Hello! Welcome to the Michigan Radio & TV Buzzboard. All accepted new account registrations through 12-09-2017 at 9:00a ET have been activated. I apologize for the delay in activating new accounts.

(Note: hover your mouse pointer near the upper right corner of this box and click the "x" to close it.)

More inspiration, coming on WHNE 14.x

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
SolarMax

More inspiration, coming on WHNE 14.x

Post by SolarMax » Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:44 pm

WHNE announces on their Facebook page:
"Coming soon to a channel near you -
LIGHT TV - There is something Good On!"

Looks like yet another "inspirational" channel. Light's site describes it thusly:
"Have you ever heard the expression “It's better to light one candle than curse the darkness?” It’s the sentiment that inspired us to create LIGHT TV, a new free television network that celebrates all that is good in our world. We feature movies and television series that encourage, inspire and uplift. Tune in to LIGHT TV – there is something good on."

I will be inspired and motivated to add it to my lengthening "skip" list.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: More inspiration, coming on WHNE 14.x

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:50 pm

That description reminds me a lot of the PAX network, a predecessor to the present day ION network.
C'mon iHeartRadio - do the RIGHT thing for once! Please cancel "Rover's Morning Glory" from WBFX in Grand Rapids.

Otter Mii-kun

Post by Otter Mii-kun » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:43 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:50 pm
That description reminds me a lot of the PAX network, a predecessor to the present day ION network.
Given the direction that network (as "i") has gone since the the late Bud Paxson left it (seems these days, Ion has a love affair with running Law & Order and Criminal Minds), I'm not surprised that somebody else is starting up a new subchannel network to fill the role PAX once had.

Speaking of this new subchannel, the TCT outlet in Saginaw/Flint (WAQP) added it to 49.3 recently as well.
Isn't it nice how deregulation has brought us such oversized and dangerously overleveraged broadcast owners? (Yes, I'm looking at YOU, Sinclair, Nexstar, Cume-U-Less, and iFart!)

videocollectore

Post by videocollectore » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:19 pm

LightTV is affiliate with MGM and is produced by Roma Downey and Mark Burnett, the Touched By An Angel couple. The station will only family friendly programming and is geared towards families with plenty of Christian based programming, nothing wrong with that. It's a good OTA alternative for those that cannot get Hallmark via cable.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic