Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

How To Fill The Morning Gig on The Breeze

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
non-anon bob

How To Fill The Morning Gig on The Breeze

Post by non-anon bob » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:04 am

Let's make it a "Radio Idol" contest! ...Select one contestant (98th caller) per day for 2 weeks (total of 10 contestants)...Then, for the next 2 weeks, each contestant gets to co-host one morning with Tim Roberts. Then, the following Monday morning, the voting goes from 6am to midnight, and the winner is announced on the show the next morning...or, maybe, give Tim a break to do his other duties, and select the top 2 contestants to co-host the show permanently?! :D

...and NOW, Ladies & Gentlemen...The Next Poster!
...CKLW, the Motor City...

Deleted User 14888

Re: How To Fill The Morning Gig on The Breeze

Post by Deleted User 14888 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:56 pm

Outstanding idea, This Kid is right on target, Great for station promotion and great for Entercom they don’t have to pay a big salary for a well known personality, And it gets the word out about the station, If I were still in the biz, I would hire you in a Detroit minute. GREAT IDEA! Who ever you are. You know I’m sure there are a few people on The Buzzboard that would be happy to give it a try, I can think of at least two but I won’t mention names because I don’t namedrop, But you young people know Who I’m thinking of, Someone should pass this along to Tim at The Breeze, I don’t know him but some of you do. At least GIVE IT SHOT, And keep us all posted.

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:31 pm

I have to admit, I like this. It's something different and exciting.

But remember, this is corporate radio guys.

These kind of stunts would have worked 30 years ago, but unfortunately the times have changed... a lot

EDIT:
I just realized 30 years ago would be 89. YIKES.
Okay, 40 years ago. Lol

Music is my life.

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:44 pm

But.. if we are just talking for fun here and non business related..
Then it won't hurt for me to jump in lol!

This is the best idea I have heard for a morning show ever!

Interactive public involvement like this is what is missing in today's radio business.
A great way for youngsters like me to get their career started and a way for excited soccer moms to get their 15 minutes of fame :lol

I sure wish I was alive back in the 60s and 70s to have been a part of the way radio should be today.
Back when people owned stations, not corporations.

I love when stations like to be interactive with the audience. Get them engaged. Get their opinions.
The consumer IS the listener after all! The consumers should be the one who have a say in what product they want!

Music is my life.

MrTaterSalad

Post by MrTaterSalad » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:15 pm

What's wrong with just hiring Chris Edmonds and pairing him with Lisa Jesswin, Rene Vitale or Sandy Kovach? People who are trained professionals who know how morning radio should be executed?

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:30 pm

EXACTLY.

Heck i would be satisfied with that lineup without Lisa Barry or Linda Lanci.

I would definitely listen to that crew.

I've been thinking that maybe the reason they still have not got a morning show is because they actually are trying to secure a big name like Edmonds

Music is my life.

Deleted User 14888

Post by Deleted User 14888 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:38 pm

stopnswop2 wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:31 pm
I have to admit, I like this. It's something different and exciting.

But remember, this is corporate radio guys.

These kind of stunts would have worked 30 years ago, but unfortunately the times have changed... a lot

EDIT:
I just realized 30 years ago would be 89. YIKES.
Okay, 40 years ago. Lol
Sam, You don’t know what could happen, You should at least have someone or yourself get a hold of Tim and a least mention it. Like The Rolling Stones sang “You Can’t Always Get What You Want” But you can always try.
Last edited by Deleted User 14888 on Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:42 pm

Well, he probably saw this thread already. He does read all this you know. Lol

Music is my life.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic