Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

President Trump Will Declare National Emergency

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
bmw

Re: President Trump Will Declare National Emergency

Post by bmw » Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:15 pm

Sorry but your analogy is ridiculous. Trump will be acting under a very specific statute. I cited it. If you'd like to tell me how his actions violate that statute or in what way they're on "flimsy grounds" then be my guest. Thus far I haven't seen it.

As to the hypothetical situation of a future President using the military to confiscate guns, or at a minimum, ensure that gun owners go through rigorous bg checks and screening (speaking of which I'd love to hear the logistic of exactly how that would work), there's one big difference between that and what Trump is doing - gun owners have a 2nd Amendment protecting them; illegal immigrants do not. A court would undoubtedly find that using military force to enforce gun regulations is an infringement upon the 2nd Amendment. I'm not sure what part of the Constitution using the military to build a wall to keep out invaders infringes upon.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:34 pm

bmw wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:15 pm
Sorry but your analogy is ridiculous. Trump will be acting under a very specific statute. I cited it. If you'd like to tell me how his actions violate that statute or in what way they're on "flimsy grounds" then be my guest. Thus far I haven't seen it.

As to the hypothetical situation of a future President using the military to confiscate guns, or at a minimum, ensure that gun owners go through rigorous bg checks and screening (speaking of which I'd love to hear the logistic of exactly how that would work), there's one big difference between that and what Trump is doing - gun owners have a 2nd Amendment protecting them; illegal immigrants do not. A court would undoubtedly find that using military force to enforce gun regulations is an infringement upon the 2nd Amendment. I'm not sure what part of the Constitution using the military to build a wall to keep out invaders infringes upon.
You'd be wrong. All I'm saying is if you buy into Trump's use of military rational, then there's not reason a future President couldn't have Sgt. Hardass making sure you're complying with gun laws. Oh and let's not forget, it's Trump that opened up this can of worms regarding 'national emergency". Pottery Barn rules.

BTW - ATTENTION SHOTBAWS - I have never said one word about confiscating guns. You can have your 2nd amendment fun, but it doesn't mean those of us with a mindset that the killing has to stop can't make it damn uncomfortable for you to have that fun. Legally.

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:49 pm

And all I'm saying is that you're comparing apples to oranges since the 2nd Amendment protects gun owners and there's nothing in the Constitution guaranteeing every human right of entry into the US. Now that's not to say that an outbreak of gun violence like we've never seen before couldn't theoretically constitute a national emergency, but I fail to see what actions the military could legally take under such an emergency. All Trump is doing in the current scenario is building a barrier between the U.S. and Mexico - in a sane world that wouldn't even be controversial.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:05 am

bmw wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:49 pm
And all I'm saying is that you're comparing apples to oranges since the 2nd Amendment protects gun owners and there's nothing in the Constitution guaranteeing every human right of entry into the US. Now that's not to say that an outbreak of gun violence like we've never seen before couldn't theoretically constitute a national emergency, but I fail to see what actions the military could legally take under such an emergency. All Trump is doing in the current scenario is building a barrier between the U.S. and Mexico - in a sane world that wouldn't even be controversial.
Think out of the box. You want a gun, great go to your gun store, whip out the plastic to pay for it and wait six months or a year to go pick it up at one of two military bases (I'm thinking Marks Air Force Base, Nome Alaska :Open from Nov.-Mar.: and Fort Polk in Louisiana :Open Jul.-Sept. Hold the gun shows there too.) after an extended sit-down with Gunnery Sergeant Hartman to make sure yur not crayzeeeee.

Hey man, it's a national emergency. Do it for your country.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:57 am

bmw wrote:
Reallocate money normally used for national guard training to declare martial law via a national emergency and go door to door enforcing gun laws. Check points along major roads. Problem solved. No infringement on any amendments required. Not registered? Illegal gun? Off to jail automatically without bond until your trial. This is a can of worms for you guys just as much as abolishing the filibuster in the senate is... they know someday a Democrat will be in office and what’s good for the goose is good for the gander... that’s why they are so hesitant to fire this sort of salvo... it could easily bite them in the ass...

Up until about 1980 when Carter first proposed a wall we were welcoming Mexicans and treating that border like we do Canada’s... the only fence we put up was to keep out tick infested cattle. We even encouraged 5 million Mexicans to come in during WW2 to pick produce... this crazy rabid anti-immigrant stuff is nice and new... the previous major flare up was in the early to mid 1920’s...

None of you guys who so badly want a wall seem to care that most of the problem is visa overstays (legal becoming illegal) rather than people sneaking across the southern border... this is probably why people on the freakin border itself are less alarmed about the situation then folks thousands of miles away in places with few immigrants like Michigan, Ohio, Indiana etc... you’ve been suckered sorry.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:06 am

NS8401 wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:57 am
bmw wrote:
Reallocate money normally used for national guard training to declare martial law via a national emergency and go door to door enforcing gun laws. Check points along major roads. Problem solved. No infringement on any amendments required. Not registered? Illegal gun? Off to jail automatically without bond until your trial. This is a can of worms for you guys just as much as abolishing the filibuster in the senate is... they know someday a Democrat will be in office and what’s good for the goose is good for the gander... that’s why they are so hesitant to fire this sort of salvo... it could easily bite them in the ass...

Up until about 1980 when Carter first proposed a wall we were welcoming Mexicans and treating that border like we do Canada’s... the only fence we put up was to keep out tick infested cattle. We even encouraged 5 million Mexicans to come in during WW2 to pick produce... this crazy rabid anti-immigrant stuff is nice and new... the previous major flare up was in the early to mid 1920’s...

None of you guys who so badly want a wall seem to care that most of the problem is visa overstays (legal becoming illegal) rather than people sneaking across the southern border... this is probably why people on the freakin border itself are less alarmed about the situation then folks thousands of miles away in places with few immigrants like Michigan, Ohio, Indiana etc... you’ve been suckered sorry.
That's the thing. There's a thousand ways this shitstorm can blow right back in their faces and they don't see a one of them.
Just a singular low frequency mantra: Walllllll

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:57 am

Music is my life.

Deleted User 4520

Post by Deleted User 4520 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:19 am

I was listening to a program on WJR last night. It was said that if he signs this bill for border security then there is no emergency and therefore hurts his case to declare a emergency at the border. I feel that a pandora's box is being opened. Now on the BBC they said when there is another democrat president they could use these same executive powers for gun control. There'd be a civil war! Nancy needs to get off her high horse and STOP trying to roadblock everything the president does just because she hates him. Impeach Nancy! She is NOT looking out for her country but rather herself and fellow dems. Not cool.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:34 am

TheForce wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:19 am
I was listening to a program on WJR last night. It was said that if he signs this bill for border security then there is no emergency and therefore hurts his case to declare a emergency at the border. I feel that a pandora's box is being opened. Now on the BBC they said when there is another democrat president they could use these same executive powers for gun control. There'd be a civil war! Nancy needs to get off her high horse and STOP trying to roadblock everything the president does just because she hates him. Impeach Nancy! She is NOT looking out for her country but rather herself and fellow dems. Not cool.
That Pandora’s box (obstruction) was opened when the GOP assumed power in Congress in 2010 and refused to work with Obama despite repeated (and frankly too many) olive branches from Obama for bipartisanship... what’s good for the goose is good for the gander... get it now? Same with a national emergency...
One of the hypotheticals I heard this morning:
Mass shootings are a national emergency, and the Second Amendment reads: "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." Consequently, on day one of my presidency, I will issue an executive order requiring all gun purchasers to file an affidavit with the government giving the name and address of the militia of which they are a member and then will let the courts determine if that militia is well-regulated or not.
That’s the box you open based on a made up emergency and it plays the second amendment like a fiddle... this is as dumb a plan as it gets strategically... coming from a guy without a strategy of any kind that makes sense... get it now?

Deleted User 12047

Post by Deleted User 12047 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:37 am

Ooh, I love this.
Some Right Wing apologist wrote:Nancy needs to get off her high horse and STOP trying to roadblock everything the president does just because she hates him.Impeach Nancy! She is NOT looking out for her country but rather herself and fellow dems. Not cool.
Let me fix that for you...
What we should have done a few years ago is wrote:McConnell needs to get off his high horse and STOP trying to roadblock everything the previous president did just because he hates him. Impeach Mitch! He is NOT looking out for his country but rather himself and fellow reps. Not cool.
He even admitted that's what he did. Political system is broken, don't blame either side for trying to make it work to their advantage.

Deleted User 14888

Post by Deleted User 14888 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:08 am

TheForce wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:19 am
Was it Mark Levin? I love Mark Levin , Great program, Savage is cool also the only reasons I tune in to The Big 76.

Deleted User 4520

Post by Deleted User 4520 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:44 am

I'm not really sure. I just know it was on at night. It's actually been a very long time since I tuned into WJR.
Was it Mark Levin? I love Mark Levin , Great program, Savage is cool also the only reasons I tune in to The Big 76.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:53 am

You do realize that what you are viewing is a narcissist and a loser who is struggling to admit he's got a stupid idea and it isn't going to happen. He's throwing every piece of junk he can at trying to build this stupid thing just so that his toothless followers have something to hold onto from his ridiculous presidency.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:01 pm

Ding, ding, ding, ding, Ding! We have a winner! TC Talks is correct!

He wins the car!!

Wait until the US Supreme Court has to ultimately decide this Emergency Declaration case. They’ll review Trump’s own well documented admission that he “didn’t have to” declare an emergency. He instead did it to “speed” the process of building his wall - which most Americans don’t want nor want to fund.

The Banana Republican Dictator is laughably blowing his tin horn. To no avail.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:02 am

Kavanaugh might support it but I know a number of conservatives justices who will throw it away.

The fool admitted he didn't need to do it.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic