Hello! Welcome to the Michigan Radio & TV Buzzboard. All accepted new account registrations through 12-09-2017 at 9:00a ET have been activated. I apologize for the delay in activating new accounts.

(Note: hover your mouse pointer near the upper right corner of this box and click the "x" to close it.)

Why won't the local media ask Snyder this question?

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Why won't the local media ask Snyder this question?

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:24 pm

The question is this:

"Why do you refuse to speak to the Flint Water investigative team assembled by Attorney General Schuette?"

I would love to know Snyder's reasoning. It is possible he has a legitimate reason, but I doubt that is truly the case.

Here is a question I wish the local media would ask former U.S. District Attorney, Barbara McQuade:

"Did you have any sort of investigation in process with regard to Flint? " Her silence on the matter has been deafening.
C'mon iHeartRadio - do the RIGHT thing for once! Please cancel "Rover's Morning Glory" from WBFX in Grand Rapids.

craig11152

Re: Why won't the local media ask Snyder this question?

Post by craig11152 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:32 pm

Has anyone asked Schuette if he is grandstanding for a Governors race?
Finally, he switched to a bone saw to finish the job, and at 9:17 p.m., Mountain time, the head of the greatest hitter who ever lived had been sliced off.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:27 pm

I cannot help but wonder if that is the main motivation behind Schuette's actions.

That being said, had he take no action in regard to Flint, the allegation would be that he is trying to protect appointees of a Republican governor.
C'mon iHeartRadio - do the RIGHT thing for once! Please cancel "Rover's Morning Glory" from WBFX in Grand Rapids.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:41 pm

fair point.
I will be curious if they can find 12 people to convict anybody.
Finally, he switched to a bone saw to finish the job, and at 9:17 p.m., Mountain time, the head of the greatest hitter who ever lived had been sliced off.

Realist

Post by Realist » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:00 pm

craig11152 wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:32 pm
Has anyone asked Schuette if he is grandstanding for a Governors race?
Schuette has been the most grand standing AG this state had ever seen. His frivolous lawsuits that have wasted millions of taxpayer dollars are ridiculous. It seems he's pushing his own personal agenda and not one for the citizens of Michigan...
Not an optimist or pestimist, but a realist on life

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:40 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:24 pm

I would love to know Snyder's reasoning.
Snyder's attorney, Brian Lennon, says the governor is willing to be interviewed under oath if the attorney general's office presents an ‘investigative subpoena’.
He says the subpoena would ensure that Snyder's information would remain confidential.
Lennon says there's been no subpoena.
~Repeal And Replace, Mitch Mcconnell.~

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:33 am

I am pleased that the question has finally been answered.

I cannot blame Snyder here, assuming his counsel is telling the truth. The law firm representing the Governor is a highly reputable one, so I am inclined to trust the response given.

It's odd that Schuette hasn't subpoenaed Snyder to testify under oath.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic