Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Decreased reception of Toledo TV north of Toledo

A place to go for those of you who wish to discuss happenings in OH, IN, IL, WI, and Ontario. OSU sucks, by the way.
mtburb
Location: Wyandotte, 17 miles from Southfield, 38 miles from Oregon

Decreased reception of Toledo TV north of Toledo

Post by mtburb » Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:44 pm

There had been a similar thread in 2016, but I didn't feel like bumping that.

Since December of last year, I have not been able to receive any of the Toledo TV stations. I last received WTVG then, WNWO when they turned off their RF 49 transmitter and WTOL was around November/December too. WUPW was last received by me too long ago. As of right now not even WGTE can be received. Are they all simultaneously having transmitter issues or did they simply actually decrease their power?

My furthest DTV tropo: KDKA Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania at 202 miles for three days in January 2017 and a night in September 2017 with only an Antennas Direct C2V!

Current setup: Antennas Direct C2Max (2018-present)

WOHO

Re: Decreased reception of Toledo TV north of Toledo

Post by WOHO » Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:50 am

EnbyCee, you have greatly overrated Cowboy's member, but it is a viable consideration. I really hate the 'too low' digital power maps that some high school made for the FCC showing the putrid HDTV power levels providing the same coverage as their former analog selves. Every HDTV station could use a 3dB boost without interference issues, IMO. Sufficient power for current HDTV, yeah, If anybody believes that, then a reality TV show host could become president some day...ooops

mtburb
Location: Wyandotte, 17 miles from Southfield, 38 miles from Oregon

Post by mtburb » Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:28 pm

An update, I was just able to receive WGTE.

Side note: Maybe I should've posted this in the Engineering & DX'ing board.

My furthest DTV tropo: KDKA Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania at 202 miles for three days in January 2017 and a night in September 2017 with only an Antennas Direct C2V!

Current setup: Antennas Direct C2Max (2018-present)

Deleted User 14888

Post by Deleted User 14888 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:36 pm

So it wasn’t Cowboy or the member causing reception issues after all, Well it’s time to close the books on this case.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic