Hello! Welcome to the Michigan Radio & TV Buzzboard. All accepted new account registrations through 12-09-2017 at 9:00a ET have been activated. I apologize for the delay in activating new accounts.

(Note: hover your mouse pointer near the upper right corner of this box and click the "x" to close it.)

Doug Podell

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
windsor

Re: Doug Podell

Post by windsor » Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:08 pm

zeplepplin wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:05 pm
zeplepplin wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:52 pm
windsor wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:55 am
Great opening for a CC and 106.7 if they want to play with the big boys.

Boom Boom Savelli mid day, the Doc aft drive, would have loved to see Kramer ex IOT mornings or a return of Drew&Mike plus Classic Rock that Really Rocks make a return.............this could be pulled off imo.

shit, Doug could even program this mother........

In the old days of the rock wars this would have been a no brainer in Detroit.

Would love to see a Detroit's Wheelz make a reappearance in the market also.
I'm sure management of these stations have absolutely no interest in hiring dj's in the their 60's and 70's
All of you reacting to my comment are thinking like normal, human type beings. Management looks at 60 and 70 years old differently.
1: They have been in the market so long they are going to want tons of cash. Why pay them tons of cash when you can pay some kid $12/hr?
2: 60 and 70 year olds ARE OLD. They may drop dead on the air. They might fall off a roof whiling cleaning a snow bank and be out of commission for 6 months. This is corporate fascist amerika friends. The almighty dollar RULES. Not your radio fantasies.
My radio fantasy just went to Siriusxm since 106/7 the D flipped to crap and more crap, the rock dial is unlistenable even to an old veteren of these here parts...........the Boneyard seems to be playing more Uncle Ted so alot more of my motorcity blood brothers must have done the same since they can see the where the new subs are from.Beasely seems to be as F'd up as CC. See ya!!!!!!!!!
Dave Rexroth: Detroit's NEW #1 for the Most Accurate Weather

sfpcc

Re: Doug Podell

Post by sfpcc » Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:11 am

This might be somewhat left of topic, but I heard this this afternoon on WCSX. Before the DJ played a Queen song he mentioned Freddy Mercury was actually a tough scrappy guy. He mentioned that he even won a fight with Sid Vicious. I really couldn't tell you how tough Freddy Mercury was, but their "confrontation" was verbal not physical.

Their path crossed when they were both at a London recording studio. Sid went up to Freddy and said "So you're this Freddie Platinum bloke who is trying to bring ballet back to the masses. Mr Mercury (Bulsara) response was "Ah yes Mr Ferocious we do do our best."

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic