the resident Jew here I am curious too.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:21 am

I'll be happy to answer this without playing the "whatabout???" game, straight from the keyboard of someone on the so-called "left" (like it's some kind of naughty word or something).

Dude's an asshole. Plain. And. Simple. Here we watched him on Bill Maher awhile back and he was flapping his jaws and yapping that they were gonna bring Trump down! They had the goods and it was just a matter of time!

And now look at him. I keep thinking of that meme that says "congratulations. You played yourself". I'm starting to wonder if this is just a thing people with power and a voice do. I'm really starting to look at things not as left and right, but more as powerful and powerless. So as far as this guy goes, asshole is as asshole does. Thought you were shit hot, making your rounds on TV, all the while you had your hand in the cookie jar, too.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:34 am

TC Talks wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:24 pm
Bryce wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:20 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Seriously? Explain this one 🍿
Has Rep. Ilhan Omar been ostracized? She has repeatedly shown bigotry and anti-Semitism,

The left seems quite comfortable with religious bigotry in general.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:29 am

I would need to see those conversations. The right media has a particular fondness for taking things out of context and blowing them up into something completely different. In other words, I'm skeptical that what she has said was contextually bigotry.

― Noam Chomsky

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:28 am

As soon as Stephanie’s lawyer said he was considering running for president it became clear as crystal that he was a head case - like his obvious nemesis, Trump.

Before that the media was already becoming leary of the guy. Certainly by the time it came out that he and Scaramucci were being considered for starring roles in a reality show.
There were also stories - if I remember correctly - that Avenatti had abused his wife.

I feel slightly sorry for Stephanie because he used her as a way to promote himself. But she learned that herself finally - and said goodbye. Maybe it was a mutual use.

At this point Avenatti could almost pass (psychologically) for Trump. But without the loyal enabling family and “always excuse him” fan base. When you’re around guys who constantly throw caution to the wind and do or say things that place them onto jeopardy - seemingly because they’re driven to do so - that’s a head case. Look out.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic