Hello! Welcome to the Michigan Radio & TV Buzzboard. Please visit the newly created "Buzzboard v3.0 features" forum to view announcements as to recently installed new features, as well as to report any issues or share your opinions regarding recent site changes. All accepted new account registrations through 9-17-2017 at 1:30p ET have been activated. I apologize for the delay in activating new accounts.

(Note: hover your mouse pointer near the upper right corner of this box and click the "x" to close it.)

Piss poor reporting by 950 WWJ

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Piss poor reporting by 950 WWJ

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:06 am

I've been listening to WWJ for the past 90 minutes.

I've heard ZERO mention of the criminal charges filed this morning against Michigan Health Director Nick Lyon and Chief Medical Examiner Eden Wells in connection with the Flint Water Crisis.

The staff of WWJ should hang their heads in shame!!!
Radio station web sites that do not offer music logs or at least a "songs recently played" list are stupid.

TC Shuts Up

Re: Piss poor reporting by 950 WWJ

Post by TC Shuts Up » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:35 am

They talked about it yesterday as I recall.
Never eat Sushi past its expiration date.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:06 pm

Very few people listen to WWJ at night. The charges were filed this morning. To not even mention it is inexcusable.
Radio station web sites that do not offer music logs or at least a "songs recently played" list are stupid.

Trophyhead

Post by Trophyhead » Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:16 pm

Lyon, Eden and Wells.

You can hardly make stuff like that (names of the accused) up, in relation to a truly sad story like the Flint Water Crisis.

Hard to believe they have turned around nothing to this point, regardless of whatever "pre-coverage" the matter was given.

TC Shuts Up

Post by TC Shuts Up » Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:32 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:06 pm
Very few people listen to WWJ at night. The charges were filed this morning. To not even mention it is inexcusable.
I listen to WWJ all over the state in my travels, but it falls off quickly on I-75 beyond West Branch in the daytime. You are correct though, it was probably last night that they were talking about the coming charges of people with names you would recognize. I think that was in an early (Earley?) press release.
Never eat Sushi past its expiration date.

pixelplay

Post by pixelplay » Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:32 pm

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2017/06/14/ ... ter-probe/ It's on their website... 5th story at moment. Update posted at 11:45 am. The shooter in Virginia probably got some of the news time. Were they running CBS Special Reports every 20 minutes?

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:58 pm

LOL - only story #5??? Pathetic.

When I was listening, I think I heard CBS Special Reports near the bottom of the hour only, and they were fairly brief in duration. Out of each hour, the Virigina shooting probably received 10 - 12 minutes of coverage (much of that coming at the top of the hour). That leaves PLENTY of time for other news to be covered.

pixelplay

Post by pixelplay » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:23 pm

Yeah, but they do the state stories in certain blocks so they time out right for all the features. Bet they did it early in the 8 am before the congressman was shot and took over the news cycle. That took over TV news not long after ... maybe 8:20 am... Usually they do the CBS updates when something like that happens and they run about a minute, even the one at the bottom of the hour. They probably had them at :20 and :50 as well.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:34 pm

Perhaps WWJ needs to reassess its priorities then.

I will say MLive has done a fine job covering the Flint developments today.

This Detroit News article (detnews.com) is also rather informative:
http://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/m ... 102838154/

The print media have been running circles around the TV & radio news media today.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:50 pm

FWIW 'JR has been all over it. Including a Beckman interview with the Attorney General.
~Repeal And Replace, Mitch Mcconnell.~

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:28 pm

Kudos to them; I would've liked to have heard that interview.

Snyder says Dr. Eden Wells is "fully committed" to Flint and is a great public servant. This article from MLive suggests otherwise:

http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/index.s ... _big-photo

Master Shake

Post by Master Shake » Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:39 am

They were not aware the charges were going to be read in court before the attorney general's press conference at 11 a.m. 950 was caught completely flat-footed. HOWEVER.. in their defense (weakly), the congressional baseball shooting was breaking at the same time. But that's no excuse for not having someone in the courtroom in Flint - it's not that far away!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic