Hello! Welcome to the Michigan Radio & TV Buzzboard. All accepted new account registrations through 12-09-2017 at 9:00a ET have been activated. I apologize for the delay in activating new accounts.

(Note: hover your mouse pointer near the upper right corner of this box and click the "x" to close it.)

Doug Podell

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
blizzard

Re: Doug Podell

Post by blizzard » Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:06 am

A buddy of mine used to refer to him as "Drugs Podell".
:hat

Tman

Post by Tman » Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:29 am

The Doc has always been and still is the local musicians friend to this day . Thanks Doug . Checked out Dahmer for one foolish dribble and thought about the good old days of clever and pipes .

windsor

Post by windsor » Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:55 am

Great opening for a CC and 106.7 if they want to play with the big boys.

Boom Boom Savelli mid day, the Doc aft drive, would have loved to see Kramer ex IOT mornings or a return of Drew&Mike plus Classic Rock that Really Rocks make a return.............this could be pulled off imo.

shit, Doug could even program this mother........

In the old days of the rock wars this would have been a no brainer in Detroit.

Would love to see a Detroit's Wheelz make a reappearance in the market also.
Dave Rexroth: Detroit's NEW #1 for the Most Accurate Weather

zeplepplin

Post by zeplepplin » Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:52 pm

windsor wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:55 am

Boom Boom Savelli mid day, the Doc aft drive, would have loved to see Kramer ex IOT mornings or a return of Drew&Mike plus Classic Rock that Really Rocks make a return.............this could be pulled off imo.

I'm sure management of these stations have absolutely no interest in hiring dj's in the their 60's and 70's

Colonel Flagg

Post by Colonel Flagg » Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:59 pm

zeplepplin wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:52 pm
windsor wrote:

I'm sure management of these stations have absolutely no interest in hiring dj's in the their 60's and 70's
Sure, and why would they? God knows they would surely clash with the 40 to 50 year old MUSIC we all know as classic rock. By all means, let's keep hiring air talent like Dahmer, or hell, just plug in Alan Cox from Cleveland. :rolleyes

It would have to be CBS/Entercom. Some of the key players are already down the hall. IHR could never pull it off. Darren Davis and Bob Pittman are a joke.
"Remember, Colonel Flagg was never here. Tell your people!"

Tman

Post by Tman » Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:40 am

Whats wrong with a 60 or 70 year old if they can do the job better ? You see it on concert stages often . This is WCSX not WRIF .

In The Bleachers

Post by In The Bleachers » Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:38 pm

Tman wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:40 am
Whats wrong with a 60 or 70 year old if they can do the job better ? You see it on concert stages often . This is WCSX not WRIF .
I'm not sure that's a good analogy.
The geezer rockers are touring simply to make money.
None of them really want to. But they just can't turn down the pennies they are getting. (and I don't blame them). Even if it means strutting on stage on a Geritol IV. They wouldn't be anywhere near a concert if they made the same they did starting out.

They can bring back Detroit's vintage DJ's if they want. But am I wrong saying the older they are, the more they want to flap their gums, instead of playing songs? I understand some folks would rather hear talk than tunes. But as for me, I like music over mouth if I'm not listening to 950 or 97.1.

Tman

Post by Tman » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:46 am

Paul McCartney net worth 660 Million.

blizzard

Post by blizzard » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:17 pm

Tman wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:46 am
Paul McCartney net worth 660 Million.
And that's just in his back pocket . . . :hat

blackcowboybrady64

Post by blackcowboybrady64 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:33 pm

JIM PAOLUCCI???????I remember when he hosted "The Country Express" on TV (forget the station) and called rockers "brats" in an interview,and pledged his devotion to Country music,calling himself a good ol' boy.When "The Country Express" went off the air,good ol' boy Jim Bob (sorry,Coach Cooter) slunk back to rock radio.Wonder what the old chap is doing today?

blackcowboybrady64

Post by blackcowboybrady64 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:35 pm

Fellow Windsor lad,Wheels played a bit too much Zeppelin for my taste (it was known as "Whole Lotta Led Zeppelin"),but if it could be brought back and help re-establish Detroit/Windsor rock and roll,I'd be all for it!!!!!

Tman

Post by Tman » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:17 am

Classic rock is music you grew up with. The DJ's voice and presentation from that era became your friend . The two created a comfort zone for the listener then and up until recently . If the god's want to tear that apart they can . Who cares about the listner loyalty anymore at WCSX . NOBODY !

frankie knuckles

Post by frankie knuckles » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:38 pm

Tman wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:17 am
Classic rock is music you grew up with. The DJ's voice and presentation from that era became your friend . The two created a comfort zone for the listener then and up until recently . If the god's want to tear that apart they can . Who cares about the listner loyalty anymore at WCSX . NOBODY !
That “god”s name is Jerry Tarrants, and he’s a 5 foot 2 pile of arrogance and cluelessness. He’s gotten this far by staying under the radar and not making any bold moves. Putting an amateur like Dahmer in afternoon drive was a really bold move (maybe his first), and a bad one. He also put himself on evenings. If you want to hear really awful, zero-effort voice tracked radio, tune into CSX weeknights 7 to midnight now.

I think old JT may have finally screwed the pooch here.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:29 pm

Dahmer sounds like he's straight from WLEW.
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

RadioRat

Post by RadioRat » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:55 pm

audiophile wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:29 pm
Dahmer sounds like he's straight from WLEW.
As someone who works for WLEW, ouch man. That dig hurts.

sfpcc

Post by sfpcc » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:26 pm

[quote=blackcowboybrady64 post_id=564460 time=1510698947 user_id=14914]
Fellow Windsor lad,Wheels played a bit too much Zeppelin for my taste (it was known as "Whole Lotta Led Zeppelin"),but if it could be brought back and help re-establish Detroit/Windsor rock and roll,I'd be all for it!!!!!

[/quote]
WLLZ was also know as "We Love Led Zepplin."

In the last few days WCSX played some somewhat deep cuts; Ah Leah by Donnie Iris, and Gimme Back My Bullets by Lynyrd Skynyrd.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:00 am

This playlist is about enough to make me gag:
http://wcsx.com/stream/WCSXFM/
C'mon iHeartRadio - do the RIGHT thing for once! Please cancel "Rover's Morning Glory" from WBFX in Grand Rapids.

SteveS

Post by SteveS » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:42 am

Wow, Poison and Simple Minds on CSX. How times have changed at Detroit's Classic Rock.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:04 pm

They still play Bob Seger, J. Geils, the Rolling Stones and Journey ad nauseaum. :barf
C'mon iHeartRadio - do the RIGHT thing for once! Please cancel "Rover's Morning Glory" from WBFX in Grand Rapids.

zeplepplin

Post by zeplepplin » Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:05 pm

zeplepplin wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:52 pm
windsor wrote:

All of you reacting to my comment are thinking like normal, human type beings. Management looks at 60 and 70 years old differently.
1: They have been in the market so long they are going to want tons of cash. Why pay them tons of cash when you can pay some kid $12/hr?
2: 60 and 70 year olds ARE OLD. They may drop dead on the air. They might fall off a roof whiling cleaning a snow bank and be out of commission for 6 months. This is corporate fascist amerika friends. The almighty dollar RULES. Not your radio fantasies.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic