Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Maddow Clings To Collusion, Even When MSNBC Has Given It Up

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Deleted User 4520

Maddow Clings To Collusion, Even When MSNBC Has Given It Up

Post by Deleted User 4520 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:48 pm

Don't know how reliable this source is but it sounds legit given Maddow's hatred for Trump.

https://www.facebook.com/Americanvoices ... 319362456/

Deleted User 4520

Re: Maddow Clings To Collusion, Even When MSNBC Has Given It Up

Post by Deleted User 4520 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:15 pm

Maybe Maddow and Todd can hook up...they'd be perfect together!

Y M Ionhere

Post by Y M Ionhere » Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:17 pm

Maddow is proof that "fake news" is a thing. If you expect honest, objective journalism from her, id like to sell you some prime oceanfront property in Iowa.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:04 pm

Y M Ionhere wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:17 pm
Maddow is proof that "fake news" is a thing. If you expect honest, objective journalism from her, id like to sell you some prime oceanfront property in Iowa.
She’s an opinion host... just like Chris Hayes and Lawrence O’Donnell on MSNBC,
Don Lemon, Anderson Cooper and Chris Cuomo on CNN and Tucker Carlson, Sean Hannity (who actually has declared himself, laughably, to be a journalist) and Laura Ingraham.

None of these people are journalists and none of them purport to be objective.

Y M Ionhere

Post by Y M Ionhere » Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:06 pm

NS8401 wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:04 pm
Y M Ionhere wrote:
Don Lemon, Anderson Cooper and Chris Cuomo on CNN and Tucker Carlson, Sean Hannity (who actually has declared himself, laughably, to be a journalist) and Laura Ingraham.

Im only going to disagree on one point: Hannity.on one of the rare occasions when I listened to him over the past 2 years, i actually heard him declare the opposite and say he is an opinion commentator.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:16 pm

Y M Ionhere wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:06 pm
NS8401 wrote:
Y M Ionhere wrote:

Im only going to disagree on one point: Hannity.on one of the rare occasions when I listened to him over the past 2 years, i actually heard him declare the opposite and say he is an opinion commentator.
I’ve heard him say that his show is where you get the straight truth and actual journalism and not fake news. Numerous times over the years I have heard him say he is a journalist. I have also heard what you did... he seems to change to suit the situation and his needs... he’s a slime ball.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:21 pm

This surprises you?

Liberalism is a mental disorder.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:35 am

NS8401 wrote:

I don't listen to any of them so I don't know what they claim. But my fear is way too many viewers/listeners assume they are getting "facts" from a "respected journalist". My gut says they know that and do nothing to "correct" it.

I no longer directly engage trolls

Deleted User 4520

Post by Deleted User 4520 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:12 am

These "opinion" hosts are causing more damage than good. People tune in, they take it as a fact rather than some TV personalities opinion. And with each cable news channel is a different spin. Those who watch one channel will believe what they say and those who watch something different will believe what they say. So we have millions of viewers who believe everything they hear on their respective channel. Recipe for disaster.

ZenithCKLW

Post by ZenithCKLW » Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:17 am

Agreed 100%, TheForce. Your point is even heavily reflected on this message board. Any time I hear Maddow or Hannity speak, I feel our collective (national) IQ decreasing. We just regurgitate what we hear on TV. When I discuss politics with some people, I can predict with some accuracy which direction they will take in their argument, depending on the hot op/ed talking points of the day from the cable news and internet.

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:29 am

You guys act like you aren't doing the exact same thing.
Have you seen your own threads

Music is my life.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:33 am

A little research....

Chris Hayes Wikipedia calls him a Political commentator, journalist . He calls himself a journalist on his website
Lawrence O’Donnell wiki calls him a Political analyst, television host, actor.
Don Lemon, wiki calls him a Journalist. He calls himself a news anchor. To me a news anchor is supposed to be a journalist
Anderson Cooper wiki calls him Journalist author anchor. He calls himself an anchor and correspondent.
Chris Cuomo wiki: Television journalist . He calls himself a news anchor and lists journalism awards on his website
Tucker Carlson wiki: Talk show host, commentator, columnist. Does not seem to call himself anything other than that.
Sean Hannity wiki: Radio host, television host, political commentator, author. On his web or twitter he calls himself a "host"
Laura Ingraham. wiki calls her a TV and radio host. I don't see her claiming to be a journalist.
It seems 4 of the above do call themselves journalists and/or news anchors.

I no longer directly engage trolls

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:40 am

craig11152 wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:33 am
A little research....

Chris Hayes Wikipedia calls him a Political commentator, journalist . He calls himself a journalist on his website
Lawrence O’Donnell wiki calls him a Political analyst, television host, actor.
Don Lemon, wiki calls him a Journalist. He calls himself a news anchor. To me a news anchor is supposed to be a journalist
Anderson Cooper wiki calls him Journalist author anchor. He calls himself an anchor and correspondent.
Chris Cuomo wiki: Television journalist . He calls himself a news anchor and lists journalism awards on his website
Tucker Carlson wiki: Talk show host, commentator, columnist. Does not seem to call himself anything other than that.
Sean Hannity wiki: Radio host, television host, political commentator, author. On his web or twitter he calls himself a "host"
Laura Ingraham. wiki calls her a TV and radio host. I don't see her claiming to be a journalist.
It seems 4 of the above do call themselves journalists and/or news anchors.
But then so does Hannity (even if it isn’t written down for posterity he does say it). None of the “journalists” above are really practicing at this point except maybe Cooper. They are all opinion hosts these days.

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:45 am

As I've stated many times, it's called entertainment for a reason.
It sure is working on you guys too

Music is my life.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:48 am

Maddow meanwhile is busy breaking news.

But - she’s not a journalist.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic