Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Democrats call on Virginia governor to resign.

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: Democrats call on Virginia governor to resign.

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:59 pm

What the f*ck type of collegiate institution would even allow such a distasteful picture to appear in its yearbook ?!?!

For the record, I don't think the photo means it's a forgone conclusion this man is racist. I think it's more likely that this was a regrettable attempt at shock humor.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:08 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:59 pm
What the f*ck type of collegiate institution would even allow such a distasteful picture to appear in its yearbook ?!?!
Proof of what I said - that things were very different in 1984. This photo probably wasn't particularly shocking at that time.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:10 pm

BTW, Congressman Steve King absolutely should resign.

One doesn't make the type of verbal slip-up he made unless one truly believes those things.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:28 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:

For the record, I don't think the photo means it's a forgone conclusion this man is racist. I think it's more likely that this was a regrettable attempt at shock humor.
It's actually encouraging to see how we have progressed in 25 years.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:44 pm

Ok, now I'm fine with him resigning, though this time for lying. NOW he claims that it is not him in the photo.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/pol ... topstories

Uh huh. After just last night you apologized for being in the photo. Now you say you weren't even at the party where the photo was taken? BS. Otherwise he wouldn't have chosen that particular photo for his yearbook.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:52 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Ahhhh... one that is physically and culturally still south of the Mason-Dixon line?

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:48 pm

I don't think he's going to last. He is not credible. Hell, driving a Corvette is bad enough.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:50 pm

bmw wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:42 am
TC Talks wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:15 am
...But imagine if he was a Republican? White lives matter would appear and you wouldn't hear a peep from anyone about resigning...
Oh, you want to play that game, eh? Where were the democrat mobs asking Al Franken to resign over this?

They did. Democrats ate him alive and he resigned. The me too folks tarred and feathered his ass into the ground in short order. $1,000,000 they weren’t rabid republicans...

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:03 am

Anderson Cooper and CNN were so perplexed that Northam is a Democrat and they aren't able to MF a Republican, the segment where Northam issued an apology, the CNN chyron identified him as a Republican.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:34 am

At his military school the yearbook states his nickname was “Coonman”

Later, at his medical school (when he’s a 25 year old man) the yearbook includes an alleged self-selected, and undeniably racist photo of a person in black face next to a person in a KKK get up including the cowardly KKK hood

That same year, he wins a contest dancing as Michael Jackson in shoe-polished black face

When he’s busted Friday - he admits he’s in said photo but won’t acknowledge whether he’s the person in black face or the hood

The next day at a press conference he has prepared a new response which includes:

He is in fact NOT AT ALL pictured in the yearbook photo.
He did not select that photo for his yearbook page.
He won a contest moonwalking as MJ while wearing black face.
Years later his campaign aid explained to him why that
is offensive and hurtful.
He had the nickname Coonman at military school but does
not know why.
He will not resign as Governor of Virginia.

Democrat, Republican, Independent - there is NO double standard when an elected official fires himself/herself.

And the longer he waits to resign the more he looks like an embarrassing lout instead of a regretful man who can shoulder blame for dishonoring his office.

You know - like Donald Trump.

TC Shuts Up

Post by TC Shuts Up » Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:30 am

Michael Jackson in shoe-polished black face
He needed the shoe polish to look as White as Michael Jackson?

I think some of these incidents are more alcohol induced bad judgement issues than racial incidents. But if someone had started to stage such an incident at a party I was at, I would suspect I was being set up. I would run from that party and not look back.

I suspect that if you went to parties where there were no White people, you would find some hair raising racist Anti-White outfits and symbols. Perhaps a person in Whiteface wearing an old tire preparing for a "Necklacing" like Willie Mandela preferred?

In case your mainly Lily White Liberal University didn't teach you about Necklacing:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Necklacing
The neutrality of this article is disputed.
Really? How can you remain neutral about something so inhumane and outrageous?
Last edited by TC Shuts Up on Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Disagreeing with Communists is NOT an impeachable offense.

Never eat Sushi past its expiration date.

Those who refuse to drain the swamp are doomed to drown in it.

FET-500

Post by FET-500 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:39 am

Lester The Nightfly wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:17 pm

Actually in both mens cases their own words reveal more about their racist nature than 100 rolls of Kodachrome ever could. No pictures required.
Why don't you provide a quote as an example? Generally, what you find is not racism on the part of the speaker but clear racism on the behalf of the listener. (confirmation bias)
REMEMBER - "Mexican" isn't a race, and making a blanket statement regarding Hispanics is not "racist".

On the other hand, to believe otherwise IS racist.

TC Shuts Up

Post by TC Shuts Up » Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:45 am

FET-500 wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:39 am

Actually in both mens cases their own words reveal more about their racist nature than 100 rolls of Kodachrome ever could. No pictures required.
Why don't you provide a quote as an example? Generally, what you find is not racism on the part of the speaker but clear racism on the behalf of the listener. (confirmation bias)
REMEMBER - "Mexican" isn't a race, and making a blanket statement regarding Hispanics is not "racist".

Is that why Toujeo is marketing to solidly Middle Class Latinos (A large second and third generation, English Speaking, assimilated sub group) in the United States?

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandso ... -in-mexico

Toujeo Spot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hk3R5YKcKs

BTW, I love the ad, and think it will be effective in getting the medication to a significant ethnic population where Diabetes is common. The ad is about as racist as the Taco Bell Chihuahua.

FET-500

Post by FET-500 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:26 am

TC Shuts Up wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:45 am
FET-500 wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:39 am

Is that why Toujeo is marketing to solidly Middle Class Latinos (A large second and third generation, English Speaking, assimilated sub group) in the United States?

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandso ... -in-mexico

Toujeo Spot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hk3R5YKcKs

BTW, I love the ad, and think it will be effective in getting the medication to a significant ethnic population where Diabetes is common. The ad is about as racist as the Taco Bell Chihuahua.
You've conflated "ethnicity" and "race" and in doing so have illustrated my point better than I could have on my own; thank you.

TC Shuts Up

Post by TC Shuts Up » Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:36 am

You've conflated "ethnicity" and "race" and in doing so have illustrated my point better than I could have on my own; thank you.
If you don't understand the longstanding conflation of these terms, you were not around in the 1960s, when R & B formatted stations were described as Ethnic. Now the buzzword is Urban, but that is relatively new. That would suggest that all urban homesteaders involved in neighborhood gentrification are Black.

Well the US Census has been doing some reverse conflating of its own in order to suggest that the White population is shrinking. If Latinos/Hispanics are suddenly considered a separate race, rather than White Hispanics, pardon the convenient term used to describe George Zimmerman, suddenly, the White population decreases. It has certainly been hotly debated at high levels of government as to whether Hispanics are more useful the Liberals as a separate Race rather than a White Ethnicity. By redefining terms, you've suddenly decreased the number of so called "deplorables". How conveeeeeeeenient!

BTW, I once had a client who had registered under the name Joe Martinez. I needed his given first name for the transaction, so I asked if it was Jose'. No, it was Joseph, in the tradition of assimilated Roman Catholics. And a huqe percentage of Hispanics prefer assimilation. That's why Spanish Language radio has not taken off in Michigan except with national media buyers who don't understand their assimilation.

The next Hit Broadway Show. LES DEPLORABLES.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEiTKloMgBg

The Left firmly believes that in order to win, it must now change all the Rules and Laws, and if that isn't enough, to Cheat and break all the Rules and Laws. But they have been doing that since Dewey most likely Defeated Truman.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic