All new acct registrations in the queue as of 6/16 at 8:10a ET have been activated. Want to share your favorite Buzzboard posts with your social media page readers? Now, there's an easy way to do it! Visit this page for instructions: viewtopic.php?f=39&t=47643

(Note: hover your mouse pointer near the upper right corner of this box and click the "x" to close it.)

New sports station in Detroit?

Miss the posts from your favorite flame artist or troll who added little to no value to the Buzzboard? Read 'em here!
blackcowboybrady64

New sports station in Detroit?

Post by blackcowboybrady64 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:24 am

It appears that WDFN's 23-year run as a Detroit sports talk outlet may be winding down,as Big Jim and Drew (sans the ousted Gregg Henson) is the only Detroit-based show.The Ticket seems entrenched,but I wonder if there are any rumours of a new sports talk station,since the time is right for some competition for sports fans' listenership,which would heighten the level of sports talk in the area.

blackcowboybrady64

Re: New sports station in Detroit?

Post by blackcowboybrady64 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:32 pm

Yeah,Claymed,but aside from the Cowboy in Windsor reference,it would probably take a daring person or conglomerate to search for and pay top talent (likely out-of-towners) to come to Detroit,and I don't know if such a well-heeled person would take that chance in today's market.

blackcowboybrady64

Post by blackcowboybrady64 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:49 am

Radiofan,maybe INTELLIGENT people would want to listen to a cowboy with progressive views.(Oh,that's right,the show WOULDN'T work,because as everyone knows,the Mitten State is often called "Michissippi" for its uneducated,fat,racist population who voted for Gov. Rick "The Killer" Snyder and President Donald "Chump!!!!!")

blackcowboybrady64

Post by blackcowboybrady64 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:30 am

Possum,The Cherokee Cowboy,Conway,etc.,muct be spinning in their graves at the thought that "Body Like A Back Road" could chart,let alone be Number One,still less for TWENTY-SIX WEEKS!!!!!!I mean,at least,most bro-country was catchy if dumb as dirt."Body Like A Back Road" makes me long for the days of such guilty pleasures as "Bubba Shot The Jukebox," by Mark Chestnutt.George Strait must get sick to his stomach every time he hears that ode to Billy Bobbery.
As for WDFN,it's been sliding downhill since about 2009,when they fired people such as Jamie,Wojo,Regner and others deemed too expensive.You get what you pay for,and WDFN is getting crap.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic