I've gotten slow & sloppy in activating new accounts lately; sorry about that! All new acct registrations in the queue as of 9/23 at 7:15a ET have been activated. Want to share your favorite Buzzboard posts with your social media page readers? Now, there's an easy way to do it! Visit this page for instructions: viewtopic.php?f=39&t=47643

(Note: hover your mouse pointer near the upper right corner of this box and click the "x" to close it.)

Denny McLain on AM 910

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
mikemach

Denny McLain on AM 910

Post by mikemach » Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:20 am

I am not a regular 910 AM listener but I stumbled across Denny in afternoon drive this week and have been listening. I actually like his show during what was to me the golden years of Detroit talk radio, the early 90's. Back when XYT had David Newman, Mark Scott and Denny in their lineup I loved talk radio! Especially Mr. David Newman! Anyway, I still kind odf enjoy Denny's shtick. I know he is a felon and all that, but he has a good radio presence IMO.

chromacolor2

Re: Denny McLain on AM 910

Post by chromacolor2 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:01 pm

I miss Newman myself. Was a call-in guest once taking questions of the on the DaimlerChrysler ripoff (before it actually occurred) Newman was the only media guy who wasn't reading from the press releases and calling it "journalism". Was a great show and I was on much longer than either of us expected.

radiofan

Re: Denny McLain on AM 910

Post by radiofan » Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:39 pm

Mark Scott was THE man. I never missed his show if I could help it. David Newman was pretty damn good too. Very intelligent man and a voice made for radio. Denny turned out to be a selfish prick who ruined a lot of peoples lives, but man, what a pitcher in his time, and I have to admit he was entertaining on the radio. It's a shame he chose to go the criminal route. He paid a heavy price for it, but I feel bad for the people whose pensions he stole.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic