All new acct registrations in the queue as of 7/14 at 10:00a ET have been activated. Want to share your favorite Buzzboard posts with your social media page readers? Now, there's an easy way to do it! Visit this page for instructions: viewtopic.php?f=39&t=47643

(Note: hover your mouse pointer near the upper right corner of this box and click the "x" to close it.)

Free Press does hit job on Kid Rock and then publicly whines about not getting press credentials!!!

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
User avatar
MWmetalhead
Site Admin
Posts: 5425
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2004 11:23 am

Free Press does hit job on Kid Rock and then publicly whines about not getting press credentials!!!

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:53 pm

Just when ya think the Detroit Free Press cannot sink any lower...

http://www.freep.com/story/news/local/m ... 657462001/

The paper went out of its way to prominently feature an outright assassination of Kid Rock's character and values in both its print & online editions.

MASSIVE headline on the front page of the Sunday paper. Stephen Henderson in his column proceeds to level a diatribe loaded with vicious commentary about Kid Rock. Basically says Kid Rock should not be allowed to ever play at LCA. Accuses him of being a despicable human being, more or less.

Look, I think Kid Rock is a bit of a douche. I don't like how he conducts himself at times. I haven't liked any of the music he's put out in the last 15 years with perhaps the exception of two or three songs.

However, what the Free Press wrote was completely over-the-top and out of line. They weren't that vicious in speaking of Kwame. They weren't that vicious in speaking of the assholes responsible for the Flint Water Crisis. Or Charles Pugh. Yet, they express such an extreme level of anger toward Kid Rock, of all people?

The fact the Freep expected press credentials to cover his concert after running such a vicious hit piece is nothing short of hysterical.

I bet the folks at the Freep had multiple orgasms when Wahlburgers opened their gimmicky restaurant in downtown Detroit. Mark Wahlberg engaged in gang activities in his youth and committed hate crimes. Where is the Free Press's outrage toward him? It took Mr. Wahlberg until 2016 to apologize to the victim of one of his most well known criminal incidents.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/go ... story.html
http://defamer.gawker.com/here-are-othe ... 1668011058


R.I.P. Vinnie Paul Abbott (March 11, 1964 – June 22, 2018)

Y M Ionhere
Posts: 257
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:31 pm
Location: Where the sun no longer shines

Re: Free Press does hit job on Kid Rock and then publicly whines about not getting press credentials!!!

Post by Y M Ionhere » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:49 pm

Stephen Henderson has gotten more and more zealous and extreme with his racial posturing. I would love to one day ask him, "if our society is so racist, how did YOU end up at the top spot in the editorial department". But I wont, because I dont need a similar diatribe from him.
Has he ever spoken out against the destructive messages in hip hop that set a poor example for black youth? Womanizing, smoking blunts, gunfights, etc?



User avatar
audiophile
Posts: 5207
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2004 9:21 pm
Location: Between 88 and 108 MHz.

Re: Free Press does hit job on Kid Rock and then publicly whines about not getting press credentials!!!

Post by audiophile » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:07 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:53 pm
Just when ya think the Detroit Free Press cannot sink any lower...

http://www.freep.com/story/news/local/m ... 657462001/

The paper went out of its way to prominently feature an outright assassination of Kid Rock's character and values in both its print & online editions.

MASSIVE headline on the front page of the Sunday paper. Stephen Henderson in his column proceeds to level a diatribe loaded with vicious commentary about Kid Rock. Basically says Kid Rock should not be allowed to ever play at LCA. Accuses him of being a despicable human being, more or less.

Look, I think Kid Rock is a bit of a douche. I don't like how he conducts himself at times. I haven't liked any of the music he's put out in the last 15 years with perhaps the exception of two or three songs.

However, what the Free Press wrote was completely over-the-top and out of line. They weren't that vicious in speaking of Kwame. They weren't that vicious in speaking of the assholes responsible for the Flint Water Crisis. Or Charles Pugh. Yet, they express such an extreme level of anger toward Kid Rock, of all people?

The fact the Freep expected press credentials to cover his concert after running such a vicious hit piece is nothing short of hysterical.

I bet the folks at the Freep had multiple orgasms when Wahlburgers opened their gimmicky restaurant in downtown Detroit. Mark Wahlberg engaged in gang activities in his youth and committed hate crimes. Where is the Free Press's outrage toward him? It took Mr. Wahlberg until 2016 to apologize to the victim of one of his most well known criminal incidents.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/go ... story.html
http://defamer.gawker.com/here-are-othe ... 1668011058
You were expecting something different in the Detroit Creep?


Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

User avatar
MWmetalhead
Site Admin
Posts: 5425
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2004 11:23 am

Re: Free Press does hit job on Kid Rock and then publicly whines about not getting press credentials!!!

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:57 pm

Has he ever spoken out against the destructive messages in hip hop that set a poor example for black youth? Womanizing, smoking blunts, gunfights, etc?
Great question. Would love to know the answer to that. I do not read his material on a regular basis, so I wouldn't know.


R.I.P. Vinnie Paul Abbott (March 11, 1964 – June 22, 2018)

User avatar
TheForce
Posts: 926
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 6:12 pm

Re: Free Press does hit job on Kid Rock and then publicly whines about not getting press credentials!!!

Post by TheForce » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:45 am

Not a Kid Rock fan. Would have rather seen Eminem open with the first concert.



User avatar
audiophile
Posts: 5207
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2004 9:21 pm
Location: Between 88 and 108 MHz.

Re: Free Press does hit job on Kid Rock and then publicly whines about not getting press credentials!!!

Post by audiophile » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:56 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:57 pm
Has he ever spoken out against the destructive messages in hip hop that set a poor example for black youth? Womanizing, smoking blunts, gunfights, etc?
Great question. Would love to know the answer to that. I do not read his material on a regular basis, so I wouldn't know.
I did a little research, that Henderson guy is a massive hack:
http://www.truthrevolt.org/news/pulitze ... -lawmakers
http://www.deadlinedetroit.com/articles ... bkN7biHpHE
http://www.theblaze.com/news/2016/06/08 ... ve-to-die/


Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

kjblaze
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:17 pm

Re: Free Press does hit job on Kid Rock and then publicly whines about not getting press credentials!!!

Post by kjblaze » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:37 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:53 pm
Just when ya think the Detroit Free Press cannot sink any lower...

http://www.freep.com/story/news/local/m ... 657462001/

The paper went out of its way to prominently feature an outright assassination of Kid Rock's character and values in both its print & online editions.

MASSIVE headline on the front page of the Sunday paper. Stephen Henderson in his column proceeds to level a diatribe loaded with vicious commentary about Kid Rock. Basically says Kid Rock should not be allowed to ever play at LCA. Accuses him of being a despicable human being, more or less.

Look, I think Kid Rock is a bit of a douche. I don't like how he conducts himself at times. I haven't liked any of the music he's put out in the last 15 years with perhaps the exception of two or three songs.

However, what the Free Press wrote was completely over-the-top and out of line. They weren't that vicious in speaking of Kwame. They weren't that vicious in speaking of the assholes responsible for the Flint Water Crisis. Or Charles Pugh. Yet, they express such an extreme level of anger toward Kid Rock, of all people?

The fact the Freep expected press credentials to cover his concert after running such a vicious hit piece is nothing short of hysterical.

I bet the folks at the Freep had multiple orgasms when Wahlburgers opened their gimmicky restaurant in downtown Detroit. Mark Wahlberg engaged in gang activities in his youth and committed hate crimes. Where is the Free Press's outrage toward him? It took Mr. Wahlberg until 2016 to apologize to the victim of one of his most well known criminal incidents.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/go ... story.html
http://defamer.gawker.com/here-are-othe ... 1668011058
They might as well go tabloid style complete with stories of Angelina Jolie and the Kardashians.



User avatar
ZenithCKLW
Posts: 183
Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2004 11:21 am
Location: Livonia, MI

Re: Free Press does hit job on Kid Rock and then publicly whines about not getting press credentials!!!

Post by ZenithCKLW » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:59 am

I already knew about the Henderson piece, and thought it did nothing but ignite the flames, regardless of which side of the political issue I fall on. I was reading the Free Press yesterday, and saw all the headlines and thought to myself "looks like the Free Press is at war with Kid Rock." Then I read another op-ed from some "Life" columnist who wrote a piece about how the Made-In-Detroit clothing line is old and "just needs to go". I thought to myself, wait a minute, doesn't Kid Rock own that clothing line? The article didn't mention any ties between the clothing line and Kid Rock. I thought it was a low blow for the Free Press.

Regardless of how much you like or dislike Kid Rock, I feel like this is a manufactured war between the two, or at least not where all the activists' energy should be expended.



jsf
Posts: 221
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:06 am

Re: Free Press does hit job on Kid Rock and then publicly whines about not getting press credentials!!!

Post by jsf » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:19 pm

How much coverage would it get if Beyonce was doing the show and people were protesting her political views?



dm00n
Posts: 84
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:51 am
Location: Metro Detroit

Re: Free Press does hit job on Kid Rock and then publicly whines about not getting press credentials!!!

Post by dm00n » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:36 pm

Even though his campaign seems like it is probably a joke, he is polling well against Stabenow. I think it explains the Freep going after him.



SolidGoldDancers
Posts: 84
Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2005 9:03 pm

Re: Free Press does hit job on Kid Rock and then publicly whines about not getting press credentials!!!

Post by SolidGoldDancers » Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:59 pm

Y M Ionhere wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:49 pm
Stephen Henderson has gotten more and more zealous and extreme with his racial posturing. I would love to one day ask him, "if our society is so racist, how did YOU end up at the top spot in the editorial department". But I wont, because I dont need a similar diatribe from him.
Has he ever spoken out against the destructive messages in hip hop that set a poor example for black youth? Womanizing, smoking blunts, gunfights, etc?
A black man working as the editor of a newspaper does not signal the end of racism.



User avatar
audiophile
Posts: 5207
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2004 9:21 pm
Location: Between 88 and 108 MHz.

Re: Free Press does hit job on Kid Rock and then publicly whines about not getting press credentials!!!

Post by audiophile » Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:26 pm

SolidGoldDancers wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:59 pm

A black man working as the editor of a newspaper does not signal the end of racism.
Correct. It might be the "new" beginning of it...


Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

radiodoc
Posts: 188
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:40 pm

Re: Free Press does hit job on Kid Rock and then publicly whines about not getting press credentials!!!

Post by radiodoc » Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:46 pm

blackcowboybrady64 wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:49 am
mwmetalhead,WHAT CHARACTER???Ritchie can't spell "character," nor does he possess it.He's a third-rate hack who has blown through three musical genres and gotten stinking rich because many people today can't identify REAL music.Plus,he's pandering to the three-teethed,Rebel Traitor/Slavery/Rape/Murder/LOSER Rag-flying,wearing,racist types who have recently slithered out from under their rocks because of your current
"President!!!!"
Robert Ritchie or Kid Rock... is a phenomenally generous man who gives back ten fold to the city of Detroit and charity. Not that he EVER discusses that with anyone. Which, by the way, is what a person with good character does.
Just because you're a bigot and make judgments about him without even knowing him personally says a great deal to me about your "character." You do nothing but come on this board and spew hatred for whomever you fantasize about.

Here's a suggestion: why don't you try being nice for once. It might bring you good fortune.



User avatar
JD
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2004 11:36 am
Location: Tatooine
Contact:

Re: Free Press does hit job on Kid Rock and then publicly whines about not getting press credentials!!!

Post by JD » Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:59 pm

I had to stop reading at "...outright assassination of Kid Rock's character..." I was laughing so hard. Kid Rock is a character that has shown little character.

Frankly, I think there are much better targets than Kid Rock. But, he made himself a (bigger) target with all this Senate BS. He dumped the Confederate flag years ago - and that should've been the end of it. He sells tickets - that should be the end of it.

The guy doesn't live in Detroit anymore. He grew up a bullied, spoiled rich kid in Romeo. He's a gifted performer and musician - I've seen him more times than I care to admit, but have little interest in his current musical direction.

His current redneck persona has little to do with Detroit proper - I'd also wager that the majority of the crowd he's drawn to Little Caesars Arena isn't from Detroit proper, either. But, that's not the point - the point is that he brought them in - six nights worth of shows and he is to many, a representation of Detroit.

In the end, I recognize the idea behind these protests. I find them futile, in not a bit silly. There are better targets.


[color=#FF0000]______________________
...just trying to be,
JD

[size=75][i]"I'm the quickest of the slow learners!"
- Mike Teutul -[/i][/size][/color]

Y M Ionhere
Posts: 257
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:31 pm
Location: Where the sun no longer shines

Re: Free Press does hit job on Kid Rock and then publicly whines about not getting press credentials!!!

Post by Y M Ionhere » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:09 pm

JD wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:59 pm
I had to stop reading at "...outright assassination of Kid Rock's character..." I was laughing so hard. Kid Rock is a character that has shown little character.

Frankly, I think there are much better targets than Kid Rock. But, he made himself a (bigger) target with all this Senate BS. He dumped the Confederate flag years ago - and that should've been the end of it. He sells tickets - that should be the end of it.

The guy doesn't live in Detroit anymore. He grew up a bullied, spoiled rich kid in Romeo. He's a gifted performer and musician - I've seen him more times than I care to admit, but have little interest in his current musical direction.

His current redneck persona has little to do with Detroit proper - I'd also wager that the majority of the crowd he's drawn to Little Caesars Arena isn't from Detroit proper, either. But, that's not the point - the point is that he brought them in - six nights worth of shows and he is to many, a representation of Detroit.

In the end, I recognize the idea behind these protests. I find them futile, in not a bit silly. There are better targets.
Actually, the last I heard, he lived a few doors down from the Manoogian mansion.....in Detroit proper.



User avatar
Vic Doucette
Posts: 315
Joined: Fri Nov 26, 2004 9:06 am
Location: Metro Detroit
Contact:

Re: Free Press does hit job on Kid Rock and then publicly whines about not getting press credentials!!!

Post by Vic Doucette » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:24 am

This is just red meat for his fans. He only cares about their opinion of him; after all, they're the ones who made him richer than he was.

He didn't stop the Freep from covering the concert; he was only able to prevent them from bringing in computers and a camera. So, the paper bought wire photos from the Associated Press, and the reporter covered the show the old-fashioned way, with a pen and a notepad. Story published, problem solved.

He's always been a whiny little bitch about unfavorable media coverage. When I started at Metro Times, his first recordings were coming out. We liked them and said so. We were his friends.

Later, we criticized his work and some elements of his high-profile personal life. He then cut off our access.

He can dish it out, but he can't take it. The spoiled little rich kid has become a spoiled little middle-aged man.

I'll believe he's running for office when he files the legal paperwork -- not a minute before.


Support The Miracle League of Michigan -- because EVERY child deserves the chance to play baseball!
Visit www.michiganmiracle.org

User avatar
JD
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2004 11:36 am
Location: Tatooine
Contact:

Re: Free Press does hit job on Kid Rock and then publicly whines about not getting press credentials!!!

Post by JD » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:36 am

Y M Ionhere wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:09 pm
Actually, the last I heard, he lived a few doors down from the Manoogian mansion.....in Detroit proper.
He owns a house in Detroit near Manoogian. But, he's been a Nashville resident for some time now (he owns many properties). You might recall last year when his personal assistant was killed in an ATV accident on his property or the multiple articles last year of him boasting about the double wide trailer he's been living in down in Tennessee.


[color=#FF0000]______________________
...just trying to be,
JD

[size=75][i]"I'm the quickest of the slow learners!"
- Mike Teutul -[/i][/size][/color]

Claymed
Posts: 58
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:10 am

Re: Free Press does hit job on Kid Rock and then publicly whines about not getting press credentials!!!

Post by Claymed » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:44 pm

Actually, while Kid Rock still owns property in Tennessee, he doesn't live there anymore - He moved to Alabama about a year ago



NS8401
Posts: 8296
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:06 pm

Re: Free Press does hit job on Kid Rock and then publicly whines about not getting press credentials!!!

Post by NS8401 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:48 pm

Claymed wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:44 pm
Actually, while Kid Rock still owns property in Tennessee, he doesn't live there anymore - He moved to Alabama about a year ago
I think Alabama is more his speed...



Post Reply Previous topicNext topic