Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

1470 now WTOD

Miss the posts from your favorite flame artist or troll who added little to no value to the Buzzboard? Read 'em here!
EnbyCee

Re: 1470 now WTOD

Post by EnbyCee » Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:46 pm

Only took them what, almost four years to drop WLQR-AM after ending the Ticket simulcast?

They're not building a new antenna farm, it's just an excuse to not fix the Pickle Rd. site. The FCC doesn't care enough about a dying medium in a depressed market to shoot down the STA and make them either build the new farm, fix Pickle or shut it down.

Fuck Canada.

EnbyCee

Re: 1470 now WTOD

Post by EnbyCee » Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:44 am

1470 has had the Tigers since at least 2005 when I moved to Toledo. The problem back then wasn't a WMTR overlap, it was that Cumulus had the Mud Hens as well, and as hard to believe as this may be now, when both played at the same time (often at 7 pm) the Hens had priority and they wouldn't put the Tigers on another signal. Went on until 2008 when the Hens moved to WCWA.

ANYWAY, I don't think they'd move the Tigers to XKR though, and I think you can get WXKR and WMTR together in places like Swanton so it might not work if they tried. The Tigers are pretty much literally the only thing anybody listens to 1470 for.

Fuck Canada.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic