Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

News From Niceville

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Turkeytop

News From Niceville

Post by Turkeytop » Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:14 pm

The law and dumpster diving: 7 odd Niceville PD calls

Niceville Police Department officers responded to the following calls over the last four weeks.

Oct. 27: A woman called the police about someone driving a white Ford pickup truck and stealing a plant. The homeowners association did not want to press charges, and video evidence was inconclusive.

Oct. 31: A member of the staff at Twin Cities Hospital called requesting assistance with a large male possibly checking into the ER. He was walking around and had been seen drinking hand sanitizer before. Emergency personnel could not contain him.

Oct. 31: A man called the police saying his car was vandalized in the driveway either overnight or in the early morning. The words “f--- you” were written several times on the trunk and lightly carved on the hood. The man had no idea who could have done it.

Nov. 3: A man called the police wanting to know his rights as a dumpster diver. He said someone keeps giving him a hard time when he tries to take trash off the road. The police told him if it was abandoned by the road, he could claim it. He said a man came up to him and cursed at him. Once he knew it was OK, he would go back “to get food.”

Nov. 8: A woman called the police saying she was scammed out of $300 by downloading an app in order to buy a phone from someone in Chicago. The person never showed up with the phone.

Nov. 9: A white pig was seen walking around near Burger King. When officers got there, the pig was gone.

Nov. 11: A woman called the police about a man who wouldn’t leave the Taco Bell drive thru. He walked up to the drive thru, and the cashiers told him they couldn’t take orders from walk-ups. He refused to leave and was being belligerent and taking pictures of the clerks. He then ran to Comfort Suites next door. He told officers he wouldn’t return, he just wanted food. He said an employee took his phone and threw it, which was seen in video surveillance. The man said he would handle the situation civilly through Taco Bell’s corporate office.

https://www.nwfdailynews.com/news/20181 ... e-pd-calls

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Turkeytop

Re: News From Niceville

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:00 pm

Elderly Gun Enthusiast Asserts His Second Amendment Rights

BLOTTER: Give me the bird finger? How do you like my Glock!

NICEVILLE ― You’re never too old for road rage, it seems.

A 72-year-old Niceville man was busted for flashing a Glock at another driver during a road rage incident, the Niceville Police Department reports.

The incident happened on State Road 20 on Nov. 6.

According to his arrest report, the defendant was driving west on S.R. 20 when something happened – the report didn’t say what – and he and the driver of another vehicle became angry with one another. The defendant told officers the other driver threatened him by shaking his fist at him and giving him the “bird finger.”

That prompted the defendant to pull out a Model 22 .40-caliber Glock and flash it at them, according to the wife of the alleged victim.

Police officers stopped the defendant on Redwood Avenue, where they searched the car and found the Glock with a loaded magazine and the slide pulled back in a locked position.

The elderly driver was charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon without intent to kill.

He has a Dec. 19 court date.
https://www.nwfdailynews.com/news/20181 ... e-my-glock

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:51 am

In regards to that ER patient, hand sanitizer is mighty tasty

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:30 pm

Car sought after drive-by shooting in Niceville

NICEVILLE — Police are asking for the public’s help in locating a vehicle involved in a drive-by shooting early Friday.

The Niceville Police Department received a call at 1:24 a.m. about a woman who had been shot in the abdomen. Investigators later learned the woman was shot while driving west on John Sims Parkway near the Regions Bank, according to a news release from the Police Department.

The suspect vehicle, thought to be a gray sedan with black rims, was also heading west and left the scene after someone shot the woman. The woman was able to stop her vehicle safely, the release said.

She was taken to Fort Walton Beach Medical Center and was listed in stable condition.

Police are unsure of the motive for the shooting or how many people were in the sedan.

Shot? or Not?

https://www.nwfdailynews.com/news/20181 ... -niceville

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:24 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:30 pm
Car sought after drive-by shooting in Niceville

NICEVILLE — Police are asking for the public’s help in locating a vehicle involved in a drive-by shooting early Friday.

The Niceville Police Department received a call at 1:24 a.m. about a woman who had been shot in the abdomen. Investigators later learned the woman was shot while driving west on John Sims Parkway near the Regions Bank, according to a news release from the Police Department.

The suspect vehicle, thought to be a gray sedan with black rims, was also heading west and left the scene after someone shot the woman. The woman was able to stop her vehicle safely, the release said.

She was taken to Fort Walton Beach Medical Center and was listed in stable condition.

Police are unsure of the motive for the shooting or how many people were in the sedan.

Shot? or Not?

https://www.nwfdailynews.com/news/20181 ... -niceville
Police are having a wheel of a time catching this rolling criminal...

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:22 pm

Fort Walton Beach is ten miles from Niceville

Man arrested, says he likes to ‘look at people’

FORT WALTON BEACH — After responding to a complaint of a man following juveniles in the Lovejoy Road area, the Okaloosa County Sheriff’s Office charged the suspicious individual with loitering and prowling.

Donald Anderson, a 67-year-old from Warner Robins, Georgia, told an OCSO deputy he has been staying at the Rocky Bayou State Park outside Niceville but “enjoys driving in low income areas to look at people.”

A deputy was called to Poplar Street Sunday morning by a 15-year old girl who said she had seen a man riding repeatedly through the area in a red Chevrolet Astro van since early January. She said he was offering other children cookies and candy, however on this day she noticed he was following her so she snapped a photo of his license plate.

While the deputy was on scene, a 16-year old girl arrived and said on Martin Luther King, Jr. Day the same man followed her and a friend, offering them cookies and candy. She also stated she saw him talking with other children between the ages of 6 and 10.

While taking the statements, the deputy spotted Anderson in his red van driving his direction and made contact.

Anderson claimed he was trying to take a shortcut through the area to go to Santa Rosa Mall and had only been in the area once. After learning there was a photo of him there earlier that same day, Anderson said he may have been there earlier, and three or four times in the last month. He said he is a people watcher and only drives around looking at people.

The OCSO deputy arrested Anderson after determining he was prowling in a place and in a manner not usual for law-abiding individuals, under circumstances that warrant a reasonable alarm for the safety of children.
https://www.nwfdailynews.com/news/20190 ... -at-people

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:42 pm

Wait do you live in Niceville?

Music is my life.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:56 pm

stopnswop2 wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:42 pm
Wait do you live in Niceville?
Seminole. About 445 miles from Niceville

HD74

Post by HD74 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:48 pm

I like the map, can you add one to the Detroit pizza place shooting thread? I did determine how far it was from Niceville. Thanks.

You're never too old to learn something stupid.

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:07 pm

Pretty far. Lol.

Music is my life.

Calvert DeForest

Post by Calvert DeForest » Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:13 am

Hmm....seems I watched a creepy film in kindergarten about just this very scenario.

Shortwave is the ORIGINAL satellite radio.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:55 pm

Popular grill to open its doors in Niceville

NICEVILLE — If you type the word “Pounders” into the Google search bar, you might see the word “Niceville” pop up.

That isn’t a trick from Google made to crush hopes and dreams. Pounders Hawaiian Grill plans to open a second restaurant at the corner of State Road 285 and Palm Boulevard at the end of February.

Luke Leitschuck, the manager of Pounders in Crestview, said the consensus from the community is that people are extremely excited and ready for the new eatery to open.

“We take phone calls now once a day asking if (the Niceville location) opened,” Leitschuck said.

Dora Cawood, the Niceville property’s leasing agent, said the community looks forward to Pounders’ arrival.

“We’re all excited,” Cawood said. “We can taste it now.”

The restaurant’s beginnings date back to the summer of 2015. Pounders’ owner Kakela Peters purchased a food truck, moved to Crestview and opened Pounders Hawaiian Grill on wheels.

Two years later, the restaurant moved from the truck into a storefront on the north side of town.

Leitschuck said the owner envisioned expanding, and Niceville seemed to be the perfect spot.

“We have a really awesome owner who’s good at dreaming and making his dreams come to life,” Leitschuck said.

Pounders offers Hawaiian-style plates that include teriyaki steak and chicken, Kahlua pig or garlic chicken portioned with sides choices of macaroni salad, white rice or greens.

“We pride ourselves on fast, excellent service, and that’s still the concept (in Niceville),” Leitschuck said.

The restaurant is hiring for its new location. Positions include cooks, cashiers and general staff. Leitschuck said those interested in applying can visit the restaurant’s website to fill out an application.

https://www.nwfdailynews.com/news/20190 ... -niceville

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:28 pm

Im confused about your obsession with this city.
Lol

Music is my life.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:49 pm

The News from Niceville thread goes back a few years. Regrettably, it was lost in the hack last fall and I had to start it over. The general theme is that Niceville often doesn't live up to its name.

Niceville is one of those Florida towns that seem to generate more than their share of wierd Florida news.

One of my favorites was the guy who drove his new live in partner to the park to meet his ex wife. When they got in to a face slapping, clothes ripping bitch fight, he drove off and left them there.

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:51 am

Sounds like wackyville.
Lmao

Music is my life.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic