All new acct registrations in the queue as of 6/16 at 8:10a ET have been activated. Want to share your favorite Buzzboard posts with your social media page readers? Now, there's an easy way to do it! Visit this page for instructions: viewtopic.php?f=39&t=47643

(Note: hover your mouse pointer near the upper right corner of this box and click the "x" to close it.)

Where were you

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
The Constant Browser

Re: Where were you

Post by The Constant Browser » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:08 pm

I was at work until our relief could make it in about 4:00am. The traffic had gone but the streets were empty and DARK. I realized how much I notice about what is all around when I drive, that in the total darkness, I would lose track of where I was. Many times I didn't know I was passing an intersection until I was in it. The headlights showed what was in front of me but I could see nothing around me. Fortunately when I got home my laptop was charged and my DSL was still working so I could get online a few minutes at a time to read up about what was going on.

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:24 pm

Power flicker looked like it was going to go out which it did for a second but it came back on had it on Fox News saying major blackout.

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

syntheticexctasy

Post by syntheticexctasy » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:43 am

My trusty old Mazda MX6 died that day. Just wouldn't start that morning. Later attributed to some electrical fault (though I realize unrelated, still pretty funny).

So I scrapped the battery and car stereo out of it, dragged them in the house and had the loudest stereo on the block. Had an inverter for lights, but didn't have enough oomph to fire up a fridge.

Power was out where I lived in Ypsilanti for one week. I didn't venture much outside a 10mi radius, since gas was kind of short. A couple local party stores, the Belleville Meijer and a few small gas stations remained open partially for the first day, then petered out. One local party store at Rawsonville and Textile actually went out of business shortly after the event, and the space turned into a 7-11.

I now have a generator and multiple inverters.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic