Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Manufactured hate - Jessie Smollett

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
bmw

Manufactured hate - Jessie Smollett

Post by bmw » Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:05 am

From day 1 this story sounded fishy to me. Turns out it was.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/peo ... topstories
Smollett, who is black and gay, said he was attacked while walking home through Chicago’s Streeterville neighborhood late last month. He told police masked men tied a noose around his neck, poured bleach on him and yelled the slurs and “MAGA country!”
Two brothers told Chicago police investigators that they were paid by "Empire" actor Jussie Smollett to stage an attack on him, according to a person familiar with the situation but not authorized to speak publicly.
Just pitiful.

TC Talks

Re: Manufactured hate - Jessie Smollett

Post by TC Talks » Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:12 am

There are two sides to the story. Why choose to latch on to one over the other?

Would you take the story of a bank robbery suspect over the bank teller? Or wait until it plays out?

If things do play out as they appear, it's pretty funny they wore those hats. They are a symbol of evil to many people.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:36 am

Agree 100%, BMW. I was doubtful from day one. There are cameras all over downtown Chicago. How could there be no visual evidence of the altercation? The guy had nothing more than a small cut on his face.

I never even knew who the hell Smollett was until this story hit the news. I suspect 95 percent of America had no clue who he was.

This is nothing more than a C-list actor looking to make Trump and Trump's supporters look bad. The "incident" happened during the government shutdown. Let's not forget the radical left acted like a bunch of ravenous wolves when Trump campaigned in Chicago in 2016. They basically rioted.

Smollett needs to be prosecuted. Someone probably should slap the shit out of him.

TC Shuts Up

Post by TC Shuts Up » Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:50 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:36 am
Smollett needs to be prosecuted. Someone probably should slap the shit out of him.
That would be a fitting sentence, though unconstitutional as cruel and unusual punishment.

He thought that he could pull it off with his Nigerian Scam actor buddies, thinking for some unknown reason that he was a good actor.

Disagreeing with Communists is NOT an impeachable offense.

Never eat Sushi past its expiration date.

Those who refuse to drain the swamp are doomed to drown in it.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:53 pm

It appears his end game was an unsolved (unsolvable) hate crime. He sure didn't intend on it being solved.
What would he gave done if SJW protests resulted in property damage physical violence and general mayhem? Would he have remained silent?

I no longer directly engage trolls

TC Shuts Up

Post by TC Shuts Up » Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:06 pm

Don't hold your breath. No Chicago Jury would convict him. There'd always be a "jury hanger". Expect this to be dismissed because there is "insufficient evidence". Making a big deal trying to prosecute this case would be like grabbing the third rail on the L. It's a no win situation.

And don't expect the Left to start singing. To them, "The End Always Justifies The Means".

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:16 pm

Looks like another celebrity creating news and publicity for career enhancement.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:41 pm

TC Shuts Up wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:06 pm
Don't hold your breath. No Chicago Jury would convict him. There'd always be a "jury hanger".
Time will tell but in any case it isn't a "Chicago jury" it is a Cook County jury. The Cook County DA has a very decent conviction rate overall so they can get 12 jurors to agree.

I no longer directly engage trolls

TC Shuts Up

Post by TC Shuts Up » Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:06 pm

Have you ever watched "Bull"?

If so, you know what Voir Dire is.

With an effective lawyer, they can easily get a jury hanger and a hung jury. The stakes are high. The defendant is Black and Gay. They won't allow him to be convicted. If he is convicted, expect Jussie to be out on appeal in minutes. This will go on for years if he is convicted. If there is a Democrat President (or Governor), if convicted he will be pardoned.

Most of the Republicans and high wage earners have been quickly leaving Illinois. It's Number One in population loss over the last several years. Taxation and crime are two big reasons. Rahm doesn't care. He'll just bring in more illegals to vote.
Last edited by TC Shuts Up on Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:31 pm, edited 4 times in total.

TC Shuts Up

Post by TC Shuts Up » Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:20 pm

"Jussie"-Carly Simon

A song begging for Parody Lyrics.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YmaVN8ATMOA

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:41 pm

If this actor is a liar he has not only destroyed his career - he has helped to delegitimize the injustice and pain which victims of real hate crimes suffer.

And that moves the USA backwards to the recent past - for which Donald Trump and his ignorant mad hatters pine.

MAGA = Make America Ghastly Again

Mr.Transistor

Post by Mr.Transistor » Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:18 pm

I had my doubts when I heard this story but thought let it play out and see if they find these guys. They find them and they are from Nigeria and used to work on that show. Hmmm.... and this Jessie guy refuses to show the cops his phone...hmm, sounds like something to hide. He really helps out the cause with other accusers that have legitimate issues. Of course the Media ran with this when it first broke. What a fraud this guy is!

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:46 pm

Tickets for Smollett’s show were still available as of Tuesday afternoon, but they sold out within 48 hours of the assault being reported. Though a Friday meet-and-greet with fans was canceled for “security reasons,” there was no enhanced security presence at the show on Saturday aside from a pair of officers from the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department. Several members of the Troubadour’s security team said the venue had not hired additional security for the event.

Some attendees said they had bought tickets in a show of solidarity but left feeling energized by Smollett’s message and music.

“I don’t watch ‘Empire,’ I hadn’t listened to his music, but I really wanted to support him,” one of them, Chris Katrandjian, said after the show. “The strength he exhibited was not only admirable, it was inspiring.”
Smollett, a vocal critic of President Trump, did not perform his most outwardly political song, “F.U.W.,” which includes lyrics like “Who got the popular vote? Was the whole thing just a joke?”
Source: https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/03/arts ... ttack.html

This guy is a left wing fanatic, plain & simple.

He staged his attack for publicity and to make Trump & his supporters look bad - plain & simple.

Cannot help but wonder if his idea was inspired in part by the women who made false claims against Justice Kavanaugh.

Y M Ionhere

Post by Y M Ionhere » Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:44 pm

I cant understand hating a man-President or not- so much that you'd hurt yourself just to blame him or his fans. I knew plenty of people who loathed Obama-thought he was a left wing radical, a traitor, working to undermine the country in the name of the Islamic cause, that he hated white people, etc. None-at all-went this far. I also remember the unbridled hatred of Bush. Again-bo one went this far. I cannot comprehend people literally losing their sanity over a man theyve never met.....and yet, im actually seeing it happen.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:48 pm

You’re correct when you point to the actor’s sanity. He and Trump have something in common. They both show symptoms of mental illness.

Regarding the news media “running” with the story when it happened - it’s their jobs. As they are now running with the latest on the story. It’s their jobs. And if there’s another twist or turn or update they will run with that. It’s their jobs. Whether you or Trump or Smolett or your dog likes it or not.

Regarding Obama haters and “none at all ever going this far” - how about the congressman at the president’s first state of the union address bellowing “YOU LIE!”? Unprecedented behavior. Shocking.

And there was plenty more where that hatred came from over Obama’s entire eight years.

Get real.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic