Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Jim Fouts Top 10 Albums

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Deleted User 14888

Jim Fouts Top 10 Albums

Post by Deleted User 14888 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:37 am

Taryn Asher from Fox 2 had tried to interview Jim Fouts yesterday about the latest scandal he’s involved in, during the interview the question was raised about some tapes, Fouts said there could be millions of them, so here at Oldies 84 headquarters we thought it would be cool to do the Jim Fouts Top 10 Albums, so here we go,
#10 “Meet Jim Fouts”
#9 “Jim Fouts Second Album””
#8 “It’s Election Time Again”
#7 “Duets”Jim Fouts And Mark Hackel
#6 “I Love Warren”
#5 “That’s Not Me It’s Someone Else”
#4 “Duets Volume 2” with Mark Hackel
#3 “The Jim Fouts Christmas Album”
#2 “Warren Is A Melting Pot”
And Ladies and Gentleman the #1 Album by Mr. Jim Fouts recorded live It’s Jim Fouts ”Live in Amsterdam”.
Well there you have it, From Oldies 84, Have A Good Day!

zzand

Re: Jim Fouts Top 10 Albums

Post by zzand » Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:45 pm

My nomination for most worthless post ever!

Deleted User 24

Post by Deleted User 24 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:05 pm

zzand wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:45 pm
My nomination for most worthless post ever!
That's quite a (dis)honor when you consider the competition and the many sources it comes from.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:44 pm

You could have just made a thread that said "Jim Fouts is a clown", and I would have wholeheartedly agreed.

Then again, look at the majority of the populace of Warren, and...well, he's definitely a "man of the people".

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Y M Ionhere

Post by Y M Ionhere » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:32 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:44 pm
You could have just made a thread that said "Jim Fouts is a clown", and I would have wholeheartedly agreed.

Then again, look at the majority of the populace of Warren, and...well, he's definitely a "man of the people".
Fuck you. Warren is full of honest, hardworking people. Many factory workers from Chrysler, retail workers, truck drivers, machine operators, actually some small business owners. I would live there if i wasnt so dead set on leaving MI. What pretentious, nose-in-the-air snobtown do you live in?

Y M Ionhere

Post by Y M Ionhere » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:35 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:

Many blacks from Detroit seeking a better life for their familes. A growling muslim population. Chaldeans. Thats the future of Warren. I go there often. Thats what its like. Youre confusing them with Port Huron

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:27 am

The people who adore Fouts are little old ladies who believe he is a good Christian because he has a prayer station in city hall and fought hard to get the nude dancing establishment on Mound Rd. closed.

It's a complete facade; Fouts is a total asshole. People were telling me about his temper tantrums in city hall many years ago. As such, I am 100% convinced the tapes are undoctored.

Before Fouts' bigoted views became known, I voted for the man on multiple occasions (there has been no mayoral election in Warren since release of the tapes). In terms of delivery of city services, he & his administration have done a pretty good job. He financially navigated the city, successfully, through a sizable chunk of the Great Recession.

Fouts' leadership has been weak in the area of lobbying for road repairs in the city. IMO, he could've done much, much more to plead with Lansing to provide funds to fix Mound Rd. sooner. Sections of 12 Mile Rd. remain in disrepair, too.

It's too bad he is so vindictive and has such a hot temper. Mr. Fouts clearly has mental health issues.

There are two problems with your list, Oldies 84 (I give you an A- for effort, though!):
- #1: No Sinatra?!?!
- #2: No duets with fire commissioner Skip McAdams ? Fouts mentions his appointment of McAdams incessantly to support his claim that he is a proponent of racial diversity in the city.

Y M Ionhere

Post by Y M Ionhere » Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:12 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:27 am
The people who adore Fouts are little old ladies who believe he is a good Christian because he has a prayer station in city hall and fought hard to get the nude dancing establishment on Mound Rd. closed.

It's a complete facade; Fouts is a total asshole. People were telling me about his temper tantrums in city hall many years ago. As such, I am 100% convinced the tapes are undoctored.

Before Fouts' bigoted views became known, I voted for the man on multiple occasions (there has been no mayoral election in Warren since release of the tapes). In terms of delivery of city services, he & his administration have done a pretty good job. He financially navigated the city, successfully, through a sizable chunk of the Great Recession.

Fouts' leadership has been weak in the area of lobbying for road repairs in the city. IMO, he could've done much, much more to plead with Lansing to provide funds to fix Mound Rd. sooner. Sections of 12 Mile Rd. remain in disrepair, too.

It's too bad he is so vindictive and has such a hot temper. Mr. Fouts clearly has mental health issues.

There are two problems with your list, Oldies 84 (I give you an A- for effort, though!):
- #1: No Sinatra?!?!
- #2: No duets with fire commissioner Skip McAdams ? Fouts mentions his appointment of McAdams incessantly to support his claim that he is a proponent of racial diversity in the city.
12 Mile does suck. A few of the mile roads are bad..but is that Warrens job or the counties? Road repair jurisdictions get confusing. I do think Fouts is a hothead with racist tendencies. But he does not represent the city, which has a quickly growing minority population. My wife has a few non-caucasian friends there and really likes their neighborhoods. We also like some of the Asian restaurants in Warren. I think Warren has some good housing values too and most areas feel safe (im cautious about streets off Van Dyke btwn 8 and 10 Mile, where the drug problem seems worst and the , but its a large city so expect a ftheless than nice places). If I didnt need to get away from MI id probably move there or Sterling Heights, regardless of the asshole in charge because he might be gone soon anyway.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:51 am

12 Mile is maintained by Macomb County, but I know the city chipped in 50% of the resurfacing costs between Ryan Rd and Van Dyke. Why those sections were fixed while the section between Ryan an Dequindre (to this day) remains in a state of total disrepair is an interesting point to ponder.

My neighbors in Warren were all very nice people, and yes, my street was fairly diverse demographically.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:51 am

Y M Ionhere wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:32 pm
Mega Hertz wrote:

Fuck you. Warren is full of honest, hardworking people. Many factory workers from Chrysler, retail workers, truck drivers, machine operators, actually some small business owners. I would live there if i wasnt so dead set on leaving MI. What pretentious, nose-in-the-air snobtown do you live in?
Such language. The tolerant left strikes again. Oh, wait...

Anyway, I spent a lot of time in Warren growing up. Back in those days, it was a lot of blue collar factory types, old Polish folks (oh which my family consists of, and Warren is still home to a lot of them).

What has turned me off about Warren the last decade or so is the Eminem wanna-be's, the slim thug G's that claim "South Warren" as though it's some kind of gangsta's paradise.

Of course, said family, who now fall squarely into the MAGA category and vote hardcore Republican (wasn't always that way) claim the city is going downhill because of the "blacks". Credit to you, you say black families looking for a better life. I just shake my head when they bust out the "blacks" excuse.

The heroin epidemic hasn't helped, either. I've heard many complaints about the Warren PD over the years, but if you had tons of narcotics running through your streets, crime because of said narcotics, and calls about dopers nodding off at 8 and Van Dyke, yeah, I'd have an attitude, too. And I know, because I WAS one of those guys running across 8 mile and nodding out in the White Castle bathroom.

If it wasn't for those suburban gangsters that think Toepfer and Schoenherr was some blood/crip battleground, I'd probably still enjoy it.

PS, my church for over a decade growing up was St. Dorothy's at Frazho and Marilyn. The neighborhood across from Red Lobster with Engleman, Rubin, and Wagner off 10 mile and Hoover is where my grandmother has lived since 1959. That's about the last place I have from my childhood that I can still go to.

So just calm your tits a little bit.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Y M Ionhere

Post by Y M Ionhere » Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:47 am

I think the whole " gangster" thing you talk about may be due to the fact that Eminem is from Warren and may be the biggest name from the city. Thats sort of his stage persona so everyone wants to idolize their local hero.
The area you reference is a bit rough and drugs are a continuing problem. But again, youre judging Warren by the 8-9 mile and Van Dyke neighborhood, which is a small percentage of the city.
The biggest issue with the police is that they may be understaffed. I was in an accident in Warren and the party that hit me gave what turned out to be a bad phone number. My visit to the Warren Police Station was not unpleasant or hostile. The younger desk rookie was honest but professional. However, i dont see many Warren Police cars around the city.
Again, youre description sounds like Port Huron. Id say much of that citys southern half is very run down. People hanging out on porches or sidewalks in the middle of the afternoon looking drunk or high. Teens with nothing to do. Block after block of crumbling houses. On my list visit, we stopped at a fast food joint to use the bathroom. An off-duty employee was there with her kid. She told her daughter she needed to discuss work, then said " do you want to live here forever". A good 50% of the people there probably envy how people live in 75% of Warren.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic